Dromoland Newmarket On Fergus Cl 00000
Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

More about Lynch Clare Inn Hotel Suites, Irelands Leading Resort

Mommas & Pops place

by TripAdvisor Member Tinkerbelly

This place needs renovations. One good thing, is that it is close to the N18. The hallways look old and are patched up from previous holes made. The rooms are big but they have a funny smell. My mom was gaging. The beds sink in. You lay down and head to the middle. The place gave me the creeps. I think some people actually live in some of the rooms. The breakfast was great. The room where breakfast is served is actually nice, but does not go with the rooms which are old and smelly. The carpet is old and so is the curtains and bedspreads. I was almost afraid to sleep in the bed and catch something. Motel 6 looks real good next to this.

Great appartments

We stayed as a family in the appartments behind the hotel for easter week-end. I would have to say that they were extremely comfortable, clean and spacious.
we only ate one meal in the hotel and found it very good. Staff were polite and helpful at all times.
It is an excellent location for sightseeing as it is just off the N18 and therefore tourist attractions are easily accessible.
It is an extremely family friendly hotel though the pool could do with some updating and de-odourising!!

Has Seen Better Days!

We stayed in a room with our sons which reminded us of a dorm room. They said they could accomodate all four of us in one room which only meant they stuck more beds in there. The place was not terribly clean. They also said early check in would be "no problem" as we were coming off an early flight from the states. We arrived around eight and had to wait three and 1/2 hours for the room. Thankfully we only stayed one night. Would not stay there again!

Awful!

by TripAdvisor Member Fulhamtraveller

I spent four nights at the Clare Inn whilst attending an event at Dromoland Castle. On arrival the front entrance was undergoing some repairs which meant that I had to struggle with heavy bags and luggage around a poorly marked assault course to my room, across uneven and dangerous corridors. When I eventually found my room, there was no electricity and the telephone did not work. The bathroom door was so badly fitted, it did not close properly. The room was clean but had clearly undergone a 'quick fix' as the smell of paint was so overpowering I felt ill. As soon as the electricity returned there was no water. I had a meeting to go to and had no means of taking a shower. The staff were unhelpful and there was no apology for the inconvenience. The food was inedible and the bar staff incredibly rude. Because my telephone did not work I had to walk to reception to order room service that took an hour and a half to arrive.

Yuck

by TripAdvisor Member ascanlon

Just returned from a weekend break in the Clare Inn, it was terrible, we are a family of 4. 2 Adults a 4 year old and a 4month old. We checked in on Friday to be given a room that smelt of smoke and very drab indeed. When I went back to reception to complain they then put us in a new room. This room was much better newly decorated nice and bright, the main problem was the stairs. If you could imagine a buggy suitcases etc we were told the lift was around the corner, it was a good walk from the reception to where the lifts were and then you had to walk nearly back the same distance when you reached the second floor. Not only that buy taking the lifts we still had to drag our luggage up 7 stairs, I thought this was very poor. We had booked the restaurant for dinner on the 2nd night but I cancelled it as it was expensive and I could not be sure it was going to be very nice which I would have expected. We drove into Limerick and had a wonderful dinner at Luigi Malones (highly recommend it) Anyway the majority of the hotel was drab and needed attention this included the swimming pool. We will not be going back it was an expensive weeked for what we got.

Comments