Clare Inn Hotel and Leisure Centre

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

More about Clare Inn Hotel and Leisure Centre

Extremely disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member Brat74

I can't believe that this hotel was in Frommers! From the minute we checked in it was awful! The staff was rude, we got a room that reeked of Body Odor, there was mildew growing all over and around the bathtub, and there wasn't even a holder for the toilet paper roll. Middle of march and the heat wasn't working in our room, they said they'd send someone to fix it but no one showed up. My oldest daughter developed a mysterious rash after sleeping there. They seem to have a pub and a fancy restaurant there also, but don't let that you fool you; the menus are practically the same at both places (except that the pub will make sandwiches before 3pm) and it was all mackeral and duck and other weird stuff (clearly not meant for childrren) and the prices were like 20 EUR per person just for the main meal, so we ended up having to order in pizza. For some reason they didn't have anything set up in the children's game room, all the video games were off and there wasn't anything else to for the kids to do. Would've stayed somewhere else, but unfortunately there wasn't anywhere that had rooms available, due to a couple of busloads of students from France. =(

Okay, but check out other options first

We stayed at the Lynch Clare Inn for a couple of days in the middle of April. While the staff was very friendly and helpful, the hotel desperately needs a face-lift. Duct tape on the carpeting, walls needing painting - although they were in the process of renovating. This location is close to the Shannon airport and it does have a pool and a game room for the kids which is nice. However, I could not believe the lack of supervision of the older children. We have similarly aged children and I was shocked by the rudeness of these children - especially after 10pm. Running in the hallways, shouting, talking loudly up until almost 1am. This happened with several different kids on 2 separate nights. Perhaps the protocol is different in Ireland, but in the U.S., this was way over the top. All in all the value is good and it is close to the airport, but I would not recommend spending more than 2 nights there - at least if you want to sleep!

Dreadful

Extremely dissapointed, and even angry at the feeling of being robbed of a much anticipated break away with the children.

If it was possible to give it no stars I would. The food is overpriced and over salted. The hotel is dingy and dirty. Booked out early and moved on.

Cannot understand the complimentary reviews this hotel is receiving.

Room not clean, e.g. hair in the bath from previous occupants

Babysitting service is a joke. We were told to leave phone off hook in the room and listen in at reception. Is this legal ?

This does not begin to cover the faults we have found with this hotel. Badly needs a facelift.

Buyer Beware

by TripAdvisor Member VTMChris

I have read many of the reviews and most of it is accurate. We were looking for something near Ennis that was reasonably inexpensive. I tend to be verbose (since I try to include as much detail as possible since I rely on these reviews myself).

QUIET: This was by far the biggest issue! The other reviews were accurate about the kids. Although we only had one night when they were loud to an excessive time, I felt we were lucky as neither parents nor the staff proactively responded to this issue. Kids were up until 11:00 or midnight most nights and running up and down the halls at these times was not infrequent (except for one night, this went no later than 11 or 12, but it was enough of a problem to insure that I would not stay there in the future). Kids were also in the pub rather late too. Buyer beware on this point!

Staff: We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. We're not high maintenance travelers and this is not the Four Seasons, but we had no complaints in any way regarding our contact with the staff. Most days we returned to our room after breakfast around 9:30 am before we headed out for the day. We found that our room was not cleaned unless we hung the "ready for service" sign on the door. Most other guests did not have to do this so it may have been we were just leaving too late, just a heads-up!

Decor: This is basic accommodations and the other reviews suggesting a need for a "face-lift" are accurate. We were looking for fairly inexpensive accommodations so this was not a problem for us, once again, no one ever makes the claim that this is the Four Seasons. There is a game room for kids including arcade games and a pool table, there is also a swimming pool (although we didn't use it, swimming caps are required although I do not know if that rule is enforced).

Food: There is a full Irish Breakfast included. Cereal, eggs, bacon, hash browns, blood pudding, white pudding, fried tomatoes, various breads were available each day. This is served cafeteria style (i.e. eggs etc are cooked in advance, not to order). We never left hungry! We did not try the pub or restaurant food.

Location: Another reviewer remarked about the Clair Inn's distance from town (for walking). Ireland is not known for its public transportation (and I cannot guess why someone would stay here without a car, but I thought I would comment on this too). This is a distance from Ennis and Clare Castle, I would NOT recommend walking from the hotel. This is great if you have a rental car otherwise expect to call a cab (unless you're planning to bike). If you intend to walk I would suggest another hotel in town.

Comments