Blarney Hotels

• MURPCON profile photo MURPCON
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

GREAT HOTEL AND WELL LOCATED: BLARNEY CASTLE HOTEL

Recently had the pleasure in staying in Blarney Castle Hotel which was a fabulous experience. The owner was extremely friendly and even carried out luggage to our room. We got ROOM 28 which was great- spacious king size bed with an exceptional view of the Castle itself. We also had wifi in the room and decorated to a very high standard. The food was exceptional. What a choice on the menu and at good prices too. I had the fish and chips and my wife had the vension stew, it was cooked to perfection and we also had a glass of Blarney Blonde. We will certanly recommend it to our friends travelling to Blarney.

Great Service, Great Food, Great Accommodation, Great Host

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Road Trip
  • Written March 31, 2012

• Hoss6901 profile photo Hoss6901
  • Reviews: 4

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Allcorn's Country Home: Hidden gem in Blarney, Ireland

This is a gem of a place to stay! While visiting Ireland, which has a monumental amount of nice places to stay, my buddy and I were in Cork, late at night, looking for a place to stay. There were no vacancies anywhere, so I looked in my B and B guide and called Allcorn's. The owner, who is a remarkably nice person, let us stay there even when the B and B was closed for repairs and NOT accepting visitors!
Breakfast was excellent, hospitality was second to none, and I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone. Price per person was very reasonable.
More to come for Ireland and the UK.....

Wonderful country setting, very close to Blarney Castle and not too far off the beaten path, so convenience of Allcorn's is nice.
Rooms were very clean, the place smelled like a true country home (for those who grew up in the country, you know what I mean)!

• Opinion of Price: about average