Kerry Road, Tower, Blarney, County Cork, Ireland
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about The Hotel at the Blarney Golf Resort

Quiet location, v relaxing, would highly recommend

by TripAdvisor Member KCNavan

Myself and my partner stayed for two nights in February 07. Had difficulty locating the hotel to begin with but once we arrived we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Our double room was large and spotlessly clean. Staff were friendly and helpful and it had everything we wanted for a relaxing break. (i.e. no screaming children, no loud parties or hen wknds etc).

Breakfast was varied but some of the hot food was a little cold. We both thoroughly enjoyed our evening meal in the hotel, where we found a good selection of food even suiting my awkward vegetarian tastes.

All in all I would recommend this hotel highly for couples looking for a break away or for people wanting a quiet break with the option of visiting the city of Cork. Thumbs up from me :-)

The Hotel is very modern but there were positive & negative aspects..

by TripAdvisor Member Blaithin

We stayed here on a 2 night special, 11th - 12th May, courtesy of SuperValu Breaks so it was very good value. I enjoyed my stay but there were positives & negatives. 1. Hotel: First impression: the Hotel is very modern, bedroom was fab, very big, plasma tv, balcony - excellent! It was also very clean. 2. Service/Dining: Just felt some of the staff could've been more friendly, didn't feel overwhelmingly welcomed. I agree with some of the other reivews regarding service at breakfast, nobody escorted us to our table, I had to go and ask a waitress 'what was the protocol'. I watched other people wander aimlessly as to what they should be doing. In fact, I also felt the need to tell a couple the protocol because they were sitting around awkwardly at the entrance of the restaurant waiting for somebody to come to show them to a table. I too had to request things like plates for the hot food, and this was on Sunday morning at about 8:45am and we were the first in the restaurant so it wasn't as if it was v.busy. At dinner time however, the Assistant Manager in the restaurant was very efficient & pleasant whilst we were dining in the Inniscarra restaurant so this did make up for it. 3. Leisure Facilities: Pool area, sauna & steam room were very nice, however, we had to stand around for a few minutes wondering 'do we take the towels ourselves' until somebody came to our assistance, but I guess the girl might've been busy doing something else. 4. Location: I loved the location, it's in a remote area so personally speaking we were delighted with such a location. Overall, I still enjoyed staying here for various reasons but do feel for a 4 star hotel, they need to look at a few things to get that complete "4 star service" feel to it.

Ramada - great beds but too clinical

by TripAdvisor Member whales

I stayed for three nights in June.

The hotel is extremely modern, so much so that it comes across as quite clinical with no atmosphere. In other words, you could be in a hotel anywhere in the world - there is no Celtic feel or character to the hotel, and it reminded me of a hospital. In saying that the rooms are nice - plasma tv screen - HUGE bed which was the nicest bed I have ever slept in - it was like being wrapped up in a cloud.

the bar....well, it serves drinks - thats about it. It is like an airport bar - no character, not cosy and it is too clinical for my liking. The guys behind the bar are very nice tho. They had "music" on the friday night - we waited until 10.45 for it to start, and no joke, after the first song, all the Irish people walked out - it was brutal. There were a table ot german people that seemed to like it tho.

Restaurant - breakfast - self service. Food would have been nice if they found a way to keep it hot. Cereals, fruit, breads (very skimpy on the toast which they bring to your table - one slice) and full Irish (scrambled eggs on offer only - didn't bother putting in special request for fried eggs ).

Dinner - we had an all inclusive which included two dinners. We ordered from our own menu which they only changed one option out of four for the time we were there - it got boring. Although it says on the all inclusive menu that the dinner is worth 40 Euro, and you can mix and match with the other better menus. The point out that if you do mix and match you will only be credited with 25 Euro from your set menu and not 40 Euro and you must pay the difference. A main course from the more upmarket menu is about 25 - 30 euro, so you end up paying for your starter and dessert if you chose to mix and match.

The food was nice - the caeser salad was good, and the smoked salmon starter was good - funny, I cannot even remember the mains courses.

The hotel itself if miles away from the village - you need to either taxi it or drive. It is quite and secluded which is nice. There are apartments there also to rent along with the hotel.

All in all it was ok. Nothing special (except for that bed). Very clinical, no character, but rooms comfortable and it "got the job done".

The staff are extremely nice except for one person in the restaurant who looks and acts very surly. The bar staff are extremely nice - they make great cocktails also.

Lovely hotel, but lacks soul

by TripAdvisor Member Gerry_Ryan

Just returned from our stay here for two nights. First thing to point out, this hotel is not in Blarney, it's just outside (and a long walk uphill) a village called Tower. Blarney is about a ten minute cab journey away (which costs about €10).

The hotel itself is fine, clean modern rooms, friendly staff. However there is one problem, it lacks soul. Staying here, feels like staying in any business hotel around the world. The bar in the hotel is like any other bar and it's not the place you'd spend an evening having a drink.

I was disappointed also by the restaurant, the service was a little slow and the food nothing special. Had breakfast in bed and can't fault that.

On the plus side, the leisure facilities are fantastic. Lovely heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and well equipped gym. Didn't manage to get a game of golf in, but course looks amazing.

Overall a nice enough hotel, but as it's a 4 * and not cheap to stay in, so as your teacher would always say, 'could do better'.

Excellent resort

by TripAdvisor Member seanDublin

Excellent hotel stayed there last weekend availed of the golf and spa we have stayed in many golf resort hotel but this by far exceeds , friendly staff well trained great food my golf didnt stand up to course maybe next time really enjoyed and great value for money

4 Star ?

by TripAdvisor Member Decky67

Stayed here for 5 nights from a Friday to a Wednesday in a practically vacant hotel in August !

Hotel not in Blarney but in a village called Tower (4miles away !)

Restaurant & Room Service not available on a Sunday & Monday - only a pizza menu which is bought in locally ! The golf clubhouse (1/2 mile) serves food until 8.30pm !

Had 3 kids (13, 12, 10) with us who were allowed to use the pool unsupervised on Friday & Saturday mornings but not on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday !!!!

Very clean, good breakfast, good pool, good PGA golf course.

Nice and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member koja

Decided to stay here after reading other reviews of the hotel on this site. Certainsly lived up to expectations and would highly recommend for anyone looking for a quiet family get away. Lodge was excellent and far more suitable for families that the standard family hotel room. It is in an isolated location so own transport is essential. Full marks to the hotel reception and spa staff for friendliness and assistance.

Worst hotel ever

by TripAdvisor Member FrequentTraveller66

Stayed 2 nights in a luxury room. What luxury? First night tried to get a drink from the mini bar, no mini bar, informed the Irish would steal the drinks. Tried to phone for a drink at the bar, phone immediately put down after it had rung a few times. Decided to walk to the bar for a drink. The noise was horrendous with children climbing over the furniture and running around. We saw the barman pick up a ringing phone several times and put it down without speaking to the caller.

Thought we would go in for dinner - not ordering a drink at the bar. Was informed in the restaurant there was no drinks menu. I ordered a gin and tonic no ice, my husband asked what Irish ales there were to be told they did not have any Irish ales. He ordered a cider. After a very long wait my drink came - in a half pint glass full of ice and a bottle of lemonade. My husband did not get his cider as they said there were no clean glasses and anyway the bottle was too much for the glass - surely one fills up the glass when there is more space.

My husband ordered baked goats cheese for an entree, and I had filo pastry filled with brie. The goats cheese had obviously come straight from the fridge, stone cold. My filo pastry had been fried until it was solid and no sign of any cheese left.

On returning from a day out the following day, our room, had not been cleaned toiletries not replaced, and there was no coffee sachets or UDT milk. One would think it such a simple request. No, it was after 6 p.m. no housekeeping staff. It took one and three quarters of an hour, 4 phone calls to reception, and finally we heard a knock at the dorr, it must be our coffee and milk. No, there was someone with a 2 pint jug of milk and a 2 pint jug of water, NO COFFEE. Finally in desparation the receptionist brought these two items herself.

So all you lucky people who have stayed after the beginning of August might like to thank me, as because of our complaints there was supposed to be a shake up of the staff. Did we get any satisfaction from the hotel from the total lack of service, yes an offer of a preferential room rate when next in the area. Yes I go to Ireland every week from Australia, so perhaps I can pop in some time for some more "excellent service".

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member racer77

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in the first wek of October...we found this hotel very relaxing, and would certainly have no hesitation in staying here again. Found the the two clerks very polite and helpfull..The food was very nice in the restaurant, and there was a huge amount to choose from for the breakfast menu...would recommend it to anyone..who wishes for a calm weekend away..

good value for money - would stay again

by TripAdvisor Member lovedup-kerry

Myself and my husband have just returned for a weekend break in this hotel and we were very impressed. I was concerned after reading other reviews but I could not find fault.
The check in was great with very friendly staff and we had a fantastic room which was spotless.
We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and we really enjoyed our meal. Great menu choice with a lovely chatty waiter who arranged an off menu dish for my husband.
Breakfast on both mornings had a great selection of fruits and hot items. With regard to location, I liked the fact that we were not in the heart of Blarney as it can be too touristy some times.
Great value, pleasant staff - would return.

Blarney CastleBlarney Castle