Clonakilty Hotels

Our Members Say

Emmet Hotel: Country House Luxury In Town Centre

I hate to label this lovely accommodation as a hotel. It is so much more than wht that label usually implies. Marie & Robert O'keefe are the most delightful of hosts. They work to make sure that the Emmet is relaxed and welcoming.

I stayed there in July of 2005 for two nights. I wish I would have had more time there! There are 20 bedrooms all en-suite with T.V direct dial telephones and tea/coffee making facilities. My bed was comfortable enough to allow me a full night's sleep, two nights in a row. Quite an accomplishment as I am usually quite uncomfortable at night.

Facilities in the hotel include a Bistro, Conference Room, Function Facilities, Bars, Garden Patio, Cocktail Bar and Nightclub.

There is a swimming pool and fitness centre close the Emmet Hotel.

Mastercard & Visa accepted

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Seniors, Women's Travel

Ard Na Greine Farmhouse: Country Quiet, Close To Town

Norma Walsh, the aunt I always wished I had, has a warm welcome for each guest to walk through the door at Ard Na Greine. It is a large comfortable home on the outskirts of Clonakilty. Ard Na Greine is a working dairy farm. Guests can wlak the farm at their leisure.

Norma makes sure that each guest is well situated and comfortable. THe bedrooms are comfortable. The views are delightful from any room. The showers are strong and teh hot water plentiful.

Breakfast is phenomenal. Variety is the word, when it comes to the Breakfast that Norma provides. Dinner is also available with prior arrangement. There is also afternoon tea, should you make it back that early.

It is convenient to Blarney Castle and the Ring of Kerry. Clonakilty is only 6 km away.

Tours of the dairy are available for the asking
You can enjoy the views of rolling green pastures as far as one can see, or just watching the cows being milked.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Singles, Seniors, Women's Travel
Tip Photo

Ard Na Greine

Aisling Heights B&B: Quiet Elegance, Yet Family Friendly

Angela Drsicoll provides a warm and inviting home. Aisling Heights is the perfect blend of Old-World grace & charm and modern convenience.

Every bedroom is ensuite with power showers. The beds are comfortable and the rooms well decorated. Every room has coffee/tea facilities.

Breakfast is a true delight! Angela's brown bread is heavenly. The menu will satisfy most anyone's taste. Angela was very accommodating for my allergies.

located within 6/7 mins walking distance of Clonakilty town
Electric Blankets on the beds!
Babysitting service upon request
Smoking Allowed, but not in bedrooms
Price reduction for children

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Seniors, Family Travel, Budget Travel
Tip Photo

Aisling House

• jwha profile photo jwha
  • Reviews: 29

The Emmet Hotel: The Friendliest Hotel

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who will be staying in Clon. The staff at this hotel is wonderful. I was traveling alone on business last May. The staff was very welcoming.

My trip had been extended at the last minute. I spent the weekend sightseeing (based on recommendations from the hotel staff). The annual point to point horseraces were just outside of town. I was going to call a cab, but the manager was on his way to the races and offered take me. I was concerned about how I would get back to the hotel and at the end of the race, the owner of the restaurant connected to the Emmet Hotel saw me there and offered to take me back to town.

I had returned on another business trip this past February and they recognized me from my previous trip. This is a great feeling when you are away from home for weeks at a time.

They do have hair dryers, you have to request it form the front desk.

For a view of the park across from the hotel, recommend rooms 1 or 3.

Some of the rooms have skylights, while I was there in May the sun was out until approximately 10 or 11:00pm. If you tend to go to bed early, you may want to pack an eyemask.

They have a dance club attached to the hotel. This may be something to keep in mind if you are looking for "quiet" nights on Friday and Saturday night.

• Opinion of Price: N/A