Cork International Airport Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Cork International Airport Hotel

Loved this Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member wexfordbubbles

Just back from a well earned break in cork international airport hotel, WOW factor in all areas of this hotel.rooms fabulous,clean, spacious and welcoming.all areas of the hotel from the second you go through the doors to the second you reach your room very interesting and different.Staff very friendly and helpful, always a smile and a friendly word no matter when you met them.I will definitely be returning there again...sooner rather than later. great value for money.

Perfection, a grand experience, very welcoming

by TripAdvisor Member Deanie11

This hotel is an experience in itself. The design is breathtaking. The staff was impeccable, taking care of our every needs. Breakfast buffet was great with many offerings. We had a light evening meal in the restaurant which was very good. The rooms are beautiful with outstanding linens. Very quiet and dark for sleeping during the daytime.
They have a unique lounge available if you have several hours and don't want to get a room. For a minimal charge The Pullman Lounge is a nice getaway with massage chairs, snacks and beverages.
I would highly recommend a visit to the Cork International Hotel to stay, have a meal or just to see the spectacular design.

Not Acceptable

by TripAdvisor Member Shirley23

Having stayed at this hotel on 3 different occasions, I have had 3 totally different experiences. During stay 1 I loved the room and all facilities but my problems began when I left a breakfast card on the door before retiring for the night. Sadly next morning the breakfast never arrived. Upon checkout I drew this to the attention of the reception clerk. I was offered an upgrade for my next stay which I booked there and then as I was flying 2 weeks later and would have needed a hotel room. During that stay everything was wonderful...no complaint!! But stay 3 was a bit of a disaster. I Landed in Cork @ midnight. Got Hotel Shuttle to the Hotel. Checked in and then things deteriorated. No Toilet Paper in the Bathroom. The Bathroom was designed for a wheelchair bound person. The Towel rail was the actual hand rail which assists paraplegics onto the toilet. A hook on the back of the door would have been nice to hang my wet towel on. A door stop would be handy to stop the door from banging off the wall tiles when opened. We all hear of people with special needs needing to be catered for(and rightly so) but try being able bodied and living with everything at hip level. We complpained to the Concierge before we unpacked but we were not transferred to a standard room with a regular shower etc. Fabulous hotel but sadly this time the folks at Cork International got it so WRONG!!!

Fabulous Place - wacky and stylish decor

by TripAdvisor Member pepperwhitemini

Stayed at this hotel as part of a group. It is only a five minute walk from Cork Airport terminal, look in front and to the left when you come out of the terminal building and you'll see it - although they do offer a courtesy bus.

Check-in was quick and efficient and check-in staff were friendly. Although I didn't book it I was given a room with two beds, a double and a single. The room was larger than normal with good quality furniture and a flatscreen TV too. The quality of the linens/covers was excellent as was the bathroom which had a power shower with excellent water pressure. The supplied towels were nice and thick too. I couldn't fault any aspect of the room itself.

The service in the bar was probably lacking the final touch to give it 5/5 - but the party I was with was still chatting and drinking at 5.00am so I couldn't help but think the bar staff were probably getting tired by this point!

The buffet breakfast could probably have had a bigger choice but it wasn't a major problem. Going along with the general theme of the hotel one section of the restaurant where the breakfast is served looked just like you were sat in an aircraft with a section of fuselage windows. The seats were real seats out of an aircraft and reasonably comfortable too.

The toilets were amazing - totally wacky design in there with air-blade hand dryers as well as lights that change colour depending on how hot you had the water in the washbasins.

Cork is a beautiful city but you could easily spend a very enjoyable day just in the hotel.

The only thing that let it down was that there were no leisure facilities of any kind there - I was told that they would be coming though.

Overall an excellent experience and definitely a place to stay at again.

Everything excellent

by TripAdvisor Member carolnottingham

Stayed here for 1 night with my husband and children.We booked the standard room with 2 double beds cost 95 euros including breakfast for us all.The room was hugh and immaculate.It was full of mod cons and very quiet. Staff were very helpful and the reception areas very funky. Great to just walk over to the airport. Would definatly stay here again.

good start to our trip

by TripAdvisor Member waterfordmma

OK we stayed here for the night before our flight out and was very impressed by the room we got, the bed was comfy, tv was huge, and although the window was massive, the curtains were able to block out the light when we needed to. The bar staff was excellent too, very friendly and went out of their way to get us food even though food had stopped being served an hour previous.

The Pullman lounge is impressive at first but its really not worth the money, the description does not match the actual experience, the fruit selection is not great, the movie selection was not the best and after we made a choice the wrong movie was played. The massage chairs are hard to use as they do not have english instructions.

The shuttle bus service to the airport was very prompt even at 3am

Excellent, Quirky

by TripAdvisor Member reallyitchyfeet

What a brilliant hotel. A cross between a hotel and an art gallery. Would stay here again anytime. Excellent rooms, service and food. Quirky touches all over the place!! Our party were particularly taken with the toilets and the aircraft fuselage in the restaurant. Well worth a visit.

An amazing - and pleasant - surprise at the Cork airport

by TripAdvisor Member ilovehuck

We were skeptical about staying at an airport hotel, despite the good reviews we read here. We must add our voice to those who rave about the Cork International Aiport Hotel. We upgraded to a business class room, which was huge by European standards - and even quite large by US standards. We had a desk, large flat screen TV, two double beds, table with two chairs and a deck that overlooked a neighboring dairy farm. The room was decorated tastefully and interestingly but it did not compare with the quirky and whimsical artwork in the common areas. We had both breakfast and dinner in the hotel, and found the delicious fare to be served by a competent and friendly staff. We took a cab into Cork, which cost about 15 Euro, but you can also take the Skylink bus for 8Euro (round trip), which leaves from the airport every 30 minutes. There is a courtesy shuttle to pick you up to and from the airport. You can use the video phone in Arrivals to call for the shuttle. Our check in was speedy but we did not learn about our one free movie until check out. You can monitor flight status from your room, which is convenient and there are a large number of TV channels from which to select.

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member Coop2776

I stayed for two night as part of a trip around England, Ireland and Scotland and this hotel was definitely one of my favourites of the trip.

My flight arrived early and when I arrived and identified myself to reception, I was told that my friend was waiting in the downstairs lobby for me and that I could check my baggage while they found out if my room could speedily be cleaned so we could check-in early.

Our room had two double beds and was very large and comfortable - more than enough room for two women with lots of luggage. The beds were comfortable and there was a large screen tv with many channels to choose from. We were also happily surprised to see that the bathroom had heated floor tiles - that just added to the comfy feeling of the room.

We took the airport bus into Cork bus the next day (about 8 Euros round trip) and as we walked around, realized that we had made a smart decision staying at the airport as there weren't many nice places to stay within close walking distance of the city centre.

Breakfast was included in our hotel rate and the buffet was quite good. It offered a range of breakfast foods for whatever your mood and appetite. We also opted to eat dinner at the hotel bar both nights we were there and our meals were excellent both times.

The funky lower lobby of the hotel (check out the disco ball and the way cool bathrooms!) also offered coin-operated internet acces which was very easy to use and much appreciated.

All in all a great stay and excellent value for the 4 star treatment.

Wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member oziemaid

I arrived in the middle of the night, sick with bronchitis and just wanting to go to bed. Phoned hotel on courtesey phone from airport and bus arrived immediately. I found a five star hotel at two star rates. Room large and luxurious with wonderful bed, doona and pillows. Staff were wonderful and very professional. Breakfast great. Courtesey bus immediately returned me to airport on request. Could have stayed there a week simply to recover and luxuriate. Highly recommended for any weary traveller. One could even use it as a base to visit Cork and/or surrounds.

Comments