Perrott Avenue, College Road, Cork, County Cork, Ireland

Travelocity Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Wonderful Place to Stay

While the Hayfield Manor was a tad bit more expensive than we like to spend, one gets what one pays for. Bart was helpful in giving directions to shopping, making sure we had umbrellas and was full of great local knowledge. The staff was kind and attentive but not in our faces. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and they truly made it memorable. The quiet and the great food is just what we needed in the middle of our journey. They even sent us off with a box of scones! Can't wait until we can return.

Unique Quality: Pool
    Spa - did not use
    Restaurant
    Breakfast

Walk to shopping, pubs and city centre

More about Hayfield Manor Hotel

Third trip to the Hayfield Manor

We stayed at the Hayfield Manor for the first time in Feb 05 (see my previous review in March 05!) We returned in December 05 and then again in Feb this year. On our third trip we found the hotel had started to make some changes in an attempt to compete with newer hotels in the city. Hopefully they will not change too much. Although
on our third visit there were some new faces amongst the staff the recruitment policy must still be to find people who genuinely want to provide excellent service and make sure you have a good time. This is such a pleasure.

The leisure facilities are being updated and were not quite complete. On our last two trips I have found time to have some beauty treatments and these have been great - lovely Elemis products.
The new treatment rooms look super. They also have a relaxation room with massage chairs which was very nice. The gym wasn't finished but presumably they will have improved this for those who want this facility.

We chose again to eat in Perrotts for both of our return visits. The third time was maybe not quite as good as the previous visits as they had a new chef who was experimenting a bit with the menu. I do feel sure however this will settle down. They have re-furbished (and renamed) their more formal dining room, Orchids, to make it less austere.

Sadly I think in many ways Hayfield Manor is being forced to leave behind some of its more traditional values to compete with the more
"corporate" hotels. I hope for those of us that go there for pleasure
that we can still find that special Irish welcome.

Loved the Hayfield

by TripAdvisor Member hotdogl37

Just returned from seven days touring in an open top Bentley pulled up to the door of Hayfield Manor in wonderful sunshine, the car door was opened by a most elegant top hatted gentleman, surely things couldn't get any better. Well, pleased to report that the hotel was as elegant ,posh and comfortable as the Bentley with the added bonus of very soft pillows and good food. We enjoyed two good nights in this fine hotel.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Johnlfg

Hayfield Manor is an excellent hotel. The rooms are a good size, the bathrooms are lovely, the food is nice and the hotel in general is clean with a good atmosphere. The only downsides are the location, which is not disastrously bad, just a little inconvenient, and if you are being particularly picky then the leisure facilities are not the greatest, although they would be adequate for the vast majority of people's requirements. Despite these very minor issues, the excellent service more than compensates and overall I would rate this hotel as one of the best I have stayed in, certainly in the top 3 at least.

The first choice to stay in Cork...

by TripAdvisor Member margarida

In summer 2003 we had donne a fantastic trip in Ireland.We rented a car in Dublin and travelled around the Island.
We stayed in Hayfield Manor for two nights.
We had a large room with a kingsize bed and a single bed for my son.The room was very confortable,clean and lovely decorated.
The hotel has a indoor swimming pool that open to the garden!
The staff was very kind and helpful.All the staff knew our name and room number from the first moment we arrived...we felt at home everytime!!
The hotel is not in the city center but it is easy to reach the main sights in Cork by public transport or by car.It is about 3 km from the center but it is close to the university and the cathedral!
We had dinner one night in the Hotel.The food and the service was first class!The breakfast was also very good.
We travelled during 3 weeks in Republic of Ireland and Northen Ireland and Hayfield Manor was the best hotel were we stayed in.
I

Best Customer Service!

by TripAdvisor Member CDM_Vidalia

The Hayfield Manor Hotel in Cork, Ireland is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. My wife and I had traveled from Wicklow to Cork via Waterford after having just arrived in Ireland the day before. By the time we arrived in Cork we were both exhausted. I asked the check in person for a recommendation for Fish & Chips; she had made a recommendation. She also mentioned someone could go & get the fish for us. Bart, the weekend concierge handled getting the food for us. Before we even made it to our room there was a 2 person place setting on our table. We were in the room for about 15-20 minutes when Bart showed up with a Bag of Fish & Chips. This type of service did not appear to be an isolated case as each time we went through the lobby it appeared he was helping someone else with equal deligence. This next morning as we were leaving Bart was there again to ensure we got into our car safely. Bart, also being native to the area, was able give us a couple of travel tips. It is hard to travel with an umbrella & as such we did not. Again Bart noticed this & provided us with an umbrella. Now what about the charge? I reviewed my bill & was surprised to see absolutely no service charge for the Fish & Chips nor for the umbrella. Breakfast was excellent. The rooms were very nice, roomy & very clean.

Just OK

by TripAdvisor Member njbigbob

stayed here recently on my trip thru Ireland and booked this directly with hotel, this is NOT 5 stars by usa expectations, but none the less nice...staff was excellent and louie the door man fantastic, the room was old and antiquated, the bed was uncomfortable, the gym was a nightmare with equipment from the turn of the century...the surrounding city of cork is real nasty and dirty...the other parts of the hotel such as rest, bar all very nice....i would not stay here again !!!

Home a way from home

by TripAdvisor Member chicagochris101

Staying at this five star hotel at present and only say great things about it. I always told myself that when i come to Ireland i would stay in the best places possible and this was one of thoses. This hotel has a great location and is a gem which the Cork people are keeping to themselves. The hotel is perfect for shopping and i know all about it with my wife spending loads of dollers... or should i say euro in all the lovely shops in cork like Brown Thomas which i think is her favourite and will be the banks as well when we get home.

Well i should tell you about the hotel our room is a large room clean and looking over the the formal garden at the rear of the hotel i was told theses were designed around the ones at Muckross haven't seen them yet but if they are any thing like theses can't wait. The bath rooms have real marble on the floors. and they have under floor heating great for the cold mornings. But must say weather was great must have bought it with us.

The main hotel lobby is large but homely and has great couches to sink into. There is also a libary and drawing room these will bring you out to the garden.

We are staying on a two Bed and Breakfast and One dinner + Afternoon tea. We had tea in the garden yesterday and Jenny the bar person is as irish as they come. With red hair and that top of the morning way about her. She was great and the tea was excellent.

Having dinner to night so can't comment on that yet but will let you know. But if it's any thing like the rest of the stay its will be great.

Oh should say this is a family run hotel and you will feel this when you arrive that why i say it's a home away from home. Even the owners daughter works here and is a lovely young lady she designed the restaurants and some rooms.

well have to run as the wife want to go SHOPPING ha ha

BEST HOTEL I HAVE STAYED IN TO DATE

great Irish hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member ontourtraveller

This hotel is an island of wonderful Irish hospitality in the centre of Cork:
The greeting by Louis the doorman, your car is parked, your luggage disappears to your room, and this level of personal service is maintained. We absolutely enjoyed our couple of days there , loved the heated indoor pool, and the pub-like atmosphere of the bar. An object lesson in the art of hospitality.

Gorgeous room, stunning breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member tripmonsters

This place was booked for myself and my colleague as part of a work visit to Cork. It was lovely. A very comfortable bed, loads of space and a great bathroom. It was a pity we were only over in Ireland for one day, this place was a lovely getaway. The breakfast options nearly made my eyes pop out. I was being healthy at the time so didn't plump for a cooked breakfast but my colleague did and I was extremely jealous. Everything from porridge to kippers was on offer and in lovely surroundings.

Very relaxed splendour

by TripAdvisor Member Kerrymonkey

Stayed here for a weekend last year. The hotel is 5 star and just about deserves it. The one quibble I had was our room location. We were effectively on a lower ground level with our floor level below the carpark hence it was quite dark in the room. Also this meant we could not avail of the private stairs to the leisure centre. Because there are no dedicated changing rooms for the pool this meant we had to parade in our swimming togs and dressing gowns to the pool in full sight of other guests and within shot of the reception.
The pool and facilities were lovely though and dead quiet. The outdoor hot tub is a treat and one does feel relaxed and removed here.
We ate in the restaurant one of the nights as part of our deal. The food was excellent and the staff service was what you'd expect of a 5 star. We were interested though to overhear another diner argue with waiting staff and management over the price of the wine on the menu (he seemed to think they were heavy handed with their prices for a wine he had bought himself quite cheaply elsewhere). However like I said we enjoyed our meal immensely.
Breakfast the 1st morning was 1st rate. All freshly made to order with really good food (I do like my full irish!). The 2nd morning was not as good as it was all from a breakfast buffet so no matter what it couldn't taste as good.
Overall you are made feel very welcome here. The staff are for the most part local and have a good knowledge of the area, especially the two doormen we encountred (Louis and Bart). What I liked most was the non-obtrusive nature of the staff. They leave you alone and you really feel like the hotel is yours for the duration of your stay. Then as soon as you actually need somethng there's always someone at hand with prompt efficient service.
We also enjoyed a top quality afternoon tea as part of our deal.
I think this is an excellent hotel run very well. However if I go back I will specify that I do not want a room on the lower level.

Do you know Cork City Centre well?

by NiceNYGuy

I have been to Ireland a few times but never to Cork. I am taking my father and his wife who are in their mid 70's and her son and her sons wife in their late 50's.

I want to stay somewhere in Cork that is very nice. Where is the nicest part of Cork to stay? Or, should I skip Cork and stay in Killarney? We will be staying for 2 nights and then must go to Galway for a few days afterwards.

And advice would be grately appreciated.

Thank you. James Fitzgerald

RE: Do you know Cork City Centre well?

by Ruai

Stay in the Metropole Hotel, Cork. Its very nice :-)

Re: Do you know Cork City Centre well?

by SabrinaSummerville

It depends on how much you want to spend. Hayfield Manor is five star and divine.

As for staying in Killarney - it's beautiful there too but in an entirely different way. Most recently I stayed in the Killarney Plaza which is right in the City Centre and very appealing. There's a review on my Killarney pages.

What sort of things do they want to see?

Conference in Cork

by Claudiac

We are attending a conference in Cork at Jurys hotel. No room there. Can you help with a hotel nearby? Also, have several days before and after. Can you recommend an itenerary and B&B's to stay in. Two of us.

Re: Conference in Cork

by orlikins

Have you tried Silver Springs Hotel?
Check out http://www.cork-guide.ie/acomtion.htm

Orla

Re: Re: Conference in Cork

by donalh

Or, if your company are paying - Hayfield Manor is nice.

If you are staying for a few days I would reccomend staying outside Cork (Kinsale for example !!! - check my homepage)

D

Re: Conference in Cork

by psychofluffbunny

The closest place for B&B's to Jurys Hotel is on Western Road. All have parking and some are really nice, look up cork-guide.ie and youll get a list. Wester Road is a 2 or 3 minute walk from Jurys.

For a hotel, the Hayfield Manor is a 5 star just around the corner, failing that the Imperial is a really nice hotel....less expensive and city central. About 5-10 minutes walk from Jurys.

If you need any help, feel free to pick my brain further for more advice!

Re: Re: Conference in Cork

by Claudiac

Thank You- I may get back to you later. We will be in Dublin prior to Cork. Lots of B7Bs look nice on the net. Don't have the company paying there. We think close to Trinity might be the best. Any opinion.
Thanks again.