Isaac's

TheAndos's Profile Photo

Central Cork

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 29, 2011

We like to stay in the centre of towns so we can get around easily and Isaac's fits the bill. Had a big room - asked for quiet and it certainly was. Attractive entrance with a water fall down the hillside at the end. Security parking available in the local churchyard! Reception very helpful.

MikeStarr5's Profile Photo

Centrally located with its own waterfall

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 21, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. I must say that the first time was far better than the second. Not that the standard had gone down, if anything it had gone up.

The reason for my disatisfaction was a huge mix up over the date of the booking. Ok these things happen but it was more the way that it was sorted out that upset me rather than the mix-up itself.

I won't bore you with the details but if you book there, pray that you do not have to change the date of your stay or have to add an extra person. You would think that a hotel of this standard would be able easily to cope with changes as common as that. Sadly not, they were thrown into complete chaos.

Aside from that I have no complaints about the hotel itself or the rooms etc. I would still recommend it, even though I had a few problems myself.

Breakfast was good - I had the full Irish breakfast and the hotel restaurant was great in the evening. The bar too was nice. We met some very interesting characters having a quick drink before going to the theatre which is directly opposite.

Unique Quality: In summer you can eat outside by the side of a waterfall. Amazing

Directions: McCurtain Street is one of the main roads in Cork - Everybody will be able to give you directions. Fairly close to the bus station - not far from the train station.

Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

A good self-catering option

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 11, 2007

Isaacs Hotel is situated on Mc Curtain Street, just three minutes walk from Patrick Street , railway and bus stations. The hotel has standard and superior hotel bedrooms but I am only familiar with the self-catering facilities. Last Christmas I rented an apartment here for friends who were visiting for the holidays. This apartment had two bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bathroom and was comfortably ( though not luxuriously ) furnished. Because our friends had come from Spain I was a bit worried about heating but was assured this would not be a problem. Though they didn't arrive until late evening the apartment was heated all day and was thoroughly warm and welcoming. I found the staff extremely helpful and was given free access to the apartment beforehand to pop some food in the fridge and throw up some Christmas decorations. A cot was provided and there were absolutely no additional charges other than those stated initially. Our friends loved the apartment's convenience with absolutely everything on their doorstep. Their young children were made very welcome and all in all they were very happy with the accomodation. We found the price per week, less expensive than all the other apartments we checked out.

Unique Quality: Isaacs has the benefit of having two great restaurants on the premises. Its location is superb, right in the centre of the city, in a picturesque courtyard setting.

Directions: Across the street from the Gresham-Metropole Hotel and in the same building as Isaac's restaurant

Corks Best Little Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 14, 2005

Fantastic small hotel in Cork city. I stayed at this hotel an may occasions and have allways had a good experience. Fantastic service, great breakfast room and two good restaurants in the building. Try and get one of the rooms that do not over look the main road as it can be a little bit on the noisy side.

Unique Quality: Small deck area that looks on large articifical waterfall.

Directions: City Centre

• Room Service
  • Business Services
  • Kitchenette

Cork Travel Forum

Need advice about Cork, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Cork and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cork hotel reviews