Lotamore House

WhispersWest's Profile Photo

Old World Blended Seamlessly With the New

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 24, 2006

From the moment we walked through her doors, I was taken by Lotamore. The entry hall bespoke of a time when grace & decorum meant everything.

The bedrooms were delightfully decadent without being too over the top. The oversized beds were just the firmness for a comfortable three nights sleep. I found myself sleeping in, which is something I can never do because of chronic pain. THe deep cushioned reading chair begged me to pull out a novel and sink in and read. I actually spent an entire afternoon in my room whilst the rest of my group was out and about in Cork.

The staff was knowledgeable and quite willing to help in any way.

Breakfast was delicious, once they took away the plate with the deadly mushrooms. THey were apologetic and made sure that there were no mushrooms again on my plate or that of my partner. The fresh sqeezed orange juice was by far the best I had ever tasted. You won't wlak away from their breakfast table hungry.

Unique Quality: The Lotamore has 4 acres of gardens and trees which can be explored. It makes for a great walk, either before or after breakfast. It also makes for a delightful moonlit stroll with your romantic partner.

The drawing room fireplace, circa 1791, was absolutely fascinating, as well.

Directions: Located 15 minutes drive from Cork Airport and Ringaskiddy Ferryport,

Cork Travel Forum

Need advice about Cork, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Cork and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cork hotel reviews