Ballylickey, Bantry, County Cork, Ireland
Expedia.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

More about Cork

across the ship at the portacross the ship at the port

Victory jumpVictory jump

A Half pint of Corks Black Stuff!A Half pint of Corks Black Stuff!

One of the 8 Bells of ShandonOne of the 8 Bells of Shandon

Fligth connections Frankfurt (Germany) to Cork

by chicabonita

Hey there,

it seams that there are no direct flights from Frankfurt to Cork.

Are there any other airports which are not to far away from Cork and which have direct connections to and from Frankfurt?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

by sourbugger

ryanair do Frankfurt (hahn) to Kerry, and kerry is probably closer to Cork than Hahn is to Frankfurt - it that helps.

Failing that, get a dirt cheap flight to Dublin / stansted and than book another (leaving at least 3 hours gap) to cork. This can woulk out very cheap.

OR book a flight to dublin and take the train to Cork.

by chicabonita

Thanks for your help ... will check the new options

by louiseanyon

I believe that Birmingham International receives and sends flights to and from Frankfurt. I know it flys to Cork as that is where I am flying from :-)
Hope this has helped
louise

Travel Tips for Cork

As well as taking a stroll...

by DAISYCHAIN

As well as taking a stroll down the main strip of the city, such as St Patricks street, investigate all of the side alleys ways which are full of funky craft and antiques shops, as well as 60 and 70 stores which sell second hand flares and hippy bags.There is something for everyone who enjoys shopping. Cork is full of friendly pubs and bars where there is no inconvienent time for a quick pint of guiness.
A bargain can be picked up in many of the larger stores such as Penny's who are an equivalent to Marks and Spencers. They offer something for everyone regardless of age or gender.

The Real Capital

by Ekaterinburg

In Ireland there is a longstanding rivalry between Cork and Dublin. Cork people are notoriously arrogant about their city describing it as THE REAL CAPITAL. So if you want to make yourself really popular in Cork, speak at length about how much nicer, friendlier, more advanced etc., etc., it is than Dublin. Then if you are hellbent on honorary citizenship, learn to sing DE BANKS while consuming several pints of Murphys.

THE CAPITAL SONG.

They do things differntly
quite differently up there
.........somewhere between the autumn and the summer
I lost my way for the first time in my homeland, trying to get back here,
you know it wouldn't happen here,
...............you can always take your time,
avoid the queuesand catch
THE LAST BUS HOME BACK
HERE,
You know we''ll always be down here
my friend,
time to come back home.

Written and performed by FRED, this song sums up beautifully the average Cork person's feelings about going to Dublin.

Cork Masters Lee Swim

by Dabs

I really wanted to visit Ireland so I persuaded the hubby to sign up for the Vibes & Scribes Lee Swim on July 18th, a 2000m mostly downstream swim in the River Lee that runs right through the center of Cork. The hubby, and 299 other souls, braved the frigid water temperature, estimated at 55F, to participate in this event which benefited the Cork Lions Club.

After he was finished he said that it was one of the best organized events of this type that he had ever done and the organizers and participants extremely helpful and nice, one even mailed him a copy of the next day's newspaper with the results as we were already gone by then.

They did have a bit of a problem with the timing chips but they also recorded times by hand as backup, it just took a lot longer to get the results. But we were glad we waited, the hubby ended up placing 1st in his age category (as he calls it the old fat man category) and got a spiffy medal to show off his athletic prowess.

I think he's a little worried now that Norway is the only western European country we have left to visit, imagine how cold the waters are there! Swimsuit, goggles, towel, wetsuit (optional)

Garryvoe Beach

by evaanna

Garryvoe Beach is situated south east of Cork near the town of Youghal. This area is sometimes called the Irish Riviera, but I think that fortunately there are fewer hotels and it's less touristy than the other Rivieras I have seen pictures of. On the other hand, the weather was not too good when we went there so it might look different on a sunny summer day. There were a few people walking on the beach though and the caravan park nearby was quite full. The place seems to be a good one for birdwatching - there was a list with illustrations of all kinds of seagulls and other birds that can be encountered there. In the distance you can see the Ballycotton Lighthouse.
It was the place we went to soon after my arrival from Warsaw and I really enjoyed the open spaces and the sea after the noise, crowds and congestion of my hometown.

find a pub and go drink some...

by RBRCHKN

find a pub and go drink some Guiness...its good for ya!
we sat in a pub to watch American football, whereupon an old Irish gentleman asked to sit with us and be taught what was going on. as the night went on we shared stories and Guiness. Eventually he demanded that we let him take us out on the town, and so we did. He led us across town to a small club with music and we danced the night away. The Irish are great people!

Comments