Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Maryborough Hill, Douglas, (formerly Maryborough House Hotel), Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Maryborough Hotel & Spa

fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member oneill-7

I recently visited the Maryborough hotel, and I have to say it was outstanding. The whole experience totally exceeded my expectation. My only disappointment was that my stay was too short. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. We ate one night in Zings –the food was just amazing. It was a wonderful experience and only 5 minute from the city centre. I can’t wait to return to try out the spa.

No longer four stars...

by TripAdvisor Member inishfalle

We have been staying at this hotel for the last 3 years usually twice a year with the same a joining rooms for the kids. Sadly the hotel has gone way downhill and no longer deserves 4 stars. The food was terrible the worst I have ever had. The staff mostly eastern european now can barely communicate in english. They no longer serve food and coffee to non residents at the weekend so meeting friends and family is no longer an option. The meal we had in Zings restuarant was over cooked, bland and slow in service. They even managed to burn my daughters chicken nuggets! Sadly having grown up in the area and being delighted to return to this hotel year after year we shall now move on to the many other excellent hotels in cork.

Very Nice property

by TripAdvisor Member mpjc121

We stayed at this hotel following a wedding reception held there and must say that the hotel has a lot going for it but the one thing they badly need is air conditioning in the rooms. It was in the height of summer when we stayed there and even with the windows open at night it was so uncomfortable. It is an older property so that may be the root cause but the owners should invest some money in this. Apart from this one thing our stay there was wonderful.The rooms are nice and well appointed, breakfast the following morning was delicious and inexpensive and the choice of food was good. The grounds are beautiful and the gardens are so nice to stroll in during the evenings (the hotel is actually an old estate house that was converted to a hotel so it's almost like being in the middle of a park). We did find that most of the staff were non-Irish but they all spoke English really well so that was not a problem. Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for something away from the hustle and bustle of the city center.

Wow!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Walsh1

I can only describe my stay at the Maryborough as a truely fantastic experience. Once we arrived I was overwhelmed by the complete package. A beautiful hotel, situated in a fantastic area (you would never think you are only 10 minutes from the city centre) and the service we received was excellent. I can honestly say that it was a wonderful expereince and I will definitely be returning.

Fab Weekend Away

by TripAdvisor Member kiaraCork

The staff were extremely friendly and effiecient at the Maryborough - it was out of this world for service. Also the decor of the hotel is just devine and great. We ate in the restaurant both nights as the food was fabulous. It's the type of place that you just do not want to leave once you check in, so needless to say, we did not see too much of Cork. I would definitely recommend having treatments done in the spa also.

Comments