Rochestown Road, Douglas, Cork, County Cork, Ireland

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Rochestown Park Hotel

Outstanding

by TripAdvisor Member nomates

I recently stayed at the Rochestown Park Hotel and I thought I should let everone know about the excellent service I received while there. I stayed for just one night, but i will defenitly go back again. Checked in late, and decided to unwind in the bar. The bar staff were very friendly and skilled, especially the barman from Tipp who looked after me in the residents bar. In the morning, I received my breakfast on time and later checked out. While I was waiting for my taxi, I noticed the bird house in the garden. What an excellent idea. A short and sweet stay, but I'll be back. The Leisure Centre looks great.

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member Gemstar7

I stayed in the Rochestown Park for my best friends wedding on the 16th of June 2006. I really wasnt concerened about how the hotel would live up to its 4 star rating as I am already from Cork and have attended many weddings but this being the first time I've actually stayed. As I was bridesmaid my boyfriend very kindly checked in for us. He was asked numerous questions before receivning the key. The first time I saw the room was well into the evening (due to my bridesmaids duties) and I have to admit I was so disappointed with what I was greeted with. I felt it was very dated, shabby & slighlty dirty- nothing like the 4* hotel I was expecting but more like a seedy B&B. Time permitting I would've packed our stuff there and then to be moved to another room but unfortuneatly that wasn't the case & we had to stay. On more positive note I couldn't possibly fault the staff or the food as this was second to none, however having to get out of bed in the mornings to receive breakfast is a pet hate of mine & would've paid whatever for it to be delivered to our room but the service only allows tea & toast so I cant comment on a full Irish!!! I recently emailed my complaint of my stay to the hotel and received no feedback from them which was most disappointing. I hope my stay isn't the rule of thumb for the Rochestown Park Hotel as I'm sure I'll have plenty more weddings there in the future!

Fanatastic Hotel !!!

by TripAdvisor Member sibeal

My daughter and I spent one night in this hotel while on a shopping trip to cork.The staff were excellent and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.We really enjoyed the leisure complex especially the pool. The restaurant had a very relaxed and homely atmosphere, the service was pleasant and efficient, the food was delicious and lived up to all the awards we saw displayed on our way in. We will definitely return.

Would love to go back!!

by TripAdvisor Member garydon

I stayed here with 5 of my friends for one of the girls 21st birthday.
The first night we had dinner in the hotel (we were told to pre-book as the place was expected to be jammers... it wasn't!) The dinner was amazing, over Eur200 but there was 6 of us, we all had a 3 course meal and also a few bottles of wine. The bar was lively and the staff really friendly. The next day the staff booked taxis and what-not for us. The birdcage outside was lovely!! That night after a day shopping and before heading out into the town, spent a few hours in the pool... all the hotel guests there were lovely and chatty :) Its a pity we didnt get to stay longer, would love to go back!!!

I know where I'm staying next time I'm in Cork...

I stayed in the hotel over Christmas and quite frankly I loved it!

I found everyone from the girls at reception to the managers to the cleaners to be very perfessional and good humoured.

The rooms were spotless and very comfortable,The bar was very nice and has a few big screens for watching matches, the food was great (I especially liked the lasngne I had for lunch), the gym was the best I've seen in any hotel I've stayed in by a long way, The pool was great for relaxing.

As you can read I was very impressed with my stay and I would reccommend to anyone to stay there if they can.

great rooms and great location

My wife and I had a weekend break there in Jan and it was excellent. Its located only walking distance from Douglas which is Corks nicest suburb by a long way. Lots of good pubs and restuarants in Douglas (especially Barrys - which is a 5 min walk). The restuarant in the hotel is very good, its quiet but ideal for us as we wanted a quiet w/e. Food was top notch and staff very friendly. There is also a nice buzz in the bar and again the staff are excellent. The leisure centre is very well equiped, pool gym suana etc but the real bonus is the thalasso therapy centre. I had a massage which was good value and my wife had seaweed baths, facials and other treatments that I cant even spell but she raved about.
Overall there is very good value for w/e breaks as I think the majority of their business is corporate week day business, so good deals can be done on w/ends. Setting is ideal as it is parkland but minutes from Douglas, Mahonpoint shopping centre and the city centre. Taxis into city centre are about €8, i think. I have stayed in a few other hotels in Cork through business but don't think there is any better than this

3 nights of relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member traid

Arrived from the Airport late in the evening to be welcomed by very friendly and helpful staff who were so efficient considering my 3 hour flight delay. Room service was available and delivered promptly to my room.
My room was of an excellent standard, spotless and spacious. The Bar staff were friendly and would take the time to enjoy a bit of banter which is welcomed after a long days work.
Although the Gym was a bit much for me I took the time to enjoy the Sauna and Pool.
Definitely booking it again on my next journey to Cork!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Smudge0402

Surpasses it's four star rating. We stayed here in early February. The facillities are second to none a lovely bar, swimming pool and gym. Service was excellent and the rooms were very comfortable. The bar food in the hotel was really good and great value. The only gripe I can mention is the restaurant food in the hotel doesn't live up to expectation tries too hard to be fancy and doesn't do it well. Absolutely everything else of a really good standard better than expected and the breakfast buffet was great, worth getting up for in the morning! The staff are really lovely. A really great hotel.

Noisy

I was looking forward to my stay here as I had heard a lot of people recommend it. I stayed on a Wednesday night for business. All I wanted (and asked for) was a quiet room where I could work and get a good nights sleep. My room was on the 3rd floor. The rooms are very poorly lit so they are not ideal for working. I had noticed a function going on just down the corridor and when I asked if it was due to go on late I was told it would be over at 9:30pm. I don't know if my request for a quiet room was missed or ignored. The room was a bit rough around the edges but kept clean. The heat was off at around 8pm and did not come on again in the morning. The noise from the function continued until 10:30pm with people hanging around in the corridor outside, and the clattering of dishes from the clean up continued until nearly midnight. Next morning I awoke at around 7am to the sound of clattering dishes again and the smell of food. The hotel seemed a very busy place with lots of activity due to functions and conferences and it had lots of facilities. Unfortunately perhaps this makes it difficult to provide a peaceful stay, even if you specify your preference for this. I was going to mention my disappointment on check out but when I wasn't even asked how my stay was I decided they were not that interested. It does appear to be an impressive place with all the facilities and activities taking place, but it's not a place to stay for a person who is just looking for a room to do some work in and then get a good nights sleep.

Excellent Service, best I've had

Room 4/5
Food 4/5
Facilities 5/5
Service 6/5

Stayed overnight with partner and 10 month old son. Staff were excellent! We checked in, and the booking system didn't register the baby, within 2 minutes of reaching our room, a cot was delivered, assembled and had the sheets put on.

Had a carvery lunch, staff excellent, food almost perfect but could have been fresher, but hey it's a carvery!

Room service for dinner, excellent, fresh, delivered almost instantly!

Breakfast, absolutely excellent, very fresh, again excellent service.

Swimming with baby in the morning, took towels from the room. Needn't have bothered, towels, lockers, even baby swimming pants were free! Included in room rate!

If the room was slightly better, I could say this could make a five star hotel, as whilst none of the staff (apart from receptionist) were locals, they sure as heck knew what service was about, and good luck to them.

Strongly recommended!