Kanturk Hotels

• DucatiGirl profile photo DucatiGirl
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Assolas: Wonderful Bed and Breakfast

When we turned off the road onto the driveway to Assolas, I knew that this would be exactly as nice as the pictures! A country home steeped in history, and filled with antiques that instantly identified this B&B as a great find! I cannot believe how lucky I was to come across pictures and the description of Assolas and actually have it be everything I thought it would be. Assolas is a 5 star B&B in my book! Swan, groomed estate, historical battleground was just a walk down the way through beautiful green Ireland hills. Everything I you can imagine. Gourmet food, dreamy room, jacuzzi, friendly chat, knowledgable guides, did I say Gourmet food?
I can't think of ANY reason to not spend the money to stay at Assolas. The price was up there, but sooooo worth every penny.

Estate was grand. Actually the stables if I recall correctly were said to be built by the knights templer prior to the Battle of Knockanauss. Swan swimming in the creek, just absolutely beautifull in every way it should be with out being fake. Go there. That's all I can say.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average