The Blue Horizon Bed & Breakfast

Garrettstown, Kinsale, Ireland
The Blue Horizon Bed & Breakfast
Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com Booking.com

More about Kinsale

Outsde the tourist officeOutsde the tourist office

Kinsale tickets at the Cork bus stationKinsale tickets at the Cork bus station

sachara, DAO, Gillybobsachara, DAO, Gillybob

Spinnalers in KinsaleSpinnalers in Kinsale

Heather Mountain, Mountain St. Kinsale,Co. Cork

by margaretdunnigan

I recently was in Cork and bought a sweater from Heather and the theft tag was left on. Please could she e-mail me and tell me how to remove it. It would be very costly to mail it back from Canada. If you do lnot agree to this, would you please send me her e-mail address. Thank you

by leics

You will be very lucky if Heather reads VT questions!

I can't find an email address for the shop but if you contact the local Tourist Information Office on

info@eastcorktourism.com

and explain your problem, I am sure they will be able to help you.

by orlikins

Or how about looking her up in the Irish phone book online (goldenpages.ie) /directory enquiries seeing as you have the name and address to hand and they can tell you over the phone.
Like Leics, I'm pretty sure they're not going to see this query on this site, it is bit too random.

by donalh

Hey,
I live in Kinsale and will drop in tomorrow to find out. I do suspect though that there is a special tool to remove the device. Obviously though the tag doesn't work very well - I must spread this information through the criminal population of Kinsale.

BTW there is no-one called Heather - it is a chain of shops originating I think in Glengariffe.

Donal

Travel Tips for Kinsale

Harbour Town

by DEBBBEDB

After we visited Charles Fort, we parked in town, walked all through the town and a local park, and ate lunch. While we were looking at the harbor during lunch we saw the head of an animal pop up. At first I thought it was an otter, but we realized eventually that it was a seal!
After lunch we drove across the harbor to James Fort. After we visited that, we spent the rest of the afternoon watching our son play in the sand at the beach.

Smirting & The Smoking Ban

by orlikins

Smirting is a combination of the words smoking + flirting, geddit? It started when people had to go out for a ciggie after the ban was enforced, and got chatting to fellow smokers outside on the street, eyes meeting across a cloud of blue nicotine... ;) So you may just meet a local hottie in this way!!

REMEMBER - Since March 2004, you CANNOT smoke inside bars, cafes or restaurants, or anywhere where people are working (e.g. taxis, offices etc.)
The legislation is officially known as the Public Health (Tobacco) Act, see link to it below for a summary.

You may smoke in outside in the street or in designated smoking areas, but never inside a place where people are working (includes offices, bars, restaurants, shops, shopping centres, taxis, etc)

Raincoats, Umbrellas, & a Friendly Smile!

by clws

I usually pack a nice duffle bag inside of my suticase for souveniers. You might think about a nice canvas tote that folds flat too, if you like to shop. Some of the groceries charge for bags. Comfy shoes for walking around in will make your trip much nicer as well as a nice rain jacket and an umbrella! I love wearing sweaters on the cooler days or over another shirt incase the day warms up, you can just take off the sweater. I have found that dressing in layers is a good thing in Ireland. Kinsale has some wonderful gourmet restaurants and sometimes it is just nice to get to dress nice for the occasion. So bring a couple of nice outfits for dining out in. Lip balm will be your best friend for those cool breezy days as well as a moisterizer for your hands and face. If your hair tends to frizz easily, I suggest you bring a hair product for that with you as well. Definately bring your camera! If it requires film, bring that as well, it can be pricey in the shops. Bring extra batteries as well. If it is digital, be sure to bring a nice sized memory card because you will be taking many wonderful pictures!

Scilly

by SabrinaSummerville

This is perhaps the most scenic part of the town itself, built as it is on a range of hills with the narrowest streets you'll ever try to navigate. My advice is to leave the car down at the carparking area at the lower end entrance road to Scilly (by the bay wall) and put on stout walking shoes, then brave the hills together with your camera. You will not be disappointed.

Scilly is also the area where many of the famous older restaurants are situated such as Mn Friday, The Spaniard, and The Spinnaker. Many of these places have rooms looking down over the stunningly pretty harbour.

There are many B & B's in this area also.

To get to Scilly, take a sharp left turn on entering the town from the Cork side. There is a large car parking area here on the right facing the harbour. Drive on through this and all of the area uphill from here is Scilly.

Garrettstown

by SabrinaSummerville

Coming from the Cork side of Kinsale, drive through the town and out the other side, then you are heading towards Garrettstown beach which you will come across on your left hand side after a few miles.

I thought I was lucky living as close as I am to the three mile beach at Tramore, but my first visit to Garrettstown suggests that it is even longer than Tramore beach. It seems to go on for miles - a perfect golden sandy beach with waters lapping the shore. I found the beach to be sandy but the area close to the water was very pebbly and makes paddling something best done when wearing sand shoes.

I watched many surfers, though there wasn't much surf that day and I cannot say whether or not there regularly is.

It is a clean beach and the waters are clean. There is little or nothing in the way of shops in the vicinity - there was one van selling candy floss close to the public toilets. There are no hurdy gurdys or any of the other things you might expect to find in the area of such a great beach.

I saw signposts for one hotel nearby but that was it as far as commercialism is concerned (oh yes, there is at least one B & B).

For a day out at a perfect and almost deserted beach, you must come here.

Comments