27 North Main Street, Youghal, Ireland
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Youghal

Youghl HarborYoughl Harbor

Palm trees in Ireland...who knew?Palm trees in Ireland...who knew?

Roseville- I love this Hall!Roseville- I love this Hall!

Roseville - Sitting RoomRoseville - Sitting Room

Hen Night??

by mollyconnors

I am organising a hen night and thinking about youghal in July ? what is the walter raleigh hotel like and what are the pubs and clubs like in july ???

Re: Hen Night??

by zone_de_guerre

It has an excellent nightlife, the Earl of Devonshire is a quiet place to stay but it's only five minutes walk from all the action. There are two nightclubs and a couple of late bars the best being the Quays nightclub and the Gate pub !

Travel Tips for Youghal

Molana Abbey

by Laneyh

Near Youghal, but in County Waterford, the Abbey is on the site of an island monastery, dating from the 6th century. The windows, of a especially fine, lancet construction, are a delight. It is said to be the last resting place of Raymond Le Gros who died in 1186.

The abbey is situated in the grounds of Ballynatray House which is partially open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9.30 to 4.30 between Easter and the 1st October.

Go to Blarney Castle!

by bobmax

You can drive to Blarney, near Cork City. There, you can kiss the Blarney Stone if you so desire and view a beautiful river there near the castle. Go to the Blarney Woolen Mills nearby for shopping for sweaters, pottery, china and the like. Very nice!!

From Textile Center to Resort Haven

by WhispersWest

"Youghal - where folk have frolicked for Centuries"

Youghal is a fabulous town on the coast of East Cork. It is a walled seaport and claims a 5km long blue flag beach, which is fabulous! Even though we were there in July, the gardens throughout the town were still stunning. It seemed as if everywhere I looked there were flowers bursting into bloom!

THere is so much to see and do in Youghal. I know that we only grazed teh surface as we only had a day and a half in the area. It is now on my list of places that I want to spend a week in exploring. I look at my list and realize that I will need two things, a lottery win and a year in Ireland to allow for all of the "must spend a week in" places.

Youghal has so much to offer that it is not surprising that it has been the destination of choice for those looking for a respite for centuries. Whilst thoroughly modern, it still retains the old world charm in its narrow streets, side alleys, ruins and monuments, and historic buildings. It was designated as a Heritage Port because of its well preserved sites. Tynte Castle was a treasure to see. St Mary's Cathedral drew me into her churchyard like a moth to a flame.

The people of Youghal are so very friendly. They were eager to engage in conversation and to be helpful in sending us off to see something "not on the map", which usually was a better experience than we what we had planned.

I can understand we this pleasant seaside town has been a favorite for so many years and through so many trying times. It certainly has become a favorite of mine!

Youghal

by eochaill

What can I say? It's home and I like it. Small town steeped in history with some wonderfull landscape all around. Exceptional safe beach which is ideal for family holidays, bathing, or one can walk for miles along the sands with the sea for company.

"The Blackwater"

The Blackwater river enters the sea at Youghal after a long journey through Munster. It is a waterway that looks great from a boat or from the bank.

Youghal, County Cork, Ireland

by bobmax

"Youghal"

Youghal is a fine town in Co. Cork. It is located on the sea with very fine beaches. It is an historic town with several buildings to visit and study. I have been there many times and it is an enjoyable place to visit.

Comments