County Donegal Hotels

Our Members Say

• sue_stone profile photo sue_stone
  • Reviews: 2318

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mount Royd Country Home: The best B&B in Ireland!!??????

On our first night in Ireland we stayed in the village of Carrigans. It is just over the border from Londonderry, and is a prettier alternative than staying in town.

We stayed at Mount Royd Country Home, which is an award winning B&B. And it certainly lived up to its reputation.

From the outside the building is most impressive, and continues to impress inside.

It is decorated from top to bottom with collectables, antiques and all things quaint.

A teddy bear greets you on your bed, and the rooms are stocked with more toiletries than I have ever owned.

The owner is so friendly and helpful, offering tea and cakes on arrival and ensuring you are well looked after.

Breakfast was a feast, and if you can't eat all your toast you can feed it to the pet sheep out the back!!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written July 4, 2004

Mount Royd

• Krumel profile photo Krumel
  • Reviews: 385

Port Hostel, Letterkenny

I was not really impressed with the Port Hostel in Letterkenny. It seems to be in need of some repair and re-decoration, the bathtub was rather tarnished, there was no shower curtain and while we had a balcony off our room the lock for the balcony door was broken and we could not get out onto it.

The advantage was that it was in a very central yet quiet location, and the staff was very friendly.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 1, 2003

• Deefstes profile photo Deefstes
  • Reviews: 188

The Port Hostel - Letterkenny: The Port Hostel - Letterkenny

I have had the most pleasant experience with the Port Hostel in Letterkenny and would gladly recommend it to anyone staying over in Letterkenny. Their hospitality was second to none and the facilities are great.

My friend from London forgot his mobile phone in the hostel and the lady there mailed it to him in London on her own costs.

• Written February 26, 2003

Public room in the Port Hostel

• kathycollins profile photo kathycollins
  • Reviews: 601

McConnalough's bungalow: Self-catering in Donegal

We had this bungalow for a week as a base to tour Donegal. It was a great way to spend some time, and cheaper than staying in hostels! Shopping for groceries in town gave us yet another opportunity to intereact with the local people and see life as they see it. All in all, I highly recommend self-catering, and this was a great town to stay to see County Donegal

lovely views of the sunset, great place to take a walk! Fully equiped home away from home.

• Written September 16, 2002

view from "our" sitting room

• orlikins profile photo orlikins
  • Reviews: 1189
Homefields: Hostel

we stayed in Homefields Hostel in Bundoran. My main memories of it are walking out of the hostel into a large group of French schoolkids, looking hopelessly grown-up and smoking their heads off, me wandering into the private kitchen to get some coffee and the family just siting there looking at me as if I had 2 heads or sthg! How was I supposed to know :)

tennis court.