From the moment we saw the door open and our hostess welcoming us into the house, we knew we would love this place. Mrs. Maureen McCleary's hospitality was superb. After she showed us into our nice and cozy room, she offered tea and coffee in the lounge. We accepted, and when we entered the lounge we found a tray with not only tea and coffee but also raisin-bread and some chocolate. The lounge was tastefully furnished and decorated, the [electrical] fireplace was on, and interesting books and albums about Donegal lay on the table, for us to read. Mrs. McCleary came in and helped us choose where to go for dinner and for entertainment.
We had a choice of several kinds of cooked breakfast, and we chose the salmon-omelette, first time we tasted this, and it was yummy. Before we left, Mrs. McCleary made sure we were on the right track for our next destination, and saw us to the door with a hearty good-bye.
- Spotlessly clean, furnished in good taste, homely atmosphere
- Good location, nice view of the town
- Excellent hospitality by the proprietor, Mrs. McCleary
- Beautiful guests' lounge with fireplace, comfortable sofa and armchairs, books with local flavor
- Original and tasty breakfast
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful