Ballyraine, Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Mount Errigal Hotel

wonderful holiday

by TripAdvisor Member isabelleh

I have just arrived home after staying in Mount Errigal Hotel for 1 week, I went with a tour company and this is my second visit to the hotel. I want to thank the staff for a wonderful holiday, nothing was too much trouble and they were always helpful. The food was great and plenty of it, the Irish hospitality is excellent. I enjoyed relaxing by the pool, also the sauna, jacuzzi, sunbed and you could book yourself in for a manicure or a massage. I would definately recommend it to anyone, young or old.

Don't waste your Money

I have just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel. From the outside it looked lovely but as i entered reception I could see the standard of the hotel was pretty low. The bedrooms were average. The hotel Bar "Cafe Renaissiance" had absolutely no atmosphere and was totally under-staffed. I visit Letterkenny two or three times per year but will NEVER be staying at this hotel again.

TM. Belfast

Disappointed overal

by TripAdvisor Member shanemc

Having stayed at the Mount Errigal before my wife and I were looking forward to a nice weekend in Letterkenny which is a lively town. The 1st thing for travellers to be aware of is that there is a distinctly different quality of room in this hotel and if there is a wedding it gets booked out quickly and there is a strong likelihood you may find yourself in a below room. this happened us for our 1st nights stay when we arrived in the evening time and were banished to the lower quarters! Small room, with a dirty feel about it. the toilet had brown stains on the bowl from lack of flushing or cleaning. I rang to speak to a manager and was promised a return call by the receptionist but didn't get one. The bed was a small double bed, quite small by hotel standards today. The 2nd night we were moved to a larger bedroom with a larger normal sized double bed in the newer wing of the hotel. It was fine.
We attended a wedding function on the 2nd night and the food was very good and service was good also. Food the 1st night in the bar was average. The chicken fillet burger I ordered was heated in the microwave and had that rubbery texture, I'm sure it would have been nice if it was fresh though.
The leisure centre is decent enough and is suitable for passing an hour or so in. Overall if you are not very fussy or particular this hotel is ok for a base or for staying if attending a wedding but I'd look elsewhere if you are on a break away. Bottom line for me is that it needs an overhaul and facelift.

Fantastic Experience

by TripAdvisor Member ann89

I had a fantastic time in this hotel - the staff were wonderful - food was better (no microwave chicken in sight) and the leisure centre was fantastic - I came home relaxed and rejuvinated - would stongly recommend it for a weekend break.

by TripAdvisor Member mmg1005

This is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in i have come here a few times over the past few years management are always changing and i have yet to meet the same receptionist twice.. new rooms are nice ask to stay in these if possible as old one are rough ..

Fabulous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lky2

Just returned from a lovely weekend break in the mt errigal letterkenny. the hotel was very busy both nights friday and saturday, but the staff were still friendly and helpful, we ate in their strawberry garden resturant both nights. I found the menu very extensive and the staff very helpful. the food was just Fabulous both nights, presented well and piping hot. on the saturday night there was a pianists playing in the centre of the dining room. truly fabulous experience. highly reccomend this hotel.Will definitly be back.

Worst Hotel Ever

by TripAdvisor Member conin

This is probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in, staff were rude and unfriendly (the Irish staff). The room was on top of a refridgerated unit which made you feel like you were on a ship with the humming. Tried to telephone receiption at 3am to complain, no answer, walked down - no one to be found. Hotel is grubby and in need of some minor repairs to walls, doors, rooms - looks like it has not been touched since it was built. Overpriced at 120 euro per person per night. emails to the owners and managers have gone unanswered. There are plenty of other hotels in the near vacinity that are far better at better rates.

Nice meal,shame about lack of pride in tidyness

by TripAdvisor Member redlionbhoy

I had read more bad than good reviews here before my wife and I stayed but still headed with an open mind.First impressions last they say and in this case glasses & bottles amongst the shrubs on our way in from the car didnt help.On reaching our room {#325...dont accept it!} we had a view only of a roof with grass in the gutter,but on walking up to the window itself it revealed a view of a flat roof covered in moss,litter and a beer barrell!.
For their own sakes a half an hour would do a great job and they could easily access it as there was a few steps leading down to it.
We hadnt a problem with breakfast being self service,but each morning we'd to ask for our tea and toast
To Mount Errigals credit our evening meal was delicious and the phone at reception direct to taxis offset its location...mind you we still had the expense of being "driven to drink" .In hindsight we got a cheap price online,but you get what you......

near town

by TripAdvisor Member bomaolciarain

This is a pleasant hotel and the staff were great. The rooms were spacious but the hotel is full of long corridors/extensions. There is a gym. with a smallish heated pool-great in the cold of Donegal!
Food was OK but mainly of the pub grub variety.

Comments