Clontarf Hotels

• MaggieDK profile photo MaggieDK
  • Reviews: 4

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Annagh House: B&B at Dublin Bay

My travelcompanion and I desided for this specific B&B thinking it would be nice to retire to a calm place after enduring the hectic Dublin the intire day and we soon discovered that Clontarf is indeed a cosy and enjoyable area. With the B&B located on Clontarf Road, along side many other B&B and cute townhouses, a bus (130) driving by every 10 minutes and the bay right in front of us, this was an absolutely fantastic place to stay. We didnt regret it for a second!
Breastfast was served when ever we wanted it and Irish Breakfast was on the menu if wanted, but Delia does an excellect scramble eggs, so we settled for this and toast :)
The room was nice, 2 seperate beds, a big closet, a little tv, tea facilities and a neat bathroom with a shower. Everything was newly painted and clean. After my travel companion went back to Denmark I desided to stay here a week more and must admit that at the end of this week Delia & John seemed more like an uncle and aunt. Both are very interested in Irish history and are always up for a story, whatever det concerns egyptian history, the catholic church, race horses, IRA, travels and our favorite topic.. Vikings invading Dublin. For which I will return in 2014 where an reanactment will take place, excactly here at Clontarf Road.

I would not only recommend this B&B to my friends.. I intend comming back every time I visit Ireland :)

The view of the Bay is outstanding. A path runs alongside the shore and here joggers, dogwalkers and lovers waling hand in hand enjoy the lovely view and sunset over the bay.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written April 12, 2010

• AR76 profile photo AR76
  • Reviews: 208

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Annagh House: A comfy bed & a hearty breakfast

Located at the main coastal road (as are many other B&B's in the area) with two busstops at a stone's throw.

This lovely B&B is run by John and Delia Devlin. They immediately make you feel at home. All rooms are en-suite. Book in advance; B&B's are very popular and tend to get booked up quickly.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written February 8, 2003
Tip Photo

Annagh House (taken from www.clontarfonline.com)

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful