Adams Trinity Lodge

Travelocity TheHotels.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Adams Trinity Lodge

Well our money's worth!

In June 2006 we stayed one week at Adams Trinity Hotel, Dame St. Dublin. This was our first visit to Dublin and Ireland, so the criteria for selecting a hotel from the Internet was a bit random. I was also a bit suspicious after a not so good experience on my last visit to London.

However, we turned out to have made the right pick. The hotel location was optimal to us: only a few minutes walk to many of Dublin's major sights (e.g Dublin Castle, Temple Bar area, Trinity College). Also only a few minutes to the Tourist Information Center and the bus stops from and to the Dublin Airport.

Our room was comfortable, spacious and tidy and everything in the bathroom worked well. If you are a light sleeper (which I am not) or do not yourself take actively part in the nightlife, then the noise from the street may cause some difficulties to sleep , if your room is on the Dame St side of the house.

The breakfast had many options, also vegetarian, and was hearty. A slight minus to the not very helpful attitude on one of the waitresses. It did not however spoil our trip, the other waitresses were friendly and helpful, served the food quickly and collected the used dishes promptly from our table.

We had a very pleasant stay, will definitely use this hotel in our next visit and recommend it also to our friends.

Good allround hotel

My husband and I stayed at the hotel 28th-30th October. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The room (111) was a very good standard and very clean. It had all the extras that you expect in the bathroom. Breakfast was good, and the location was about 10 minutes from the sights. Did not eat dinner in the restaurant because there is so much choice to eat out.
All round we would use this hotel again

Great location, great atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member BENSONYork_England

Visited Dublin late February 2006 and booked 4 rooms for our party of 4 adults and 4 teenagers at the hotel. Stayed Wednesday to Saturday and paid 120 euros per room inc breakfast which was I believe a good price for a city centre hotel.

The hotel was booked a little 'blind' on the internet and hence on arrival was a little apprehensive as to what we would find. As per a previous report the entrance is hard to find as it is in the small back street what seems to be the rear of the premises. No problems however as we were all very pleased with the warm reception and the quality of the rooms. The overall feel of the place is, yes a little Victorian and slightly dark but with warmth. The rooms were all well equipped again in warm red and crimson colours. Below the rooms on the 'front' of the hotel on Dame Street are three bars the main being the Mercantile Bar which is an amazing area, again in warm red colours but with galleried levels where you can dine, and where breakfast is taken.

The main features I would sum up as follows:-
Great central location. Great warmth from all staff. If you need a good nights sleep don't come here. With the bars below and the heavy traffic on Dame Street, if your room overlooks it, civilisation and socialising carry on into the early hours (even during our midweek stay!) If you are used to those clinical 'chain' hotels then this may not appeal to you. It has the odd rough edge such as carpets on the stairs a little grubby and the odd mucky bit around the bath, but I feel the hotels warmth and character more than make up for this. All the people in our group incuding the teenagers loved their stay and we would definitely visit again.

Lot to be desired

by TripAdvisor Member leushira

Entrance oddly located at the back of the building (found thanks to reading other TripAdvisor.com reviews). Looked welcoming though lighting could be much better.

Booked a twin room and located on 3rd floor (towards rear of the building). Okay size room, but so many things we picked up were lot to be desired:

1) bathroom door not closing properly
2) coffee cup/saucer don't appear cleaned up properly
3) no air vent in bathroom
4) bath tub and sink not clean enough - we had to buy Cif cream (with bleach) and cleaned them ourselves
5) carpet didn't look to be hoovered for a while
6) lack of light

The biggest problem was the noise. Being right at the heart of the Temple Bar area and there are several bars/pubs immediately below the hotel I strongly recommend you avoid staying here on Fridays/Saturdays as there are live entertainments and busy until early hours of the morning. My friend and I found it difficult to get any meaningful sleep before 3am. Otherwise it was OK.

Overall - OK but I would advise you to look elsewhere if you're particular about cleanliness, noise and decor.

love the Adams Trinty

by TripAdvisor Member Nimlet

I've stayed at this hotel at least 3 times over the past 2 years and enjoyed my stay every time. The rooms are comfortable, staff are great and the breakfasts are superb. It's not everyone's cup of tea though as the pub it is housed within is open till late and can be a bit noisy depending on the room you are in. I love it - great fun place, decent rooms and in a superb location - minutes from Grafton Street and Temple Bar.

Great Location but LOUD

Location is central to all Dublin attractions and dining. Hotel is two blocks away from tourist office and airport bus stop. Very friendly and helpful staff, good restaurant and low room rates. Full breakfast included in room rate. We had a room on the first floor facing the street and the noise from the street was extremely loud 24 hours a day making it near impossible to sleep even with ear plugs. If you stay here, make sure you ask for a room facing the alley!

Great choice of hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member PaddyandEdel

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend at the beginning of july 06. It would have been difficult to find only a friend had advised us of the exact location, its not overly visable at first glance from Dame st. as the only sign is up very high.
The hotel has no car park and recomends that you use a nearby multi-story to wich they offer a discount. even with the discount it still cost us 58 euro for our stay.
The main entrance is difficult to find on the back alley. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by a very friendly member of reception staff, who gave great advice about places to go etc.
The room was gorgeous with a fresh smell upon entry, it was realy nicely decorated and clean throughout including the bathroom.
We were thrilled with the central location of the hotel as it is so accessable to all the city has to offer, it could not be better!
It is situated in a very lively area and there was the constant hustle and bustle of city life both during the day and by night, so it may disturb a light sleeper. Personally we enjoyed the sights and sounds of the city and really felt part of it, from the situation of our room overlooking Dame st.
Breakfast is served upstairs in the bar and we personally felt it was poor. Buffet table with cereals and fruit (not fresh), full irish breakfast not of a good standard, it seemed as if the cheapest ingredients they could find were just trown together, but service was good from the friendly staff.

ugly, doom and gloom

by TripAdvisor Member olivera

if you enjoy overpaying for an ugly, gloomy room then this is your place. yes, the location is great...but that is the only good thing about this place. i am very happy that i only stayed one night.

New Year At The Adams

by TripAdvisor Member lady-janeYorkshire

From the moment we walked in I turned to my boyfriend and said WOW!

We could not have been any more welcome! The staff were fantastic and could not have been more helpful and friendly!

When we had reached our bedroom and opened the door i said what a great room, hotel and location for such a small price i could not belive our luck!

After we unpacked we decided to try out the local alcohol (Guiness and Baileys)! We went down to the bar with it's fabulous decor and great atmosphere we knew we were welcome. Then we went to explore, first to the great shops of Grafton Street then to the bright lights of Temple Bar! The most FANTASTIC place I have ever been in my life.

Before we left home our friend told us to try a pub 'Oliver St. Johns Grogerty' a fantastic traditional Irish club with gigs and music untill all hours!

When it was time for us to leave we reminised about the beautiful sights, fab nigtlife and great shopping and vowed that we would return!

Mirah's Ireland Page

by mirah

I've only spent a couple of days in Irland, and only in Dublin. I really enjoyed it, and will go back any possible weekend during this winter/spring.
We felt really at home at the Adams Trinity hotel on Dame Street where we had the terrific pub venue Mercantile bar as our living room. Recommended.

Old Danish friend, new Irish friend, and me…Old Danish friend, new Irish friend, and me…

Captain America's Cookhouse & BarCaptain America's Cookhouse & Bar

DART Station - Dun LaoghaireDART Station - Dun Laoghaire

Dublinia (left) attached to Christ Church (right)Dublinia (left) attached to Christ Church (right)

accomodation in Dublin

by onurturkmen

Hi all,
I will be staying in Dublin from 18 to 20 March, 2010 for the conference organized by Dublin City University. I am looking for a safe, clean but affordable 2 or 3 star-hotel which is near the city-center. I would really appreciate if you could recommend me any such hotels.

best wishes

o.t.

by johngayton

Try the Hotel St George on Parnell Square (just off the main O'Connell St). I stayed there last year and it was excellent value for money. At the moment www.booking.com has a 2-night special price on your dates of 128 Euros, incuding breakfast. That's as cheap as you'll get for a half-decent central Dublin hotel.

by leics

Try www.booking.com anyway.

It's a reliable site, with honest guest reviews.....and does not take any money from you unless you do not turn up (you just pay the hotel as normal).

by annemariebyrne

Dublin City University is on the northern outskirts of Dublin city so would you consider a hotel that is quite near the university but on a direct transport link to the city? The Regency Hotel Leisure Centre and Spa is quite near DCU and has some good offers at the moment www.regencyhotels.com
Also the Skylon Hotel, www.dublin-skylon-hotel.com is halfway between DCU and the city centre.
I just feel it would be useful to be nearer DCU for access in the mornings of the conference and then you can head into town on the bus/taxi in the evenings if you want to.

by suvanki

I'd suggest looking at Vters Hotel and Accommodation tips in Dublin plus Venere.com and Booking.com for ideas. I guess Dublin City University will offer options for you too.

by IrishFem

Hi, The Skylon hotel is very near DCU as Annemaire suggested. The hotel has recently been renovated and is close enough to DCU. Traffic can be really bad in the city so it's best to avoid. http://www.dublinskylonhotel.com

by EIRE1

I aree with Anne Marie. The Regency would possibly be your best bet. Short hop into town by bus from there and close to the airport too. If you would rather town then try the Jurys Inn (Christchurch and IFSC)

by leics

Neither booking.com nor venere.com take any money from the customer. Nor are there any cancellation charges (although one needs to check each hotel's policy individually) up to, usually, 24 hours before arrival.

One pays the hotel as usual. There is no commission charge, and rates on the sites are generally excellent.

But it does pay to check around, always, of course. I book somewhere though one of the agencies first, then if I find a better deal I can easily cancel.

Comments