3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 318% more than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Ariel House

Tender Loving Care!

My wife, Darlene, Darlene and I arrived at the Ariel House late in the evening of May 19, 2006, exhausted following a very busy day. We were met at the door by Jimmy Keogh who was the manager on duty that evening and our every care and comfort was attended to in great fashion. It was our first stay at Ariel House and it will not be our last. We heartily recommend the service, the exceptional breakfast choices of the Ariel House which were only exceeded by the exceptional warmth of the hospitality. My wife still refers to Jimmy as "The Angel". Sincerely, Tom and Darlene White, Edina, Minnesota U.S.A.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member umpire11

This is a great place to stay if you want to see Dublin and the surrounding area. My wife and I arrived in Dublin 22 January and stayed for six nights. The aircoach takes you from the airport to jury's in ballsridge for 7 euros each. It's a block and half walk to the Ariel House. Once you're at the Ariel House, it's a four minute walk to the rapid transit, the Dart. If you go in january, there are lots of sales and not many tourists. Most hotels, bed and breakfasts and inns are on streets where there is lots of traffic. The Ariel House is on a quiet street. You can catch the bus to the center of town from the Jury's. It's a nice area with lots of embassies. The rooms at the Ariel House are spacious with full bathrooms. There is a nice area set aside for breakfast. The tables have white linen and five selections to choose from for breakfast. The rate is reasonable for Dublin and the staff very helpful. On numerous occasions Deidre McDonald helped us with our plans. There are more expensive hotels nearby, Bewley's and the Four Seasons, if you want to go for a meal or Guiness. We used public transportation for seeing Dublin, Dalkey, and Kilkenny. The Ariel House is for us the place to stay in Dublin.

Friendly down home comfortable

My Mother and I stayed at the Ariel House on our first night in Dublin and before leaving to travel the countryside we arranged to stay there upon our return to Dublin 8 days later for our last 3 nights in Ireland.
Upon our arrival very early on a Friday morning a taxi driver suggested the Ariel House to us. It was a pleasant experience right from the jump, as we Americans say. Anyway, we had a lovely room and enjoyed the breakfast (being cooked by Arthur from Poland I believe). The cereals, yogurt, sunshine morning breakfast room, the service and kindness of the staff all made for an excellent stay.

Great stay

Great value, exrta nice and very hospitible staff.
Bed and Breakfast above and beyond. Not the biggest place, but cared for us very well. Breakfast was outstanding.
Close to DART and the buses, this place was great.
We will definitely stay again on our next trip.
Dublin is a safe and fun place to visit.
What a vacation.
This place will be our hub next holiday.
Thanks again, Ariel House.

Comfortable,clean and cosy

Stayed in Ariel house for one night. From the moment we arrived the staff were very nice and helpful with directions. The room was very big spacious and clean, with tea and coffee making facilities. The breakfast the following morning was fabulous, with fresh fruit , cereals , juices and a selection of hot food, fry's etc. I would definately recomend staying here again , it was in a perfect location for going to the RDS or Lansdowne road.

You need to be lucky with your room!

by TripAdvisor Member Tazz-NF

We had a very pleasant stay in Ariel House. Great atmosphere! Good breakfast.

BUT, you have to be lucky with your room.

On arrival we got a smal room downstairs in the corridor.
We sat down on the bed and then the whole bed started to move! The legs of the bed could break down every moment!

We reported this to the management and they gave us an other room immediatly.
This room was much better: more space, nice high windows, pretty decorations, and (not unimportant) a good bed!

I hope they'll fix the bed soon, because this is a good place to stay in Dublin!

Good Value and very Friendly

Just back from our second stay at Ariel House, we're both keen rugby fans and this hotel location is superb! Just beside the Rugby Ground and within walking distance of a few good pubs! Ariel House is more like a B&B than a hotel, but its clean, comfortable and friendly plus you can be assured of a quiet night's sleep. We were given a superior room in the main house, it was very ornately decorated which wouldn't be everyone's taste but it was clean. The bathroom ceiling needed painted and the heating wasn't on the entire time we were there, despite being freezing outside. Although they must have known this and provided an oil-filled radiator which kept the room adequately heated. The one thing with that was the fact that there was only 2 sockets in the room - therefore you could only have 2 appliances on at any one time, with the radiator taking up one socket it was a choice of TV or kettle! It was a lot of swopping and changing but needs must! Breakfast the next morning was hectic, it was very busy being an international rugby weekend but we had to wait only a short time for a table. Portions in Ariel are on the small side but I'm sure if you asked for more it wouldn't be a problem. Overall it is a great place to stay - good value for money and centrally located with the DART only 2 mins away (not noisy at all)

Fantastic, Charming Place to Stay

For our first trip to Dublin, we stayed at this charming guesthouse located outside Dublin city in a beautiful suburb called Ballsbridge for 5 nights. However, it couldn't be easier to get into town either by foot (a straight walk into town through lovely areas) or by train, which is only about a 1 minute walk from the guesthouse with the ride into downtown is less than 10 mintues (and is very cheap). With the same train, we took an inexpensive trip north of Dublin to visit a 12th century castle and south to the coastal villages. The staff is excellent and very helpful, the salon and breakfast room are both relaxing and beautiful (and the breakfast very tasty), and the rooms are very sizable, clean, and quiet. We will definitely be back to stay here again!! Thanks so much to Deidre and her staff!

Fantastic & charming Dublin Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Wendy268

If staying in Dublin I would make this my first choice. Its close to the DART public transport (just 3 stops to the heart of Dublin. The hotel is beautifully decorated in an old-fashioned and charming style. Rooms have high ceilings, chandeliers, velvet drapes etc... A wonderful Irish breakfast is offered in the light and airy dining room. Hotel staff are beyond helpful and friendly (they booked my return London flight for me online). A 1 minute walk from Lansdowne Road Rugby Football Ground makes it ideal if you are planning on taking in some rugby on your visit. Located in the quiet, leafy 'embassy' area of Dublin it's also ideal if you have business in this area (the reason I chose it). Only one setback - very limited parking and difficult to manouevre your car out of, but you can't do much about that when staying in cities like London and Dublin.

Great Breakfast

We stayed at this hotel on two occassions, I'm glad we stayed the second time as it changed my opinion of the hotel. On the first occassion we were given the last room they had available (room 140) it was slightly small and run down (eg bathroom tiles were falling off the wall). We stayed there again because we only needed to stay one night, so the convience of knowing where it was and the great breakfast made us return. The room we were given on return was much larger and far nicer than the first room. I've included images of both rooms.
The location is great, easy 5-10 minute to the city. They have a some car parking spaces. Staff are quite friendly. I would stay there again.

At the Jameson BarAt the Jameson Bar

The Shelbourne Hotel - The Lord Mayor's LoungeThe Shelbourne Hotel - The Lord Mayor's Lounge

Ghost Bus TourGhost Bus Tour

Dublinia (L), footbridge, and Christ Church (L)Dublinia (L), footbridge, and Christ Church (L)

Transportation

by poig

My flight will leave Dublin at 06:00AM. Do the buses run at 04:00AM? Also I want to visit the Cliffs of Moher and wonder if it is better to travel by bus or hire a driver. Thank You. poig

by rexvaughan

Are you aware that Dublin is on the east coast of Ireland and the Cliffs of Moher on the west coast. It is probably over 150 miles between the two. I don't know if there is a bus. A driver would be expensive. I think you can probably get a tour there - probably all day and I would guess a cost of over 50 Euros.

by Dabs

The Aircoach runs 24 hours but not very frequently at that time of the morning. If there is more than one of you traveling, it might even be cheaper to just get a taxi.

It appears that Dublin Bus does not run early enough for your departure

It might be more than you want but I took a daytrip that included the Cliffs of Moher with Rail Tours Ireland, I thought it was very well organized although a bit too rushed in spots, in particular in Galway where we didn't get much time at all. But I thought we had adequate time at the Cliffs of Moher and it would be able to cover more ground than trying to visit by train or bus on your own

If you want to try to visit independently it appears that you'd take a train from Dublin and then a bus

by leics

Getting to the Cliffs of Moher from Dublin by public transport is a long day. Dublin>Galway by car is around 3 hours. You'd need to check times carefully if you did it by yourself, becuse bus services to Moher from Galway are not very frequent..

This company offers a public transport + trip option:

Or there are tours direct from Dublin:

or a train tour (scroll down):

Lots of choice. A private driver will cost you a heck of a lot of money.

Comments