1-2 Great Denmark Street, Dublin, County Dublin, 1, Ireland

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 33% more and rated 28% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Dublin

The LinesmanThe Linesman

Carting the whiskeyCarting the whiskey

HarpHarp

Nude CafeNude Cafe

16a bus from airport

by Piggy73

I would really appreciate some informatio about the 16a bus.

Just wondered if the 16a bus stops anywhere near the Gresham Hotel in Upper O'connell Street?

We're meeting the guy we're renting our accommodation from at the hotel & he suggested the Airport Bus as it stops directly outside the Gresham Hotel.

I have read it's much cheaper on the 16a and not much difference in time - but would not want an excessively long walk from where the 16a drops off.

Thanks for any information

PJ

by annemariebyrne

There are two stops that will suit - the first is on Parnell Square, if you get off there you will have a short walk straight ahead to O'Connell St and The Gresham or you can stay on and get off at a stop on O'Connell Street which is further down the street and you will have to walk back to the Gresham. There's not much difference really but I think I'd choose Parnell Sq. Probably best to sit downstairs and ask the driver to give you a shout when you reach your stop, also the luggage racks are downstairs.
The 16a does take a little longer than the Aircoach because it takes a turn into a housing area before rejoining the main route to the city, also it will stop frequently to pick up/let off passengers. You will need exact fare (€1.80 I think)or a prepaid ticket which you can buy at the airport.

by Piggy73

Thanks for the information & quick response:-)

We're really looking forward to our week in Dublin.

PJ

by annemariebyrne

You're welcome, if you need any more info ask here or email me. Have a great week! AM

by dfactor

I know this is not exactly related to the topic at hand, but I hv to warned fellow VTers abt aircoach.

I bought aircoach's return ticket when I arrived in Dublin in Dec, it's much regretted. On the morning I was suppose to take the bus to the airport, the bus didn't show up and I waited in the freezing cold for close to 30 min! In the end, I gave up and just took the taxi, I was so close to missing my flight. I wouldn't recommend aircoach after what I went through. I complained to the customer service and to this day, I didn't hear much from them. It branded itself as a luxury bus service, but it hardly is at all.

Travel Tips for Dublin

Moore Street Flower Market.

by Mikebb

Just off O'Connell Street you will find this wonderful market. There are the fresh cut flowers which took my eye, but for those who wish to purchase some fresh fruit and vegetables this is the place to go.

If on tour why not buy some flowers to remind you of home.

Markets open Monday to Saturday: 8am to 4 pm.

National Theater and Sean O'Casey's

by otisporch

We went to see "Juno and the Paycock" at the National Theater. Sean O'Casey's is directly across the street. We went back there the second night and spent about five hours teaching the locals how to sing Hank Williams songs with a genuine southern accent.

STREET ART

by hevbell

I love a city that has lots of "street art"! In other words statues and sculptures in the streets and parks. Dublin is no exception to this but they do have a quirky thing of giving some of their more famous statues some rather unflattering names!! Such as the "tart with the cart" and "the hags with bags". Not sure if this "teddy bear" near St Stephen Green has an alternate name or not though!

I've included most of my...

by Degsy

I've included most of my 'musts' in the information below.

Whilst in Dublin, you'll come across all different types of people, some will stop you in the street to talk, and others look through you as though you don't even exist!

You've got to sample the traditional Irish pub, and take in some of that there Irish Music!

The whole place steadily picks up throughout the day, people moving, and traffic halting. This city is definitely alive, and is the place to be!

Dublin - The Emerald City, home of Guinness, Baileys, and Hangovers!!!

Enjoy her like all who have been there before!

Ireland is famous for the good...

by Sarah97

Ireland is famous for the good golf courses, so if you are into the golf, you should try once in here. This is the place where movie 'Far and Away' filmed. I think this shows the Irish atmosphere very much

Comments