Best Western Royal Dublin Hotel

O'Connell St, Dublin, County Dublin, 1, Ireland

Good For No Data
  • Not A Great Stay

I should have read all the comments about this hotel in all the travel websites before I booked this. I ended up cutting short my 3-night stay and moving somewhere else just after the first night.

The room I was in was fronting the main street. It has no airconditioning and the night was quite warm so I had to open the windows and I could hear all the buses, lorries, cars, even the people talking on the pavement. I thought it would die down later but it was nearly 1am and I still couldn't sleep because of all the noise. I shut the non-double glazed windows and it was still noisy! So I really did not have a good sleep that night and had to move out.

The corridor carpets looks like it needs a good hoovering. The room is relatively clean although the fixtures do not have good finish as I would expect from a hotel charging 120 euros a night. It looked like things were put together by someone who had a bit of DIY skill.

Unique Quality: I think the only advantage of this hotel is its location. It's right in the main street in Dublin and you walk a few minutes in any direction and you're in a point of interest or tourist area.

• happyboy48's Profile Photo

Location....Location....Location

This is the Dublin Experience! The Hotel is right on O'Connell St. in the very Heart of Dublin.The airport bus willdrop you a half block away...your right acroos the street from the touristinformation center. And your only a few blocks away from the Ha'Penney Brigdge and the Temple Bar. We had a room on the 2nd floor.

• Turska's Profile Photo

Simple and clean

I wouln´t like to pay 222 euros per night for this,as they say for the price in their homepage.But we paid 69 euros,(by Bookings)and for that price in Dublin it was o.k.There was no breakfast included,but we didn´t mind,since it would have been Irish breakfast-we couldnt eat it anyway..We ate for breakfast bagels in near Bagelfactory,it was good and cheap.
    If you get this in good price,I would recomend it.And it´s in good place,in O´Connel street

Unique Quality: It seemed like bathroom has just been renovated.We were little supriced,that they didn´t have a minibar,so we couldn´t put anythig in cool place.Luckily it was winter.

Directions: Just in the middle of O´Connol street,and there´s a Terravision airport-transfers stop allmost next to it.

• Cruefan's Profile Photo

Great Value, nice room

I had originally booked at another Dublin hotel, but ran into a problem so I booked at the Royal Dublin instead. I then read on Tripadvisor.com that some people rated the hotel at " filthy, poor service, and noisy" so I was thinking "oh great" well I'm here to say that I found NONE of this. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. the room was a bit small but clean, in fact it looked like the bathroom was brand new. Around 2-3 AM there was a bit of hall noise from people coming back from the pubs but anyone staying in a hotel with 200 other people in Dublin should expect this.

Unique Quality: Well I have to say that there is nothing Unique about the Royal Dublin. It was a place to sleep and that's it. There is a restaurant in pub off the lobby but I didn't go in. They have room service, and that's all I noticed because most time was spent sightseeing and in the pubs.

Directions: O'Connell Street past the GPO and Dublin Bus.

• NewcastleGeordieGirl's Profile Photo

Lovely Hotel

This was the first hotel I stayed in Dublin and was very impressed. Despite being on O Connell Street, one of Dublins busiest streets, there was no noise. It has an elegant 40s style interior, dark and intimate. The staff are very accommodating. A lovely hotel to start my love affair with Dublin in!

Unique Quality: Rooms were of a high standard and very comfortable. The ideal place to rest your head after a hard days sightseeing and a hard nights drinking!

The airport bus stops right opposite and all the tour buses start a little further down O Connell Street near the GPO.

Directions: O Connell Street towards the top end of the street where the Rotunda hospital and theatre are.

• ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo

The Royal Dublin... right in town...

The Royal Dublin Hotel is right in the middle of downtown Dublin. Just a couple hundred metres away from the Temple Bar district. Enough to be away from the noise.

The Hotel room is decent and the view spectacular for the price you pay.

Unique Quality: The Hotel has the Post office less than 50 metres away. How cool is that.

• knersus's Profile Photo

Pleasently surprised!

This hotel interior has been re-done very recently - Its very modern, clean and lovely in the rooms, although the room is rather small. But you don't want to spend too much time in the room anyways! I loved it! And at a very good rpice too...

Unique Quality: Lovely modern interior

More about Best Western Royal Dublin Hotel

Best Western Royal Dublin

Good location to catch AirCoach to/from airport, tour buses and regular buses on Upper O'Connell street.
Rooms and bath well done, staff very helpful (when I couldn't get an omlet the chef chased me down and suggested a nearby pub!)... a real find for the price!

Great stay

stayed at the best western last week. great room, modern, stylish, friendly and very comfy! brilliant room service and really helpful staff. one of the best hotels we've stayed in.

situated on o'connell street it's best to opt for a back or high room if you want some peaceful sleep. it's a great street to stay on though, loads of places to eat and drink, and the mini marts are a great place to buy snacks and to get your packed lunches for the day from.

airport bus stops right outside hotel, going 24 hours a day! so it's easy to get too. also a short walk to grafton steet and all the main shopping areas.

eat at eddie rockets dinner, a cheap cheerful and plentyful helping of american diner lifestyle.

alcohol expensive in dublin, but food cheap! a 24hr metropolitan city with a great mix of traditional and trendy.

Will not be fooled twice

Stayed four nights in Sept 2004,Royal lobby and bar, good location,peeling wallpaper,broken toilet,mold on walls in bathroom and bedroom,door broken on room,room smelled sour,indiffrent night staff, good day staff(they at least acted like they cared the toilet would not flush and increased its reliability to 50%),good food,but for the price you pay there are better places to stay downtown, dont let the name and pictures fool you like they did me.

View from the Royal Dublin HotelView from the Royal Dublin Hotel

Help! Hotels in or near Dublin for May 26 and 27 - having trouble!

by rossandkelli

I've been online and almost every website I have tried (from the suggested hotels on VT) have no accomodations. The couple that I have found on hotels.com and travelocity are almost $200 a night (U.S). What am I doing wrong? Is this a holiday weekend? There are 4 adults, either one room or two.

Is there any small towns outside the city that have easy access via the DART I could look into? I wasn't thinking I would have this much trouble booking something.

Thanks!!

by lfc

try www.ireland.ie, www.ryanair.ie you should be able to keep up places there

by Cruefan

Did you try the Best Western Royal Dublin? It's on O'Connnell Str.

by Nutty-Mokum

I guess you guys aren't U2 fans?

Almost every hotel is totally packed that weekend because U2 are giving 3 concerts in Dublin: June 24th, 25th and 27th.

I'm afraid that if you don't want to pay that much, you will end up quit a bit from the city center.

Try looking for a hotel (or bed & Breakfast) in Bray?

*mistake*

by Nutty-Mokum

f*ck! how irritating that you can't edit your post...

What I ment to say was:
*mistake*
I totally read the dates wrong, but still: try looking for a hotel or b&b in Bray. It's about 40 minutes from the city center to Bray via DART.

Good luck!

by vinsin

Did you try the Regency Hotel website they ahve hotels near the airport, the city centre and bray and i always find they have rooms avaaible nad arent to pricy and nice hotels. the wedsite is www.regencyhotels.com. i think you will find one there. if that doesnt work here are some other sites:-
Try www.goireland.ie its a good website. or try ring 1800468357 its callled 1800hotels and have a list of cheap hotels but of good standard. they have a website www.1800hotels.ie but not sure if you can book from it. This is the dublin tourist office wedsite www.visitdublin.com might be of some help.

by trendynurse