Best Western Royal Dublin Hotel

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 7 reviews

Tags

Business Travel

Not A Great Stay

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2008

I should have read all the comments about this hotel in all the travel websites before I booked this. I ended up cutting short my 3-night stay and moving somewhere else just after the first night.

The room I was in was fronting the main street. It has no airconditioning and the night was quite warm so I had to open the windows and I could hear all the buses, lorries, cars, even the people talking on the pavement. I thought it would die down later but it was nearly 1am and I still couldn't sleep because of all the noise. I shut the non-double glazed windows and it was still noisy! So I really did not have a good sleep that night and had to move out.

The corridor carpets looks like it needs a good hoovering. The room is relatively clean although the fixtures do not have good finish as I would expect from a hotel charging 120 euros a night. It looked like things were put together by someone who had a bit of DIY skill.

Unique Quality: I think the only advantage of this hotel is its location. It's right in the main street in Dublin and you walk a few minutes in any direction and you're in a point of interest or tourist area.

happyboy48's Profile Photo

Location....Location....Location

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 18, 2008

This is the Dublin Experience! The Hotel is right on O'Connell St. in the very Heart of Dublin.The airport bus willdrop you a half block away...your right acroos the street from the touristinformation center. And your only a few blocks away from the Ha'Penney Brigdge and the Temple Bar. We had a room on the 2nd floor.

Turska's Profile Photo

Simple and clean

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 22, 2008

I wouln´t like to pay 222 euros per night for this,as they say for the price in their homepage.But we paid 69 euros,(by Bookings)and for that price in Dublin it was o.k.There was no breakfast included,but we didn´t mind,since it would have been Irish breakfast-we couldnt eat it anyway..We ate for breakfast bagels in near Bagelfactory,it was good and cheap.
If you get this in good price,I would recomend it.And it´s in good place,in O´Connel street

Unique Quality: It seemed like bathroom has just been renovated.We were little supriced,that they didn´t have a minibar,so we couldn´t put anythig in cool place.Luckily it was winter.

Directions: Just in the middle of O´Connol street,and there´s a Terravision airport-transfers stop allmost next to it.

Cruefan's Profile Photo

Great Value, nice room

by written on May 31, 2005

I had originally booked at another Dublin hotel, but ran into a problem so I booked at the Royal Dublin instead. I then read on Tripadvisor.com that some people rated the hotel at " filthy, poor service, and noisy" so I was thinking "oh great" well I'm here to say that I found NONE of this. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. the room was a bit small but clean, in fact it looked like the bathroom was brand new. Around 2-3 AM there was a bit of hall noise from people coming back from the pubs but anyone staying in a hotel with 200 other people in Dublin should expect this.

Unique Quality: Well I have to say that there is nothing Unique about the Royal Dublin. It was a place to sleep and that's it. There is a restaurant in pub off the lobby but I didn't go in. They have room service, and that's all I noticed because most time was spent sightseeing and in the pubs.

Directions: O'Connell Street past the GPO and Dublin Bus.

NewcastleGeordieGirl's Profile Photo

Lovely Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 13, 2005

This was the first hotel I stayed in Dublin and was very impressed. Despite being on O Connell Street, one of Dublins busiest streets, there was no noise. It has an elegant 40s style interior, dark and intimate. The staff are very accommodating. A lovely hotel to start my love affair with Dublin in!

Unique Quality: Rooms were of a high standard and very comfortable. The ideal place to rest your head after a hard days sightseeing and a hard nights drinking!

The airport bus stops right opposite and all the tour buses start a little further down O Connell Street near the GPO.

Directions: O Connell Street towards the top end of the street where the Rotunda hospital and theatre are.

ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo

The Royal Dublin... right in town...

by written on May 15, 2004

The Royal Dublin Hotel is right in the middle of downtown Dublin. Just a couple hundred metres away from the Temple Bar district. Enough to be away from the noise.

The Hotel room is decent and the view spectacular for the price you pay.

Unique Quality: The Hotel has the Post office less than 50 metres away. How cool is that.

knersus's Profile Photo

Pleasently surprised!

by written on January 15, 2004

This hotel interior has been re-done very recently - Its very modern, clean and lovely in the rooms, although the room is rather small. But you don't want to spend too much time in the room anyways! I loved it! And at a very good rpice too...

Unique Quality: Lovely modern interior

12 Photos of Best Western Royal Dublin Hotel

Dublin Travel Forum

Need advice about Dublin, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Dublin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dublin hotel reviews

Smoking
Local Customs
Johnnie Fox's
Off The Beaten Path
General Comments
Favorites
Beshoff's Restaurant