Brewery Hostel

22-23 Thomas Street, Dublin, County Dublin, 8, Ireland

Satisfaction Terrible

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Brewery Hostel

2008 we stayed at this hostel. The room was small, but clean and we had an en-suite. Upon our arrival we were told that there is a free BBQ, we just needed to take our own drinks along. This I thought was a lovely touch and we just felt right at home. The hostel area is actually steeped in history. It was once the site of Dublin’s first public library and in 1884 served as the hiding place of Lord Edward Fitzgerald, the leader of the United Irishmen. It is very centrally located, a 10 minute stroll to the city centre and Temple Bar, although I must admitt that we did not feel quite safe walking to town at night time. It is a quick walk to attractions such as Christ Church Cathedral and the world famous Guinness Brewery.

Unique Quality: Hostel Facilities include the following: -
    Breakfast ,Linen ,Towels available , Luggage storage , 24 Hour reception ,Guest kitchen , Common room , No Smoking and they have Car Parking available

• Warning do not stay at the Brewery Hostel

This place is disgusting, the Manager is one of the rudest people I have EVER met, our ensuite room had no hot water on either day, instead we had freezing cold showers (which was ridiculous considering we paid 75 euros per night for an ensuite) it smelt, the roof leaked extremely heavily (there was even a bucket that we had to keep emptying), we had hairballs on our towls, our sheets were dirty and again the management were disgraceful. After reading amny reviews I have seen her name come up time and time again as being rude and unhelpful. We managed to get a refund for one of the nights. I paid cash for our room but left my credit card origannly with the manager when I booked to room. I later found out that the night tehy refunded she charged again to my account. When I rang her to dispute it she said that she didnt care and didnt have time to talk to me and hung up the phone. I then persued the matter with my bank as a fraudulant transaction and the money came back into my account today. I have travelled for 5 years to the likes of Thailand, Africa and cambodia and never stayed in such appalling conditions. WARNING DO NOT GIVE CREDIT CARD DETAILS OR WASTE YOUR TIME AND EXPERIENCE STAYING THERE.....

• ccmoira's Profile Photo

Oh, the people you meet

An old building with old plumbing. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The people that I met when I stayed there were amazingly interesting and fun and always open to hanging out with new people.
    In fact, this is the place that I want to live in when I go back to work in Dublin this summer.
    You can stay long term for about 86 euro per week in a 10 bed dorm.
    The rooms are pretty nice, depending. Sometimes they have trouble with the plumbing and hot showers become an elusive luxury.
    There is a storage closet for your luggage or whatever, but also the rooms are pretty safe. I had no problems there and neither did any of the people I met.

Unique Quality: The best thing was the people. I ended up meeting and hanging out with most of the long-term people. Some will still be around this summer but some have left. But I've heard that it's usually pretty rowdy and fun, regardless.
    It's a great place to stay if you're travelling by yourself because you can just hang out in the lounge and you're bound to meet some new, interesting people.
    And I'll be there this summer!

Directions: The Liberties, near the Guinness Storehouse

• thunderbox's Profile Photo

The Brewery Hostel (this is...

The Brewery Hostel (this is the view from our room)
    This cost around $11/ person in an 8 bed dorm en suite.

Unique Quality: *Supposedly the area is not the greatest, however, we didn't feel unsafe at any time during the trip. We walked around the area at all different times of the day.
    *You can smell the unique smell of Guiness being produced throughout this area all day long.
    *It's an easy walk to the big sites like St. Pat's, Chrsit Church and the Temple Bar area.
    * The staff are all very welcoming and someone is on duty all night, so there aren't any lockout periods or curfews plus it's an extra safety bonus.
    * They provide a complimentary breakfast - it's cornflakes, toast and coffee - yummm!

Directions: Shocker- it's located right next to the Guiness Brewery. Just follow the wierd stench of sugar and old socks - or Guiness brewing.

More about Brewery Hostel

worried

by loughgilly

does anyone out there no anything about the brewery hostel?i have booked a room with 6 other family members which wil include 3 children from the age of 6 to 14 years old? we tryed to chose somewhere quite but we are begining to wonder if were have choose the right place?

RE: worried

by Sjalen

Have you read the one entry here on VT for it?:

RE: worried

by Noelbri

Hello

My name is Noel I am from Malta. It does not seem to be a bad hostel, but I have only read the first page of reviews on www.hostelworld.com. There are a lot of reviws for your to see at http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/TheBreweryHostel-Dublin-104?#

If it doesn't take you automatically go to www.hostelworld.com and make a search for brewery and there it is :))

Noel