59-63 Drury Street, Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• zuriga's Profile Photo

Great Location and A Good Price

We had a lovely stay for two nights at The Brooks hotel in downtown Dublin. The location was wonderful and within walking distance of all the major attractions and good restaurants of the centre city. The bus back to the airport was also just a very short walk away. The rooms were beautifully decorated, and the downstairs reading room was spacious with free wifi and computers to use for no fee. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• SurfaceTravel's Profile Photo

a very good stay

This is a very good 4-star hotel right in the centre of Dublin. Most of the main tourist sights are about 5 or 10 minutes' walk away.

The rooms were small (normal by European standards), immaculate and tastefully decorated with tradition yet new furniture. The bed was top-notch; very comfortable. There was even a pillow menu. Rooms were well sound-proofed.

The service was excellent.

Directions: Right downtown; walking distance to tourist sights. There is temporary street parking and a garage across the road.

More about Brooks Hotel

Absolutely wonderful hotel and staff

We spent 5 nights at the Brooks Hotel in Dublin and had a wonderful experience! The hotel is beautiful, with a good restaurant and nice bar, the rooms were large, with king size beds, decorated very tastefully with refrigerators and in room safes. The staff was great - very polite, helpful and extremely friendly. The concierge recommended two restaurants which were both wonderful - The Bistro, just a block away from Brooks and Le Caprice, a few blocks away. From our experience in Dublin, the nicest people in the world live here! We wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend the Brooks Hotel and hope to return ourselves soon.

Helpful friendly staff, lovely decor & great location

by TripAdvisor Member CharbelIreland

I booked The Brooks hotel for myself and three friends, from the moment we arrived the staff were very helpful and friendly, especially the concierge who straight away came up to us and asked if we would like a map of the city. The location is perfect. The night staff were also helpful we fancied a night cap on our return from our night out, the bar was shut but with a flick of the light switch they opened it up for us. A great time was had by all.

careful in choosing rooms!

My husband and I stayed at the Brooks Hotel over the August 2004 bank holiday. Since the city was booked solid, and we knew that there were a lot of questionable hotels in Dublin (as well as some very fabulous and expensive ones) we thought we'd found a pretty good deal: an average of about $200 US/night for 2 nights, through hotels. The picture on the websites showed a lovely "boutique hotel" room: white walls, flat screen tv, clean-lined furniture, etc. We had also specifically requested a non-smoking room (we later discovered that due to the new laws, all Irish hotel rooms are technically "non-smoking" now, but it's all about the room history...). Imagine our surprise when we were shown into a dark, cavelike room with an ancient bed (albeit kingsized, as promised), covered with a horrible flowered yellow cover out of a motel horror flick circa 1965. The room was right on the street one floor up, which is a BIG problem on the weekends in party-hearty Dublin, and it was close to the elevator, the service station and the stairs; it was small and cramped, with a teensy bathroom even by european standards; it felt dirty; and it REEKED of cigarette smoke. When I went downstairs to see if anything could be done (even my easy-going husband was displeased), I was told that "only superior rooms are left," and that an "upgrade" would cost 40 euros per night. Feeling that we had no choice ,we coughed up the cash. Lo and behold! We were whisked up to the third floor, to a section at the end that had clearly been renovated: flatscreen tv, clean white walls, lots of space, gorgeous bath, etc. We were very pleased with this room and had no other problems whatsoever with the hotel--but clearly, there's a just-legal bait-and-switch going on. The "standard" rooms in the middle part of each floor are totally unrenovated, and the price charged for them is nowhere near worthwhile. If you can snag a deal on the "superior" rooms, great: the hotel is well-located, staff is very helpful, nights are quiet away from the street...lovely. But under no circumstances should you ante up for a "standard" room. Ugh.

Excellent Stay in Dublin

by TripAdvisor Member djb2002

This was our first stay in Dublin, and this is one of the best hotels we have ever stopped in anywhere. The staff were very friendly, and nothing was too much trouble.

The room was clean, spacious, and the beds were VERY comfortable.

Ideal location, just on a side street away from all of the noise, yet close to all the attractions.

Excellent Hotel - 10/10 !!!

felt letdown by the brooks

After reading other peoples comments after staying at the brooks,I felt quite letdown. Dublin itself was fantastic but the hotel is very difficult to find due to poor signposting and location. The room was small and not well decorated. The pillow menu and speaker in the bathroom were a nice touch but I would of happily swapped them for channel 3 and 4 on the tv which didnt work and the indignity of having the maid entering our room whilst we were sleeping to put a chocolate on our bed. It would have been nice to have the minibar stocked also but it would appear that was not the brooks policy. would not stay there again but would thoroughly recommend dublin for a weekend.

Disapointed at great expence

I just returned from Scotland where I spent two nights in Dublin, one going and one returning. I had decided to stay at the Brooks one my way to Scotland because of reviews I had read. On the return trip I discovered a better place to stay at a third the cost. The Brooks is over-priced for the accomodation I recieved. 200 US per night and I was charged an additional 17 for a paulty breakfast buffet on top of that. Look for the review for The Townhouse, a far better bargain and just as nice as The Brooks.

dublin great-hotel bit of a let down

The hotel is located in a weird back street and was quite difficult to find but once there was in quite good proximity to the tourist attractions. The hotel is definatley over priced especially considering the deal didnt include breakfast and so a lot of the spending money we had went on the very expensive buffet breakfast which was not really worth the bother! The room was satisfactory and the bathroom was quite nice, however during the night we got little sleep due to the constant sound of a water tank filling up somewhere, which sounded like it was right above us, when i mentioned it to reception they seemed uninterested and not bothered by our lack of sleep for two nights. Dublin is an amazing city and i would love to go again but i would save my money and stay in one of the many cheaper hotels which probably offer the same if not a better stay.

Loved the Brooks

My husband and I stayed at the Brooks for 2 nights and loved it. The location was great, just off the main shopping area. Initially we were going to stay at The Clarence in the Temple Bar area and we are so glad we didn't, way to crowed in that area! The Brooks location was much better.

The rooms were ok...bedding was nice but the view was not great and the decor was only ok. The bathroom was fine.

Staff was good...but the breakfast was really great!

The common areas of the hotel were also great, overall I highly recommend this hotel.

4 Days in Dublin

by SurfaceTravel

We spent four days in Dublin, checking out Trinity College and the Book of Kells, Temple Bar, Grafton Street, St. Stephen's Green, Merrion Square, the Old Jameson Distillery, the Monument of Light (the Spire), and the National Museum.

We stayed at the very good Brooks Hotel (see tip).

restaurant on christmas eve (saturday 23 or sunday 24th of december)

by spirit69

I'm visiting dublin with my girlfriend during christmas (christy moore is playing, yes :)) but i was looking for some restaurants to take here to diner on chrismas eve. It's custom in holland to go out for diner then, but it seems that most restaurants are closed or already fully booked? I tried about 10 and i guess it's getting really hard to make reservations on saturday 23 or sunday the 24th of december. I guess it's not custom in the uk/ireland to go out for diner then?

Any suggestions would be helpfull, we would love to go to an indian restaurant, but by now, anything is ok!

Frank

RE: restaurant on christmas eve (saturday 23 or sunday 24th of december)

by lolofrog

hi,

my boyfriend and I are visiting Dublin during the xmas period as well, and it's quit difficult to get a restaurant at theses dates as most of them (actually, all of them) are closed on the evening of 24th and on the 25th all day.
we managed to book a restaurant for the 23rd The Shack restaurant in temple bar offering traditional xmas diner(www.shackrestaurant.ie) and we got a table in a hotel restaurant for the dinner of the 24th the Francescas restaurant in the Brooks hotel which has a good reputation.
About indian restaurant you can try the Tulsi offering superior indian cuisine(17 Lower baggot st-Dublin 2 +353 (1) 6764578), the Sagaar (16 harcourt st-dublin 2 +353 (1) 4755060) or the Konkan (www.konkan.ie)
Good luck and have some fun in Dublin!
Laura

RE: restaurant on christmas eve (saturday 23 or sunday 24th of december)

by lynsk22

Jaipur is one of the best Indians in dublin theres one in the city centre just of aungier street, but be careful going out on christmas eve in dublin if your not in walking distance from where your staying as taxis are hard to come by.

Comments