Browns Hotel and Apartments Dublin

AMOMA.com Despegar.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Dublin City Centre Apartments

On my last visit in May 2008, since we were four people, we stayed at the Dublin City Centre Apartments, which belong to the Browns Hotel and are located just around the corner. Quiet and safe area, and the price was 200 euros a night.

Unique Quality: The apartments are really nice but not very spacious, with a separate bedroom, bathroom and a living-room with a sofa that can be turned into a double bed and a little kitchen. If you are two people it's perfect, if you are four then it's ok only for a short stay - then you start to feel a little claustrophobic. For some reason it's sold as a 4 people apartment, but we never managed to have 4 chairs, only 3. Go figure.

Directions: Dublin 1, a few minutes from O'Connell street

• The worst hostel

This is the worst hostel I have ever seen in my life. Caming back from Galway, I booked for two night in this hostel. During the registration the recption guy was very unfriendly, but this isn't the main problem of this hostel. The room was crowd of beds, it was cold and unventilated. For me and my friends there was no blanket, and when we asked to the reception the guy told us that there were more beds than blankets, and if this was a problem we could write an email to the manager. The bathroom was dirty and it tastes mouldy. The breakfast was poor, and the room was cold and dirty.
    If you can go way from this hostel, and book to Jacobs Inn

• lina112's Profile Photo

Time to sleep

This is the hotel where I spent my night on Dublin. Is a small and quiet hotel, only 25 rooms and the staff is very kind and friendly. They have a small breakfast room where is available free tea and coffee 24 hours. The room was comfortable double bed wiht shower and tv. I slept on my bed for 10 hours belive me i had a very good dream during my night on Dublin.

If you are looking for something cheap have a look next door where you?ll find the brownshostel they have rooms from 11 euros per night.

Directions: Going out from bussaras, cross the street and next street on the right.

• racheljapi's Profile Photo

Hostel

Great place, looks a bit like a bomb shelter inside but not bad otherwise. Be up early for breakfast regardless of your assigned time. Otherwise there is no food for you and they don't check anyway

Unique Quality: Pool table, close to everything, good size kitchen, internet, tv, many many tables.

More about Browns Hotel and Apartments Dublin

Dont belive everything you read..

Before we all came to dublin i came on this site and started to read some of the reviews people had put. straight away i thought "what are we going to" we all had horrible vision but when we go there thay all changed.

me and 3 friends stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and didnt come across any problems at all!! All the staff was very friendly and helpful!! Some of the male staff was quite dishy too!! he he. The rooms where fantastic and big!!! The town was 10 minutes walk from the hotel, although on some ocassions it did take us longer due to the sense of direction we all have!!! he he!! maybe they could put some safety deposit boxes in the room to put anything in if needed. The towels and rooms where done on a daily basis.

infact we are all on about going back to the same hotel and asking to stay in the same room.

its best not to believe everything and see for yourself. we all have different opinions. all of us thought it was fantastic and we had a brill weekend!!!

Horrible - walked in and back out again

How this is a 3* hotel I'll never know. It shares an entrance way with the hostel next door, where we had to move around several young men who were hanging around outside ("guests" of the hostel).
Stepping around the spit on the steps we were buzzed into reception (another bad sign of security issues), and were told our room wasn't ready (1:30pm). We were put on a room on the top floor while we waited. There was no lift and we already didn't feel comfortable to leave our bags in the lobby. If you stay in the top floor pray there isn't a fire, a narrow steep flight of stairs is the only way in or out, theres no fire escape or other means to get out. Tea/coffee is vending machine stuff only available from the restaurant (great for top floor guests). They also attempted to charge us for one night but as my partner was geniunely distressed we managed to get out without cost (other than a cab fare away).

Avoid this hotel - it's dire

by TripAdvisor Member nevilleb1

Arrived on 11th Jan, originally for 3 nights. Rather apprehensive as the entrance was shared by a hostel. Went up to the room on the first floor - Dirty, window cracked and very noisy. Asked to be moved to a room at the back. This second room smelt of rotting vegetables - went back to reception and said that we wanted to cancel. She said that I would have to pay for one night. As it was late we had no choice but to stay for the one night and asked to see a better room. The third room was a little better but even though it was on the 4th floor was still noisy, dirty and the bathroom was in poor repair. We stayed the night and moved the following day. We were also told that the deposit was not refundable as it was the agents commission - at least this was all we lost!

A disappointment, not what I would have expected of a 3*

by TripAdvisor Member Cymraes888

Have just returned from a weekend in Dublin, had a great time, but Browns Hotel on Lower Gardiner St, left a lot to be desired... I wish i'd paid more attention to the reviews here! We paid 80 euro each for 2 nights B&B, fairly cheap - and it showed.
We had to buzz to be let into the hotel lobby, and then ask in reception for them to let us into another part of the hotel where our room was.. down a very ricketty staircase to a 'dungeon', next to the hotel toilets!
The room wasn't as clean as i'd expect, needed a lot of attention. There were no frills, no info about the city etc, no tea and coffee making facilities, but there were in reception.
This would have been fine.... had the machine been working all the time, and the hassle of going to get the coffee, and have someone let you back into the dungeon [was very often no one on reception as they had just 'nipped out' or were covering the hostel next door as well!]made us not bother more than once.
The breakfast also was shambolic, only scrambled eggs available in terms of hot food, a very limited variety of juice/cereal/breads etc. On our second morning, we'd booked an early breakfast at 6.30 as our flight left early. When we arrived at reception, the night receptionist or whatever he was, had no idea, as nobody had told him anything, we were given a bottle of milk, and told to make our own breakfast!!! It was farcical. We opened a sliced loaf which was part of a delivery that had appeared in the night, and ate bread and butter.
At no point in the stay did any staff member ask if everything was ok, or if we were enjoying our stay, not even when we payed the balance on the bill... although they were quick enough to take our credit card details for pre-authorization!
If we'd have been staying any longer, i think we would have complained or possibly moved hotels, but as it was, we were there as little as possible. I really cant understand how this hotel could have three stars.

Comments