Cavendish Row, Upper O'Connell St., Dublin, County Dublin, 1, Ireland

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• doodybee's Profile Photo

Friendly Accommodation

Weekend stay, reception staff brilliant , clean rooms bar, restuarant, toilets, good location near enough to temple bar area

Unique Quality: booked this on pricelines website where we didnt pay for breakfast though it didnt bother us as the price was a lot cheaper and we ate when we were ready

Directions: quite centrally located

More about Cassidys Hotel

Excellent Very Friendly Hotel

We went to Dublin last weeh 27th Nov and stayed at Cassidys Hotel as it had such good reviews on trip advisor and we were not dissapointed.
I had asked for a bottle of wine in our room as it was my husbands birthday but unfortunatly they did not get my e mail.
on arrival we were given a nice room at the back but with a view of the dust bins i spoke to reception and were moved to another at the front and 10 mins later a bottle of wine arrived on the house with many appologies. The room was spacious and the marble bathroom nice. At the fron it was a little noisy if the windows were open but its right on O Connell Street in walking distance of all the attraction great.
The hotels restaurant is Excellent and the early bird menue good value the steaks were out of this world in fact we ate there for both nights which is very unusal for us. They even brought a cake with candles for Tim
It was so good that we are going back next November and taking our family

Fantastic location and well informed staff

by TripAdvisor Member BGILGOUR

this hotel is in a wonderful location for a downtown Dublin stay. the bus office and pickup sites for tours of Dublin center are just a few blocks away. the hotel staff were all very nice and helpful. We would stay again without a second thought. thanks!

Good Bargin

We had a great experience at Cassidy's. It was relatively inexpensive compared to most quality hotels in Dublin. The location was ideal. We were able to walk to everything we wanted to see in the city, and the airport shuttled stopped directly in front of the hotel. Good size room and bathroom. We would definetly stay there again.

A solid bet for a good night's sleep

Just came back from a four day stay at Cassidy's. I found the hotel true to previous recommendations - pretty, clean, pleasant staff, hearty Irish breakfast, spacious rooms. I stayed in a non smoking room at the back and slept uninterrupted. While located north of the river, the hotel is within a block of Dublin City bus stops, the hop- on tourist buses, a taxi stand and a major tourist info center. If you don't want to go far for theater or movies, you are also in the right neighborhood. Shopping with Dubliners is convenient, since it is just up the street from the major dept. stores and the "local" shopping area. Recommend highly if you don't mind the walk to the more touristed, up scale, and museum-laden south side of the river.

A True Gem

by TripAdvisor Member SueFalmouth

Have today returned from a lovely relaxing weekend break at Cassidys. We were lucky enough to get a 'special' internet deal for our group of 5. The rooms were extremely clean, comfortable and well furnished. The staff were helpful, polite and always greeted you with a smile, nothing was too much trouble. After arriving to a room smelling of stale tobacco (which they profoundly apologised for) they quickly changed my room which was inspected by the manager prior to my being given the key. The hotel is centrally located and although there was a little noise from the street below, I was too comfortable to let it bother me! I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to group bookings and families. Thankyou for another special weekend in this amazing city.

Cassidy's...it really is a little gem

by TripAdvisor Member Bikerbabes

Cassidy's...the blurb on the brochure says its a little gem in Dublin and to be honest, they were right. This was a very reasonably priced hotel (definately cheaper through the net) with nice staff and good rooms. The bar flet friendly and there was always a bit of a crowd there to have a laugh with. The advantage of this hotel is that it is about 10mins walk from the very centre of dublin and that distance allows you to get a decent nights or days kip (depending when you go to bed). It is also just off O'connell street and is on the right side of the city for the airport (no traffic jams). Had a lovely time there and would definately stay there again. I have given the hotel an above average mark as I am quite hard to please and loath giving full marks. For most people, this hotel offers what everyone would want in a hotel in Dublin. Clean, good food, nice staff, decent location and a reasonable price.

Lovely Hotel, a refreshing break from the chains.........

by TripAdvisor Member hoteluserNottingham

Have just returned from a long weekend break with my partner and young daughter. The hotel was absolutely lovely - really individual and personal. All the public areas were clean, smart and well presented.

We had a room overlooking O'Connell Street. The room was clean with 1 double bed and a single. It was a tiny bit compact (I had read reviews about spacious rooms) and it was only on the last day of our stay (as the cleaners were in another room with the door open) that we saw that yes, there were some rooms much much bigger than ours. But even so, the room more than serviced our needs.

The breakfast was really lovely - quite basic (no extra's like muffins and pastries etc), but none the less, very filling. As for Restaurant 6, well we had a fantastic evening meal there one night, a real treat, excellent food, beautifully presented, and it felt a million miles away from the restaurant we ate in each morning.

The staff actually treat you as a guest, which this day and age is sometimes hard to come by, rather than treating you as a hindrance to their work, which can be experienced in so many places now-a-days.

The location is a tiny bit out of the way if you want to walk around Dublin - after a few drinks, the stoll back from the St Stephens Green area (where the better restaurants are) can be a little long...... it was about 20 mins.

All in all, as the other reviewers say, a little gem - especially if you get one of the larger rooms!

An all-rounder

We chose this hotel for a one night stay after reading all the reviews of moderately priced hotels in Dublin. Fellow reviewers were spot on. It was a really good choice. Room was well furnished and comfortable. Best of all was the food, dining room and the most friendliest, courteous staff I have come across in a long time. This is a hotel we would most definitely return to.

Would recommend

by TripAdvisor Member ukjms

A really comfortable 3 star hotel, with very friendly staff. We had a decent sized double room, (actually, it was a family room, so it had an extra single bed, although we didn't book this) which was of a high standard for this star rating. The bathroom was clean, fairly small but not excessively so. The fittings were slightly damaged though (toilet handle was loose etc) which was the only minor let down to the high standard of the room.

The hotel is traditional in style, but it doesn't feel stuffy. We're both in our 20s, and felt perfectly at home. The Irish breakfast was wonderful, and the generous serving hours meant we could stay in bed a bit too, and still make breakfast.

Dublin was fantastic fun, but I probably don't need to tell you that. We went mid week in January - a quiet time (also, a cheap time for flights and accommodation if you search the various websites) but there was still plenty to do and see both of the day and nighttime.

Would recommend the Cassidy's to tourists looking for a smaller hotel of a more traditional Irish character (although it's nice to note that they don't trade on this; it's not tacky at all), for a decent standard for a reasonable price.

nice , quiet hotel, b&b or guesthouse dublin city or ballsbridge area ?

by mrhunt4

hi i'm looking for any suggestions for somewhere for myself 44 and my 65 year old father to stay in july 2008 , all help welcome

by doodybee

take a look at this hotel
we stayed the a couple of years ago- priced ok ( no brakfast- we got a much cheaper irish brekkie down the road) - i have been advised that it has had a bit of a makeover since we were there last

hope you enjoy dublin ( i have to say it wasn't my favourite place- i found it too crowded) small town girl me though

by WhispersWest

The place that I return to each time I find myself in Dublin is Abberley House, http://www.abberleyhouse.ie/. I like it because it is set off in a quiet neighborhood yet close to the Botanical Gardens. Though they say that they are a "short" walk from city Centre, they are speaking as Irish folk. I found that it was about a twenty minute walk into city centre. You can catch a taxi in though. It is one of very few reasonably priced Guesthouses in Dublin.

Slan Beo (Take Care),

Bit

by annemariebyrne

If you want accomodation in a quiet area I'd advise you to stay away from the city centre. Ballsbridge would be good or Sandymount even better. You will find a wide selection of B&Bs at www.dublinevents.com
Lots of sites offer accomodation such as www.goireland.com, www.accomodation.ie or www.irishtourist.com
All the best.

by wlfan

I also suggest staying at the Cassidys Hotel, I stayed there for 3 nights and have no complains. The location is ideal, as its walking distance to all main attractions but far enough from all the noise. I definitely recommend it, and if you book it through a website such as orbitz.com you can score free breakfast.

Comments