Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport

handy for the airport.

by TripAdvisor Member jay-n-gee

we stayed in the crowne plaza dublin airport two years ago on our way to amsterdam, we needed to get an early flight but transport wouldnt of got us there in time so we decided to stay there as it was right beside the airport. we had a great time staff were really friendly and helpful. food was excellent and service was also excellent. we only stayed 1 night but it was a great start to a great holiday. also the free bus to the airport was very handy we made our flight with loads of time to spare. because we had such a good time before we our staying again in june this year.

first class airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member businesseye

No-one expects too much from an airport hotel but the Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport exceeded all of our expectations.

As a previous reviewer points out, it looks rather bland from the outside, but more than makes up for this indoors.

The staff are absolutely first class and among the best we've come across recently. We were given a smoking room despite asking for non smoking, but were swiftly moved even though the hotel was almost full.

The rooms are bright, clean, well equipped and very comfortable. Room service breakfast was very good - fresh and well presented. The staff helped us with car parking and made sure we were transferred promptly to the airport the following morning.

If only Dublin Airport itself was as efficient.....!

Lovely Hotel

My Friend and I stayed at this hotel for new years 05/06, lovely hotel set in a quiet location.

We found hotel lovely, really modern rooms and friendly staff, shuttle bus to and from the airport a phonecall away, you do not need to get a taxi into town there is a bustop just at the end of the road which will take you into o'connell street for 1euro 65, i dont think taxis were that dear, even after 12 the most we spend on a taxi was about £11.00, which is pretty standard for a night out i think.

I highly reccommend this hotel and would defo visit again in the future.

Best Dublin Airport Hotel

This hotel is easily the best hotel near dublin airport... Ive stayed at the new Hilton but still prefer this hotel. On arrival i was upgraded to a club room which was large by european standards with modern neutral decor. Furishings were clean and everything looked fairly new (this hotel is only few years old). The bed was large with white eygptian cotton sheets for a cosy sleep. The bathroom was large with a seperate shower and bathtub. Amenities were good quality and plentiful, towels were over-sized. All in all a great hotel and for an $82 priceline bid its worth every penny! Only downside was executive lounge doesnt serve breakfast/evening drinks at weekends so not worth paying the upgrade fee 30euro if your offered it.

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member I_Love_My_Holidays

Stayed for one night before flying out from dublin airport the next morning. Staff were very friendly, food fantastic and rooms were very modern and comfortable.

Would deliberatley fly out in the early morning again just to spend a night here!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member irlrobins

Booked this hotel for one night for myself and my girlfriend who was returning from a year travelling abroad. Unfortunately her flight got in very late to DUB so we didn't get to sample any of the facilities.

Having said that it is easily the best hotel I've stayed at. The decor is very nice, very contempory. Overall appearance of the hotel is excellent.

We were picked up from airport by courtesy bus which was very prompt in arriving. Quick and friendly check in.

We stayed in room 440 (Standard King Room). Room was spotlessly clean and well presented (See pics). Mini bar was well stocked, good range of TV channels including movie channels (not free). Tea, Coffee and water facilities. Internet available in room. AC with controls. Bathrobes, slippers, room safe, etc.

Bathroom was large with separate shower and bath. Pressure and temperature of shower was perfect. Again the bathroom was spotless, not a stray hair in sight. Towels were very large and fluffy!

All in all not a bad thing to say about this hotel. My only regret was not being able to sample the bar or restaurant. I'd love to return for a weekend break at some stage.

Completely overrated

by TripAdvisor Member shepsle96

To read some of the reviews here one would think one was about to enter an above par 4+ star hotel. In reality the Crowne Plaza is a nice, relatively new (but already depreciated)standard 4star'ish' hotel. My wife and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Crowne Plaza on anumber of times since it opened, most recently in Feb. 2006.

The hotel is a short ride from the airport, we had to wait a full 25 minute for a pick-up - but it was mid-morning. Return shuttles are every 30 min and they sometimes wait to collect at the airport after having done a hotel-airport drop.

Check-in is always quick. As priorityclub elites we used to get upgrades to the 4th floor, in the last 16 months we have not. The 4th floor rooms are very nice - large with an excellent lounge.

Standards rooms (level 1-3) are much smaller, really small by US standards and compact compared to hilton dublin airport and great southern dublin airport. Walls are a really cold blue. Free water (x2) which is great. Bathrooms are excellent - almost too big for such a small room.

The big problem at the moment is construction along the west facing side of the hotel. They are building a large conference center/re and holiday inn express literally feet away from the current hotel. On the last visit my room overlooked construction 10 feet from my window.

My other problem with this hotel is that, although it had a great start, service and room quality are going downhil fast. On my two visits in 2006 both my rooms had paint problems (ie the blue wall had been repaired and pained white in spots - not what one would expect from a high quality hotel).

On a Sunday night in feb. I waited 22 minutes to get served in the bar (and it was not crowded). I eventually gave up and walked up the road to the (overpriced) chinese restaurant that others have talked about.

Location, of course, is poor unless you are just over-nighting in advance of a flight. 20-30 minutes into town by bus. On our next visits requiring an airport hotel we will stay at the Hilton - also in the middle of no where, but cleaner better maintained rooms and easy access to a large Tesco shop for snacks.

For Families Too

by TripAdvisor Member ruar

I won't repeat the other reviews. The style is male businessman, but I like it too. We go with our children, beginning when we had a two year old. They do not seem to mind when we show up with children, even though they were not booked. The website does not allow more than two people in a room, so I just put two adults since our children sleep with us anyway. We got upgraded once to a Club room, I think, although they didn't say anything. It was after a VERY bad start to our trip, so it was great. There is a room with the news on and newspapers and breakfast on Club floors. I was asked my room number but was not charged. I don't think children are supposed to be on that floor. The last time we went, the hotel was getting full and we were put in a handicap suite, which was even bigger. The girl at the desk figured we could use the room. I love the big bathrooms in this hotel. It feels good to have a nice shower and the bathtubs are good for the kids. It is quiet - no noise from the hall or airplanes and no early "Housekeeping!" knocking. There is a big aquarium in the lobby that keeps kids fascinated while the parents are checking in. There's a park with a path across the street to run off extra energy and get some fresh air, although I'll admit I haven't been in it.

Great airport hotel for our family

by TripAdvisor Member gbruehl

Very nice final nights in Ireland at the Crowne Plaza. Quiet location, tasty food in both restaurants, close to bus stop, very helpful conceiarge. We got a great rate (about $95/night) on Hotwire. Very friendly staff. We had the hotel van lead us to return our rental car, and then drive us back to the hotel. Super convenient.

Excellent experience

Stayed the night before an early flight out of Dublin. Staff was simply outstanding, rooms well designed. Food was OK, somewhat limited. Nice large park across the street where we went for a walk with the kids.

Comments