Days Hotel Dublin Airport

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Days Hotel Dublin Airport

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gerry1234

Visited this hotel on route to an early morning flight to Dublin airport. It is a new hotel and the rooms are in excellent condition. The service was very friendly and helpful. Parked the car for free in their secure car park during my short trip. I had the evening meal in their restaurant which was efficent and the food was of a good quality.
The following morning their shuttle bus took us to the airport which took about ten minutes.
I can highly recommend this hotel for somebody wishing to use the airport.

Terrible experience!

by TripAdvisor Member jay200

Hi, i went just for a night in this hotel with my wife an d my parents, we booked two double rooms. The rooms as other reviews say were OK and the hotel is about 10-15 minutes by car to the airport. The problem was that none of the rooms had hot water!! We called reception twice and told us that there was a problem and they were trying to solve it, they told us they would call us back, but never did. We couldn't get a shower in the evening and neither in the morning. When we left early in the morning we asked for a complaint book and the receptionist (a new one who didn't know anything about the water problem!!!)
told us that they didn't have any. When we were going to pay they tried to charge more for one room......So, horrible customer service who didn't care for us at all and very bad experience. Not recommended at all!!!

not very happy

by TripAdvisor Member oldfabie

a receptionist who could understand english might help, stayed on two seperate nights and had hotel pre booked and paid but still could
not not make receptionist understand this who then tried to charge me
for breakfast, they say they have a shuttle bus to and from airport but what is not cleary stated is that this bus dose not operate after 9pm, what a joke. will not use this hotel ever again, my first reaction was i must have been in eastern europe because i could not find a irish employee anywhere.

very, very, very poor

by TripAdvisor Member martin_rocks01

Stayed here for 1 night in April as we had an early flight the following morning. I was staying with a female friend so we booked a twin room. Checked into the room and guess what....it was a double. Contacted reception to be told they had no twin rooms left. Thay said they could split the beds but i knew that meant stripping the bed and it was already 11pm at night. I just wanted a shower and some sleep. We told them to forget about it and in the end we just shared a double bed.

Decided to go for a shower which was just luke warm and in the morning there was absolutely no hot water so i had to spend all day travelling before i could get a shower, not very nice. We told them at reception and they just apologised.

It didnt help in the middle of the night at 3am we got an automated wake up call.

The only good point was that the airport shuttle bus was a good service. Spend some extra money and stay somewhere else

Always friendly

by TripAdvisor Member GalwegianGirl

Have stayed here about 3 times in the last few months, as it's very convenient to Dublin airport. And have always enjoyed my stays. The rooms are nice, the staff are really friendly and helpful (and they always remember that we've stayed there before). It has free internet access in the rooms too. I'll definitely keep on using it as my Dublin airport hotel.

Noisiest hotel EVER!

by TripAdvisor Member katshif

I thought this hotel was going to be great--reasonable price, good restaurant with good prices, nice room, good shower, comfortable bed, nice staff. HOWEVER, we were on the first floor (one floor above lobby level) and the road noise was unbelievably loud. I would have thought there were not any windows with how loud it was. I was up almost all night. Plus the doors of the rooms and the bathroom doors closed automatically, and were exceptionally loud. Every time a door closed on our hallway it sounded like a gunshot. I could even hear the TV in the room next door so clearly that I could make out the words the actors were saying. The walls and windows are clearly made out of tissue paper but the doors are made out of steel to close so loudly. So only stay here if they put you on the highest floor and don't put anyone else on the floor because otherwise you will be up all night.

No Problems To Report

by TripAdvisor Member LovelyToulon_France

As far as i can see earlier bad reviews about this place are incorrect. I stayed here for two nights while visiting friends in Dublin and was surprised by the quality of the hotel and good nature of all staff. The room was spotless and had everything i needed, i didnt hear a thing from next door, breakfast was excellent with a great selection and although we did not have lunch or dinner in the hotel the atmosphere always seemed very inviting when we had a drink at night. The shuttle to the airport is great but beware it finishes at 10pm. All in all a great stay and we look forward to returning soon.

Wrong information cost me money

by TripAdvisor Member JAZZYLINA

The front of house staff informed me that the shuttle bus from and to the airport ran 24 hours a day but when I tried to arrange to get my partner collected at 10pm at night who was coming in from Belfast I was informed that the stuttle bus stopped at 9pm and the front desk receptionist had sent her driver home for the evening.
My partner had to pay 20 euros for a taxi from the airport which effectively made for an expensive overnight stay. When I complained to the staff she was very rude and stated that she had not told me the shuttle bus was operational 24 hours a day and that their was nothing she could do about it.
I chose the Day Inn after staying throughout the world in the same hotel with no problems but boy was I wrong.

Poor in comparison to competition

by TripAdvisor Member Buzz_7

Modern hotel with basic services but some major fundamental problems, rooms extremely small, constant buzzing from room card reader (that activates power), constant bright light from emergency light in room making sleeping difficult. Also when I stayed 8 out of 15 TV channels didn't work. Local airport hotels are much much better in everyway. This hotel has a long way to improve its offering

Comments