DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin - Burlington Road

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dublin - Burlington Road
Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Central Hotel for sights and temple bar

I had a two night stay here on business.

Excellent place to stay if someone else is buying or you get a good deal on the net. Bed and Breakfast was 114 Euros per night.

Excellent rooms and a very good hot and cold buffet breakfast.

Directions: Centrally located in Dublin City centre

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Going Condo

I was told by the tour guide that we would be one of the last to stay at this hotel because it was closing down and being remodeled as condos. Photos 2, 3 and 4 are of the room

Photo 5 is out the back window - my grandson thought the two dudes were maybe going to steal the car, so he took several photos of that.

This hotel is at a very isolated location across the river from the main part of Dublin. There is a bus line that goes from the center of the city to it.

When we arrived on June 6, I tried to log onto the internet from the room, and could not get the computer to connect even though I had paid for 24 hours of internet through the business center. Then I took the computer down to the business center (which is on our floor) and could not connect even when I used the LAN cable. Finally after i disabled the firewall, I managed to log on and get email.

June 7 - Since we had such a late night at Abbey Tavern (first photo from when we got back after the tour), we had a later wake-up call this morning. After breakfast, we went on the Dublin tour.

Unique Quality: I got the bus back from Trinity College, and got on the interent. When my grandson got back I was so sleepy I could hardly keep my eyes open, so I handed the computer over to him to do his my-space, and I took a nap. About 3, he and another guy from the tour went out and got pizza. Then he went to sleep.

I continued to be on the computer after he woke up, and about 2300, the internet time I had came to an end, so I said we had to pack to have the bags outside early in the morning as the bus was going to leave at 6:50 because some people had early flights.

June 8

The phone range at 5:45 and they wanted our bags - I thought it was 6:50, but that was when the bus left. My grandson hadn't bothered to get undressed - he slept in his clothes. So he put the bags out, and we went on down to breakfast. I asked about the internet charge to pay it, and the guy couldn't understand what I was talking about. Apparently in exasperation, he said he'd take it off the bill. But I just really wanted to know if they'd charged me more than once.

• globetrotter_2006's Profile Photo

Burlington Hotel

What ever you do, make sure you don't get a room in the back of the Hotel where the loading / unloading, glass recycling, and employees take breaks- very, very loud. This is Ireland's largest hotel, the Burlington has more experience of dealing with very big numbers efficiently and enjoyably than any other in the country. All bedrooms have been recently refurbished and banquets for huge numbers are not only catered for but can have a minimum choice of three main courses on all menus.

Unique Quality: Good facilities for business guests: a high proportion of bedrooms are designated executive, with ISDN lines, fax machines and air conditioning. Conference/banqueting

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

City Center Hotel

It has two restaurants plus a number of bars and lounges but in the surrounding area there are plenty of places where you can eat or get refreshments at prices very much lower then the hotel will charge. It is an ideal place for the tourist to stay being so central but is somewhat expensive although specials are offered with on-line bookings direct with the hotel.

Unique Quality: This is the largest hotel in the City with over 500 rooms and is ideally situated down town

Directions: Approx 12 Km from the airport. You can take the Aircoach located just outside the arrivals hall. These drop you outside the hotel for a cost of €6. A taxi will cost up to €25. Upper Leeson St is off Sussex road.

• Sprucebeer's Profile Photo

Luxury Hotel

4 star hotel and the price range is probably above average. I think you can also get discounts up to 70% for this hotel through the Jurys website (jurys.com). Again this hotel was included in the tour.

Unique Quality: The lobby and restaurant are very luxurious (in my opinion anyways). They often have Irish Cabaret shows.

Very comfy and clean, friendly staff. Hair dryer and iron/board in rooms. Comfortable tubs for those who like to take a bath and relax.

Directions: Georgian Dublin

• Avryle's Profile Photo

The Burlington

€190.00 (USD$165.00) per night for 2 twin beds.

Unique Quality: I didn't really find anything spectacular to set this hotel apart from any others that I've stayed in. In fact, I thought it was a bit overpriced for what it had to offer. It's located within a mile or two of most major sites in the city such as Trinity College and the National Gallery/Museum. The hotel does have a pretty good restaraunt (The Sussex) and bar (Buck Mulligans).

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

Burlington Hotel

Unique Quality: This 500 bed hotel has one small and one quite large bar and Annabel's nightclub which is open to the general public. The rooms are ensuite and boasts personal voice mail, dedicated fax lines, iron and ironing board, trouser press and hair drier.

More about Burlington Hotel

Very impressed

by TripAdvisor Member crissie37

We stayed at the Burlington with 5 other couples weekend 1st-3rd April. We all thought the Burlington was a wonderful hotel. Granted our rooms were on concierge level 6 but we found them to be of a very high standard. The sheets were white and crisp and were changed on a daily basis. The breakfast was outstanding and we found the surroundings enchanting. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend this lovely hotel.

Too far from City Center

After staying many times at the Central and Mont Clare, I was very disappointed by the Burlington's location. Although the staff was very cordial, the food was quite average and the room only adaquate.

pub and thrift shop recommendation

by jerseygirl3200

Hi! My family and I are going to be on a tour of Ireland. We're spending three to four days in Dublin. Can anyone recommend a couple of good pubs for us to check out? Also, I'm interested in looking in some thrift stores. We're staying at the Burlington Hotel. Are there any nearby? Thanks so much!

Re: pub and thrift shop recommendation

by orlikins

Please check my Dublin page for tips and recommendations.
There are not that many thrift shops in the city centre, but the Camden St and South Great Georges St areas are probably the best places to try.
Orla

Re: pub and thrift shop recommendation

by Academic

Ah, pubs, is it?

You don't say what sort of pub you're interested in; Dublin has pubs for every mood. You might want to visit www.dublinpubscene.com which has a very large (and somewhat searchable) database of pubs, many of which are reviewed.

Relatedly, if you're interested in the history of Guinness, you might want to visit the Guinness Storehouse, which is actually a museum of sorts. Some find it a bit touristy, and I suppose it is, but it's also quite educational, with regard both to the making of the stout and the history of the company. And a pint of the black stuff is included in the admission price (yes, they pull a very decent pint there).

Enjoy Dublin. It's a lovely town with lovely people.

Cheers,

Academic

Speak to us of Emailia.
--James Joyce, Finnegans Wake

Re: Re: pub and thrift shop recommendation

by jerseygirl3200

Thanks so much! I'll be sure to check you site. It would most likely be extremely helpful.

Thanks again!

Re: Re: pub and thrift shop recommendation

by jerseygirl3200

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm sure the Guiness Storehouse is a bit touristy, but that's okay with me. I will be a tourist after all. The history of the drink will surely be interesting.

Thanks again.