DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin - Burlington Road

Tags

Business Travel Historical Travel Theater Travel
See Amenities
vichatherly's Profile Photo

Central Hotel for sights and temple bar

by written on November 10, 2008

I had a two night stay here on business.

Excellent place to stay if someone else is buying or you get a good deal on the net. Bed and Breakfast was 114 Euros per night.

Excellent rooms and a very good hot and cold buffet breakfast.

Directions: Centrally located in Dublin City centre

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Going Condo

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 12, 2007

I was told by the tour guide that we would be one of the last to stay at this hotel because it was closing down and being remodeled as condos. Photos 2, 3 and 4 are of the room

Photo 5 is out the back window - my grandson thought the two dudes were maybe going to steal the car, so he took several photos of that.

This hotel is at a very isolated location across the river from the main part of Dublin. There is a bus line that goes from the center of the city to it.

When we arrived on June 6, I tried to log onto the internet from the room, and could not get the computer to connect even though I had paid for 24 hours of internet through the business center. Then I took the computer down to the business center (which is on our floor) and could not connect even when I used the LAN cable. Finally after i disabled the firewall, I managed to log on and get email.

June 7 - Since we had such a late night at Abbey Tavern (first photo from when we got back after the tour), we had a later wake-up call this morning. After breakfast, we went on the Dublin tour.

Unique Quality: I got the bus back from Trinity College, and got on the interent. When my grandson got back I was so sleepy I could hardly keep my eyes open, so I handed the computer over to him to do his my-space, and I took a nap. About 3, he and another guy from the tour went out and got pizza. Then he went to sleep.

I continued to be on the computer after he woke up, and about 2300, the internet time I had came to an end, so I said we had to pack to have the bags outside early in the morning as the bus was going to leave at 6:50 because some people had early flights.

June 8

The phone range at 5:45 and they wanted our bags - I thought it was 6:50, but that was when the bus left. My grandson hadn't bothered to get undressed - he slept in his clothes. So he put the bags out, and we went on down to breakfast. I asked about the internet charge to pay it, and the guy couldn't understand what I was talking about. Apparently in exasperation, he said he'd take it off the bill. But I just really wanted to know if they'd charged me more than once.

globetrotter_2006's Profile Photo

Burlington Hotel

by written on February 27, 2006

What ever you do, make sure you don't get a room in the back of the Hotel where the loading / unloading, glass recycling, and employees take breaks- very, very loud. This is Ireland's largest hotel, the Burlington has more experience of dealing with very big numbers efficiently and enjoyably than any other in the country. All bedrooms have been recently refurbished and banquets for huge numbers are not only catered for but can have a minimum choice of three main courses on all menus.

Unique Quality: Good facilities for business guests: a high proportion of bedrooms are designated executive, with ISDN lines, fax machines and air conditioning. Conference/banqueting

PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

City Center Hotel

by written on November 10, 2005

It has two restaurants plus a number of bars and lounges but in the surrounding area there are plenty of places where you can eat or get refreshments at prices very much lower then the hotel will charge. It is an ideal place for the tourist to stay being so central but is somewhat expensive although specials are offered with on-line bookings direct with the hotel.

Unique Quality: This is the largest hotel in the City with over 500 rooms and is ideally situated down town

Directions: Approx 12 Km from the airport. You can take the Aircoach located just outside the arrivals hall. These drop you outside the hotel for a cost of €6. A taxi will cost up to €25. Upper Leeson St is off Sussex road.

Sprucebeer's Profile Photo

Luxury Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 26, 2003

4 star hotel and the price range is probably above average. I think you can also get discounts up to 70% for this hotel through the Jurys website (jurys.com). Again this hotel was included in the tour.

Unique Quality: The lobby and restaurant are very luxurious (in my opinion anyways). They often have Irish Cabaret shows.

Very comfy and clean, friendly staff. Hair dryer and iron/board in rooms. Comfortable tubs for those who like to take a bath and relax.

Directions: Georgian Dublin

Avryle's Profile Photo

The Burlington

by written on September 12, 2002

€190.00 (USD$165.00) per night for 2 twin beds.

Unique Quality: I didn't really find anything spectacular to set this hotel apart from any others that I've stayed in. In fact, I thought it was a bit overpriced for what it had to offer. It's located within a mile or two of most major sites in the city such as Trinity College and the National Gallery/Museum. The hotel does have a pretty good restaraunt (The Sussex) and bar (Buck Mulligans).

DUNK67's Profile Photo

Burlington Hotel

by written on August 25, 2002

Unique Quality: This 500 bed hotel has one small and one quite large bar and Annabel's nightclub which is open to the general public. The rooms are ensuite and boasts personal voice mail, dedicated fax lines, iron and ironing board, trouser press and hair drier.

Nearby DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin - Burlington Road

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Dublin Travel Forum

Need advice about Dublin, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Dublin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dublin hotel reviews

Themed Pubs
Elephant & Castle
Dun Laoghaire
Off The Beaten Path
General Comments
Favorites
Butlers Chocolate Cafe