Dublin City Centre Apartments

Mabbot Lane, c/o Browns Hotel, 89 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin, County Dublin, Dublin, 1, Ireland
AMOMA.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Dublin

the entrance to the jailthe entrance to the jail

Dublin tourist officeDublin tourist office

Dublin CrestDublin Crest

Air Coach stop - Merrion SquareAir Coach stop - Merrion Square

French books

by Dseaman

Who best will order books from France and hold them for my arrival from USA in Jauary?

by jonellis

Sorry, this is a Travel Forum. Why should a travel forum have anything to do with ordering books ?

by leics

I suggest you contact some Dublin bookshops directly and see if they would do this for you. Google 'dublin bookshops' and you'll find several e.g. http://www.eason.ie/

It won't be the ordering which may pose the problem but the holding of books until your arrival.

by tango_jd

Yeah - J beat me to it but I would go with one of the big chains. Might be worth a phone call to explain.....

Waterstone's Dublin Jervis Centre
15-16 The Jervis Centre
Dublin
Tel: 00 353 1 878 1 311
E-mail: manager@dublin-jervis.waterstones.com
Site: http://www.waterstones.com

by annemariebyrne

I'd suggest Books Upstairs at 36, College Green, Dublin 2. Tel: +353 1 679 6687
Unfortunately their website is closed for redevelopment but you can email them at info@booksirish.com

Travel Tips for Dublin

Passport control

by christine.j

I didn't know where to place this tip, so I chose the general section. We were six people in our group, two with an EU ID card and four with a US passport. After arriving on Dublin airport, we had to spilt for the passport control.

The EU queue moved very fast and soon we were waiting for the Americans. They had queued up at differents counters. The eleven-year-old boy was the first to come, then his 14-year-old sister. We had to wait a bit for the 17-year old and then we waited quite a long time for the 19-year-old. He was asked lots of questions about his stay in Ireland.

Later in the hotel we discovered that the eleven-year-old had been given six months in Ireland, his sister had got four weeks and the two others had only got 4 days each. I suppose it really depends on the immigration officer, how much time in Ireland a tourist is given.

Take a daytrip to the Wicklow...

by kathycollins

Take a daytrip to the Wicklow Mountains. The area has some of the most beautiful gardens you've ever seen - within a short drive of dublin! Driving thru this area can take some time but its beautiful! We were driving thru the mountains in a heavy misty fog - you couldn't see more than a few feet ahead...We were looking for Powerscourt gardens. Finally we saw a sign indicating we were within 3 km of our goal. Driving on thru the mist, we drove, and drove, and drove...til we saw a sign for Dublin again! We missed our turn off for Powerscourt and in the fog came down the other side of the mountain approaching Dublin.
After a full day visiting gardens in the rain we spent the evening in the town of Avoca of Ballykissangel fame.

Dublin Slang

by zone_de_guerre

Just a couple of phrases you might come across (I have been known to use these as I am a Dub myself orginally!)

Story Bud ? - Hello
Aul one/Aul fella - Father/Mother
Offo - Off Licence
Jaysus - said when surprised at something
Yizzer - used when addressing someone , means yoou or you plural. Can be said as a question by raising the tone of the voice ,eg Yizzer going to the shops? or as a statement Yizzer bladdered (drunk!)
Bladdered/Hammered/Stocious/Twisted/Locked/Pissed/Out of me tree/fecked - drunk (lots more terms for the same thing that I cannot print here!)
Holliers - Holidays
Young one/young fella - young woman/man
Alroight - another way of saying hello or asking if someone is ok My fondest memory, seen as I am out in the bleedin place every weekend I have loads !

Trinity College

by Mandy23

see Trinity College & Book of Kells - It was founded in 1592 by Elizabeth I. It is Ireland's most prestigious university and its distinguished campus attracts thousands of visitors each year. The major attraction at Trinity is the exquisitely decorated illuminated manuscript, the Book of Kells, which dates from 800AD. The book has had quite a troubled history: raided by Vikings, looted, stolen, and finally defaced by Queen Victoria. It contains 340 folios which illustrate the four New Testament gospels. My friend loves to visit places like that, so there you go. But I have to admit I enjoyed it too, was quite interesting to see the Book of Kells and this big long room of the Old Library was also impressive with all it's antiquarian books.

visit Dublin Castle. When I...

by kathycollins

visit Dublin Castle. When I first saw it I was disappointed in its un-castle-like aspects, but the interior is beautiful. After touring, I looked again at the outside, and found it really does retain some castle-like qualities.

Comments