Dublin Skylon Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• mypriority's Profile Photo

Skylon Hotel

Skylon Hotel is one of good hotels in Dublin. Good for people who wants to be near the airport (only 10 minutes away).

Euro 90 a night.

• RitchiS1's Profile Photo

Jurys Skylon Hotel Dublin...

Jurys Skylon Hotel Dublin
    UPPER DRUMCONDA ROAD , DUBLIN 9

Phone.: +353 1 837 9121
    FAX : +353 1 837 2778
    from 92 EURO ( excluding Breakfast )

Directions: The Hotel is located a little bit outside fron the centre of DUBLIN .
    You walk about 30 minutes to the centre but you can also take the bus , there is a busstation near the hotel

More about Dublin Skylon Hotel

absolutly brilliant!

I was the organiser of a girly weekend for myself and 2 friends.
After alot of trawling through hundreds of different web sites for 'cheap accomodation' i suprisingly stumbled upon the Skylon.
I could not believe that the Skylon came up as a result of my search for cheap accomodation judging by the photos online, and when i enquired about the price, was even more shocked.
It worked out that between 3 of us for a 2 night stay it was £18 each!
I thought surely there must have been some kind of mistake, however on arrival was charged just that!
The hotel its self was absolutley brilliant and the staff made our stay even more worth while.
Our room was great, spacious, clean, tidy and fitted with modern appliances that you would find at home.
I have never stayed any where with as good standards as the Skylon, and will definatly be returning.
Thanks for making our first of many visits to Ireland unforgettable.

Best Stay in Dublin

I was over in Dublin working in a project for 3 months. This was probably the best hotel i stayed in for the price i paid. The room just oozed class, clean, good bed and bathroom. I cannot explain how good my stay was.

Great stopover

by TripAdvisor Member themooch

Spent one night at the Skylon before a flight the following morning.

Booked it as we got a great deal on the internet and it's across the road from 'breaks' snooker club which holds regular texas hold em poker nights and my travelling companion fancied a hand before his holidays!!!

I was very pleasantly suprised by this hotel it boasts fantastic staff, who were chatty and helpful both late at night and early the following morning.

Spotless modern room, although the bathroom was a wee bit on the small size.

Best ever fry-up for breakfast which set us up perfectly for our flight.

Have stayed in dublin many times before always driving past the Skylon to stay in city centre hotels but will consider it for a dublin weekend break in future. The bus stop is right outside the hotel to the city centre and the hotel had ample car parking.

Paid 59 Euro booking on the hotels web site for a double room including breakfast for two people which was fantastic value.

Too expensive, needs updating

by TripAdvisor Member JB_WorldTravelers

We only spent one night here before a return flight home. Three of us shared a triple room for 89 euro per night. There were three single beds, two of them matched, the other was shorter and the mattress very worn. Various stains and hairs on the bedspreads and linens. We also found what we thought was a dead flea on one of the them. They did have very nice feather/down pillows though.

They have installed nice LCD televisions but we could only manage to find two channels. There was no remote control. There was an alarm clock but some of the buttons did not work.

The bathrooms get just a passing grade. There was plenty of very hot water. Black ring around the edge of the sink, needed to be recaulked.

This hotel is in a mediocre location, on the main road between the airport and the city center. Given this location, it is vastly overpriced, even in a city as expensive as Dublin. On that note I'll conclude as a caution that dining in Dublin is on par with the UK -- terrible. Very little selection and, again, hugely overpriced. Mostly pub grub and some other holes in the wall.

I would definitely recommend choosing a Jurys hotels anywhere in Dublin instead. The Jurys Inn on Parnell Street was a great experience for us.

Don't Do It!!!

by TripAdvisor Member KAG&SJG

I was in a group of 6 visiting Dublin for a long weekend. we booked it because it was cheap. The hotel looks terrible from outside but the reception and restaurant area you see when you walk in look contemporary.

Myself and my husband were first shown to room 118 which hadn't been cleaned so we were moved to 121. This room was right next to some kind of generator which was on 24/7. This meant neither of us got a decent night sleep which really affected our whole stay.

Some friends we were with booked a twin room. The first 2 they were shown had just 1 single bed in so a member of staff took them into every room on the 4th floor (even those with people in) to find a suitable one.

Our room was boiling hot and the radiator knob had no markings so we couldn't be sure if we were turning it up or not. There were bars outside the window meaning it couldn't be opened more than an inch.

The bathroom needed updating. Although it was clean, the bath seemed small, the sink wasn't fitted properly and the grout between the tiles had gone brown.

Other smaller things disappointed us - eg no milk for tea/coffee, tv remote control barely worked, noisy housekeeping staff at 8am on a sunday. On the saturday night, there was a band playing in the bar directly below the room. I could hear the music until gone midnight.

We booked through opodo and didn't realise it was room only meaning we spent an extra €60 on breakfast.

Location isn't brilliant as it's halfway between the city centre and the airport and on a very busy main road. It's too far to walk into the city so you have to get the bus (about 20 mins).

This hotel classes itself as a 3* but I have stayed in much better 2* hotels.

Below Terrible..

Well, the title of the review says it all! My husband was sent to Dublin for work, so I thought I would join him for a nice getaway! Needless to say, the hotel is beyond poor. The staff were unfriendly and not helpful one bit. The rooms we found were dirty and very outdated. In the breakfast area, the food was average (considering the cost-but then we found that the whole of Ireland is just a rip off!-that is another story!), and the plates were dirty as well...don't listen to the other reviews that say it is excellent, they obviously work for McEnniff Skylon Hotel..don't go there!

Hmmm ok - just

by TripAdvisor Member buncey47

Also stayed in room 121 and I agree with everthing the previous review said. The generator was very loud at times. There were several niggily things that turned what should have been a reasonable stay into battle.
* Coffee / milk on first day but never replaced.
* Carpet not vacuumed - I found alot of someones hair.
* Towels stained.
* TV Report did not work ( still !)
* Printer on computer lobby ran out of ink and nobody care that I couldn't print some important documents.
Incidently the internet rate here was 7.50 euros an hour. There are dozens of internet cafes that charged 1 euro an hour - save your money.

By far the worst problem was the noise in the morning. All the laundry was bought in on level 1 about 7.30 am on very loud trolleys. One morning I was in the shower and the hot water turned up by itself. Whilst trying to escape I slipped over ( no bath mat) - my husband didn't hear the noise over the noise in the corrider !

Had breakfast one day 13.50 Euros. Nothing special and by 9.00 not much choice.

Bus took 20/ 30 mins into Dublin depending on traffic. Too long to pop back during the day. From Definatly worth getting a bus rambeler pass. Not sure about the Dublin Pass - we only just got our moneys worth. Most museums are free any way.

This hotel would be ok if you can get a cheap deal, avoid the first floor, get up early, and don't eat here. Dublin itself is a fantastic city and should not be missed - especially the Guiness Store house and Old Jameson Whiskey Distellary.

Never again

I have just returned from a weekend trip to dublin where I was catching up with friends and family. My parents also stayed at the Skylon hotel and they had a better expreience than myself, but only just!

Apon check in we encountered problems as the reception staff could not locate our booking. However this was eventually solved when I presented all my booking confirmation details.

We retired to our rooms as it was quite late and attempted some sleep, however the walls are paper thin and every noise from the adjacent room could be heard. Apon waking we discovered the TV and hairdryer didnt work and there was also blood on the bathroom door and one of the walls. Also one of the radiators which was on the wall at one time was now placed in the wardrobe!!!!

When we complained to reception we were moved to another room. Allegedly the best twin room on the floor!!!! However this was really no better. Again the hairdryer didnt work, neither did the iron or the hot water tap in the bathroom and the shower only worked when the cold water was ran for a considerable amount of time. At this point we felt there really was no point in complaining further as we were in the best room!!!! and we only had one more night to stay.

Breakfast was another performance, everything was very disorganised and rough. We told to sit down outside the breakfast area and they would get to us when a table became free. There were plently of free tables however none had been cleaned since the previous occupatnts. People who had not first checked in with the staff and sat at a table were told to move back outside and wait until they were called!!! it was all a bit holiday campish. Not really a three star service.
As I said my parents also stayed at the hotel and their room was marginally better, well at least everything worked. But the hotel in short was a dissapointment, very shabby accomadation. Definetly NOT a three star hotel and we will not being returning to stay there.

Comments