Dylan

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Dylan

Absolutely Loved the Dylan

by TripAdvisor Member shoegal42

Just come back from a fantastic 3 night stay at the Dylan hotel with my boyfriend. Initially we really struggled to choose somewhere to stay in Dublin, mainly due to the lack of choice available at the particular time we where going and to be honest the cost of some the hotels and what they were offering. I have to say that initially I thought the Dylan was going to be too expensive for a weekend away, but the reviews and the hotel website won me over. And I am SOOOO glad!!

The Dylan is pure luxury, the room was fabulous with all the added extras you can imagine and want from a hotel. The best thing about the whole stay was definitely the 7th Heaven bed; I couldn’t sleep properly in my own one when I got home!!! The heated floor in the bathroom was another favourite of mine! There were also little touches, like the turn down service, which always left you a bottle of water each and a little chocolate that made the stay special. The mini bar also has some surprises if you so wish!

The Dylan’s location is to be fair a good 10 minutes walk to St Stephens Green and Grafton Street, but a lovely walk after the also fabulous breakfasts at the Dylan. Although I would agree with some other reviewers that the breakfast is a tad expensive, however ours was included in the price and the service was impeccable.

The hotel bar was jumping on both the Friday and Saturday nights and is clearly a place to be seen in.

Overall as you can read, if you are looking for a luxurious and contemporary hotel, with fabulous service and all the little touches that make your stay extra special in Dublin then the Dylan is the place for you.

Love Dyaln - will be back n

by TripAdvisor Member M-and-007

Stayed at the Dyaln in February with my partner for 2 nights, it is a sanctuary of peace, sophistication and epitome of class, special mention to Fiona for ensuring that we had a wonderful stay.

From the moment you arrive to when you leave you are welcomed by a professional, efficient team of dedicated staff who go above and beyond what you would normally expect to find in a smaller boutique hotel...everything about the place is perfection...we stayed in a style room...fabulously luxurious...heated flooring...ipod...plasma screen tv...and the beds are definitely to die for!

Eating in the restaurant is also a must...as the food is among some of the best that we have eaten...the service again is excellent...Couldn't fault it and the bar is destined to be amongst one of the best in Dublin...

...Only one fault...the people leaving the bar (and smokers outside) have a tendency to be fairly noisy and not always courteous to residents - earplugs in and not a problem...

...Would recommend to anyone...we will be back...

Finally, a good boutique hotel in Dublin

by TripAdvisor Member Pincut

This hotel is pretty fancy for Dublin. I grew up in Dublin and remember when fancy meant tinned peaches for dessert. I travel back a lot and normally stay at The Clarence, The Morrison or The Westin. The Dylan is totally different to these - or any other hotel in Dublin. Original, grown-up; the people who run it have paid real attention to the details, right down to the cutlery in the restaurant. Someone has spent a lot of money on making this hotel, and it is a quality product. Friendly staff, who are super-attentive, but not in an irritating way; great amenities in the rooms; pretty funky common areas; clean, fresh and modern; and it is located in a beautiful part of Dublin, which is an easy 10 minute walk to town, but nowhere near the vomit and kebabs of Temple Bar. This place is definitely going to be my home from home in Dublin!

Nice room, poor restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member Mannfred

My wife and I stayed over one night in the Dylan and its indeed a stylish well apointed property with nice room and well thought out design. The bed was great, and we did not have the noise issue suffered by other guests in this review.

However, the restaurant was another matter. At front of house the stay were pleasent and helpful, however the food was a big disapointment. My wife had red mullet which arrived over cooked, dry and tastless. When we complained a staff member returned and suggest "that's how chef always cooks red mullet" - a replacement was brought which was edible. but disapointing. My beef fillet was an excellent piece of meet but absolutely picked in salt, which impacted the dining experience. The starters were passable, but barely just, with an overpowering duck jus reduction on the fois grois that. once again. overpowered the dish - again we gave this feedback but nothing was done.

Im summary, this is a delightful boutique hotel with a nice bar and smoking area, but eat elsewhere.

Fantastic staff, brilliant hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sheilaontour

Being a Dub myself I have stayed in many places in the city, however this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff just could not do enough for you, extremely helpful and with a great sense of humour. Hip hotel with a great bar for people watching - don't think about staying anywhere else in Dublin - go on treat yourself, you're worth it!

Great Hotel Only one bad experience

by TripAdvisor Member a.schweiz1234

Stayed at the Dylan and i have to say that it was a experience, Loved it. Stayed there for four nights from the 6th of March till the 10th of march and everything was what i expected there are only a few grumbles that i could outline:
1. turndown was a little short of good as they knocked on the door asking if they could turn down the room when they knew that we were going out as we booked a taxi with the reception team, just maybe that they could have checked with reception wheather we were going to be going out or not as this performance happend twice and both times we booked taxis to go out.
2. asking the concierge to book a table at a good resturant in the local area we went for his reccomondation and unforunallty this is not a great experience as this was a pretty adismal experience as it was our last night and we wanted something nice but in the Local area, maybe they need to brush up on local knowledge.

But overall would reccomend anyone to stay here as it was extremly good.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DuffyMoon88

We had a 3 day visit to Dublin & this hotel and found it to be a great stay. Staff extremely helpful thoughout, from pre trip recommendations on restaurants to visit (which we had a good experience with unlike a previous reviewer, luck of the draw maybe), to arranging for a couple of gifts to be set up in the room for my partner on arrival.

The hotel is very modern throughout without losing a 'friendly' relaxed feeling & we found their restaurant and bar facilities worth a visit.

As previous reviewers have said, this hotel is slightly out of the centre of town, but just a short 10/15 minute stroll which was no bother & would be a very quick taxi ride - it was worth this small inconvenience for the quality of the stay I thought.

One tip - the breakfast is v expensive but almost directly opposite the hotel is a great little cafe which serves excellent cooked breakfasts (seems to also do a v good trade in lunches & evening meals too), so unless you are on business/expenses, this is a convenient and cheaper alternative.

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lisawinslet

I stayed with my parter here as a suprise for 1 night. The hotel was clean, and modern, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The room was absolutley fantastic, with the comfiest bed I have ever slept in! The bathroom was pure luxury, I particularly liked the shower and heated floor tiles.
I had a small problem with getting a refund but back onto my card, after a deposit had been taken, but the staff were very obliging and sent me a cheque in the post. I would definately stay here again, and would recomend anyone to this hotel.

Excellent service shame about the room

by TripAdvisor Member marcella22

This is a glam boutique hotel where the service is excellent they really do look after you which is to be expected from any hotel in this day and age but alas does not always happen!
its 25- 30 min walk to Grafton street
However our only quibble was the room for 245euro you could not swing a cat in it . It was uncomfortable due to its size on getting out of bed u had to bend sideways to avoid cracking toes on a chair
The bathroom great sized shower which lacked pressure and a sink where there was no room to leave vanity/wash bag so u use the floor!! For me it was not enough to declare good toiletres, under floor heating etc if the room is so darn small it takes away from it all.
I would compare this hotel to the Hoxton in london in terms of location and similar design with the Dylan been more wallpaper pinks and greens boudoir chic alas with smaller rooms its in nice area outside city centre with trendy eatiers nearby which I believe 245 euro was 2 over priced if they lower their rack rate they might just corner a niche market in Dublin ie; why stay here when I can be bang in centre of city for a few dollars more!!!!
I have paid this amount and less for 5 star hotels with lavish rooms, everything laid on...

airport to hotel

by nomadNY

hello!

i am arriving in dublin soon and need to get from the airport to the dylan hotel (http://www.dylan.ie/). what would be the easiest and cheapest options?

difficult after a red eye?

thanks!

by Roadquill

The airport is relatively small and as you head out there are several buses that go to various parts of the city. They are fairly helpful in assisting you pick the right bus. We ended up with a taxi due to the timing of our trip as there was a ton of traffic. Have a Guiness for me. Karl

by annemariebyrne

You could get the Aircoach (blue, single-decker, you need the Leopardstown service))to The Schoolhouse Hotel, walk along Northumberland Road, turn right up St Mary's Road, the Dylan Hotel will be straight in front of you, the walk will take about five minutes. Depending on your fitness after the flight and the amount of luggage you bring it may be easier to take a taxi!

by annemariebyrne

Forgot to add: Fare on the Aircoach to your destination is €8 single or €14 return. It is very difficult to estimate taxi fares in Dublin but I'd estimate at least €30 each way. AM

by nomadNY

thanks everyone!

by annemariebyrne

Just want to add that St Mary's Rd is the second turn right as you walk along Northumberland Rd from the School House bus stop, and on reflection could take about ten minutes to walk to the Dylan. AM

Comments