Egan's House

juzz's Profile Photo

A good accomodation

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 11, 2008

I stayed at egans house for two days and I liked my stay very much. I had a double room, it was cleen and with privat toilet, perhaps it was too narrow but it was really the only bad thing I could find in it.
In the room I found TV, hairdrier, clean towels, soaps and shampoo, a boiler, tea and nescafe. It's not everywhere like this so I like to clarify that they clean the rooms everyday, leaving clean towels and new tea bags.
My plane landed late at night and I could arrive there at night without any problem, I only had to tell them in advance.
Breakfast were good and abundant, served buffet style till 10.30 in the morning. Even if I am not used to Ireland breakfast, with bacon, beans and eggs, I have to admit that I enjoyed it. There were also yogurt, juices, toasted bread, butter, marmelades, coffee, milk and so on.

Unique Quality: As I said I especially appreciated the breakfast and the room, clean and daily furnished.

Directions: 5 m inutes walking distance from Drumcondra bus and train station. I arrived at night and I had to take a taxi, it costed 17 something from the airport and the driver knew the place.

irelands best

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 14, 2005

We stayed at the egans guest house could not fault the hotel we all found the staff helpful .
the rooms were warm and clean
the breakfast was fantastic plenty to eat for any body good selection to be had

Unique Quality: no noise at night
close to city centre

gomexico's Profile Photo

Good Lodging Choice for Dublin

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 25, 2005

After visiting family in Co. Longford over the New Year's holiday, I spent 5 days in Dublin. It's been a long time since staying overnight in Dublin and I was uncertain about just where to stay.

I'd thought of staying in one of the city centre hostels, but changed my mind when I contemplated weekend revelers wandering home in the early a.m. Also, I didn't want to stay in the heart of the city, and I didn't want to pay the high price of hotels for a single room (traveling single, I was).

I found Egan's listed here and elsewhere and chose it, and was more than happy with the choice. The price was about US$50 for an excellent, but small, room with great bed, excellent heat (sometimes rare in Dublin), fantastic marble bath and hot water shower, coffee maker, iron and board, Cable TV, etc.

Unique Quality: The house is located in a middle-class residential area that's a 15 minute bus ride from the heart of the city. Take away restaurants are nearby, and there's an all-night bus route two blocks away. Pubs and other businesses are close by, too.

A breakfast is included in the room price, and it's fantastic - an all-you-can-eat deal, with things for anyone's diet. Two large sitting rooms are in the house (actually three connected houses), the staff was helpful and nice, and free newspapers are available daily. There's also a high-speed internet connection available for €3 per hour.

When I left I walked three blocks and caught a city bus that took me right to the airport departure terminal, for about €1.80 (you can also make the trip from airport to the hotel as easily).

Directions: Glasnevin is a neighborhood a 15 minute ride by city bus, or a leisurely 30-minute walk from O'Connell Street.

Nearby Egan's House

Amenities at Egan's House

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Dublin Travel Forum

Need advice about Dublin, Ireland? Visit the Travel Forum for Dublin and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dublin hotel reviews

Sandymount
Johnnie Fox's
Guinness Brewery
Favorites
General Comments
Favorites
Beshoff's Restaurant