23-24 Wellington Quay, Dublin, County Dublin, 2, Ireland

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 89% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Nice views of the River Liffey

My husband, our two sons (aged 2 years and 5 months) and I stayed at the Eliza Lodge for two nights beginning on April 12. We had a small but clean and modern triple room with a huge bay window overlooking the River Liffey. This is a lodge so there is not a large staff but the staff we met were mostly pleasant and helpful. There is a lift but you have to walk up about 8 stairs to reach it, so it is not the best choice if you have small children or someone who is disabled. The breakfast is average, and the breakfast staff don't seem to be morning people, but the restaurant is definitely clean and also has nice views with lots of windows. The location is great, on the river and right at the heart of Temple Bar. I would recommend this hotel for young singles or couples who want to be in the thick of things in Temple Bar.

Unique Quality: beautiful views of the River Liffey, great location in the heart of Temple Bar

Directions: On the River Liffey at the Millennium Bridge.

• ernie01's Profile Photo

Room with a view

We recently stayed at "The Eliza Lodge" (Upstairs from Eliza Blues). We had the corner "Penthouse Suite" and we enjoyed it a great deal. Calling the Eliza a "luxury hotel" (as they do on their dublinlodge.com webpage) may be streching it a bit but they don't cost as much as The Clarence or The Morgan, and the view from our room at the Eliza is the best I've found in Dublin. Two entire walls of the room are glass and there is a small wrap around patio outside where you can sip coffee in the morning, or a beer at the end of a night as you watch and listen to the sights and sounds of Dublin.
    Room size is cozy,facilities were clean and modern. Staff is cheerful and responsive, but service is more like a guesthouse than a luxury Hotel. (They're happy to send an extra towel if you ask,but don't expect turn down service or a mint on the pillow.)
    I would recomend this Hotel, especialy this room , to my friends.

Unique Quality: It's really all about the view. It's right on the river at the Millinium Foot Bridge. You can see a mile or more both up and down the River. If you're a shutterbug (like me) you'll want to spend time on the patio with your camera.

Directions: On The River,at the Millinium Bridge, near Temple Bar

• mkvalya's Profile Photo

perfect hotel!

i came back this afternoon after 4 nights at eliza lodge...it was simply perfect!
    we had a penthouse room (number 400) with 3 big windows with an amazing view on the river. the room was quite big, very very clean;
    staff was nice and helpful, this morning we had to leave very soon (at 4 a.m.) and the man of the night-shift was so kind to give us 4 croissants to eat on the aircoach.

breakfast was good, enough, my husband had irish breakfast me cappuccino and croissants with preserves. all good.

the area ...it's IN the temple bar, around the corner of everything.
    5 min far from the bus stop to to airport. 2 min far from the luas to reach jameson distillery or all the other part of the city like connelly station to change with dart.
    around the corner you find restaurants and pubs.
    on the river side there are some internet points.

at the 1st level, near the sitting room for guests (with books, and radio), there is a bathroom with a jacuzzi.

you enter the hotel not on the river side, but around the corner, using the card of your room.

i'll stay here again for sure!

Unique Quality: The view from the penthouse room.

Directions: in the temple bar, in front of millennium bridge.

More about Eliza Lodge

Dublin Ireland 2009

by chrissie611

We went to Dublin for the St. Patrick's Day weekend and stayed in the Temple Bar area at Eliza Lodge. Great location to stay for nightlife and central place for touring Dublin. We walked to Trinity College, Dublin Castle, Christ Church Cathedral, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Grafton Street, etc. Felt very safe and comfortable. We also did a quick trip up the coast to Howth --- about 25 minutes by DART. Howth was a nice change from the bustle of Dublin --- a quiet few hours on the Irish Sea was wonderful!

Good craic and value at the Eliza!

by TripAdvisor Member CapeKim

My husband and I stayed at the Eliza Lodge for two nights during a two week trip to Ireland and Denmark in September, 2006. The guesthouse is perfectly situated in the Temple Bar area right at the Millenium Bridge on the River Liffey, and within easy walking distance to most of the Dublin attractions: Grafton Street, shopping on O'Connell Street, Trinity College, historical buildings, the pubs and restaurants of Temple Bar, etc. The clerks at the check-in area were very nice and accomodating, helping us with bus information, etc. The room was a bit on the small side, like most other hotel rooms in big cities we've stayed in, eg: New York, but clean and comfortable. We loved the picture window overlooking the river and being able to see all the street action. The location is not a quiet one at night however, so you will hear some noise from partiers in the street below with the windows open. Breakfast at the restaurant (included in the price of the room) was very good both mornings. I would definitely recommend the Eliza Lodge as a clean, comfortable and attractive though not fantastically elegant, budget-friendly place to stay while in Dublin.

Good Location...BUT that is it!

by TripAdvisor Member Jo-T-Travel

After reading the wonderful reviews online and in Frommers, I booked 2 nights at Eliza Lodge and stayed there last week. To say the least, the hotel did not live up to my expectations. The rooms are TINY and outdated, the sheets/bedding were hospital quality, and the walls/doors are paper thin. Overall I felt that the room was not thoroughly cleaned and were grimmy. Now to be fair, the location is right in the middle of Temple Bar which is a great area. However, there are other hotels within the Temple Bar area that are of better quality that I would look into booking. Happy hotel hunting and enjoy Dublin-- it's a wonderful city!

Stay in a Penthouse and still feel like family

by TripAdvisor Member phang

The Eliza Lodge is simply the most accommodating, most centrally located, and happiest place to stay in Dublin.

There may be cheaper, but there is not any better hotel, we think. The bedroom we had was a corner penthouse overlooking the Liffey River, the Temple Bar only a block around the corner. The bathroom was shower-only, but the room was a good size, with all amenities (iron, tea, cable TV, trouser press...)

The staff, however, makes this place. We travelled during the period when all the rules for carry-ons changed, and the Eliza helped us stow bags for a couple of days when we simply had no idea what to do. They are forthcoming with help on tourism, dining, hefting bags around, and you name it.

The restaurant is great, and you get a discount if you are a guest. The breakfast is also servied there, and is generous.

perfect hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member mkvalya

the area ...it's IN the temple bar, around the corner of everything.
around the corner you find restaurants and pubs.
on the river side there are some internet points.

i'll stay here again for sure!

Best Location for Temple Bar night time fun

by TripAdvisor Member monaghme

My husband and two kids ages 10 and 12 stayed here just one night prior to our departure from Ireland. There isn't a lobby, just a small room near the elevator to check in. Once checked in your room key allows you to enter hotel from street using the card.

I found the room comfortable and overall pretty clean (although the cracks and crevices could have used some scrubbing in the bathroom). Provided were: ironing board, hair dryer and coffee/tea area, desk, etc.. We had room 300 which was the corner room with a great view of the Liffey. We had a king bed and a twin (which I got!). Although it was loud at night, I didn't have a problem sleeping once we shut the windows and curtains.

We paid 228 euros for the four of us which included breakfast. I do have to say that they had the ABSOLUTE BEST SHOWER I had while in Ireland. I never wanted to get out. We all wished we had two nights in the area...it was so alive and fun. The kids enjoyed the street peformers just two blocks away and although we didn't "enjoy" the bars because we were with the kids, we had fun people watching, shopping and just sightseeing. We parked just a few blocks away in Trinity Car Park. Beware though we tried to leave at 10 a.m. on a Sunday morning and the garage was locked till 11 a.m. I had never heard of a parking garage closing at all. The sign posted with the pricing said we'd have to pay 34 euros but when we paid it charged us only 12 euros so that wasn't too bad. I don't recommend driving in Dublin but it wasn't as bad as I feared. Actually Sunday morning it was very quiet on the roads. Saturday night was a little more tricky. Will stay here again on our next visit to Dublin. When in Dublin visit Kilmainham Gaol (jail)...it was very interesting and probably less than 10 minutes from Eliza Lodge.

fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member rebeccadiane

stayed at the hotel december 2005, booked again for 2006 cannot fault the hotel fab location, excellent staff, would not stay anywhere else, from the minute we got there to the minute we left service was 100%

Eliza Lodge - Wellington Quay - Dublin

by mkvalya

hoe is this hotel?
is it clean?
a lot of noise due to traffic ?

and above all..standard room are very small? have you any photos?

thanks for all info

RE: Eliza Lodge - Wellington Quay - Dublin

by orlikins

Have no idea about the quality/interiors of the hotel. I can't comment on a place I never stayed in.

What I can tell you with regards to location is that Wellington quay is right in the city centre, so if your room is overlooking the river/front of the building, you'll hear the full force of the traffic, pedestrians and tourists. Of course you could ask them if the walls are soundproofed, I don't knwo if they are :)

RE: RE: Eliza Lodge - Wellington Quay - Dublin

by mkvalya

no reviews complain about traffic ...so...i hope i could sleep well :)

don't you know neither its restaurant eliza blues?
thx, ciao