Express By Holiday Inn Dublin Airport

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Arann's Profile Photo

Does the job....

This was the first hotel I've ever stayed in during my life so far. If all hotels are like this, then I will be quite happy.

The rooms were spacious, warm and the cot I was provided with was a new large blue Graco one. My father said it looked more like a 'baby prison', but what does he know ?

Unique Quality: The lobby area is unusually convivial for a hotel of this type. The pub off to the side and the bar at the rear means that you can bring your drinks across and have some good craic. This also means (being a hotel lobby) that I can stay around after 9pm, the normal kicking out time for children.

My parents were also impressed with the extensive carvery that served a good three course meal with coffee for under 25 euro.

Directions: On the approach to the terminal. 24hr shuttle service available.

More about Express By Holiday Inn Dublin Airport

Perfect Airport Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travelread

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for one night on our way home as we has a morning flight out of Dublin Airport. It was perfect for an inexpensive airport hotel. The whole hotel is new and very clean. The rooms are very basic but have everything you need for one night. The bed was small but comfortable. We took the shuttle twice (had to return a rental car the night before) and it was on time and took about 10-15 minutes. FYI; the shuttle is from the Crowne Plaza if you are using it when you arrive. The breakfast was simple but plenty before leaving for your flight. The best thing about our stay was the bar/restaurant in the Crowne Plaza next door (?Cinnebar) which was really new, nice looking, and had great food and service (steak sandwich, chicken pesto melt). The Crowne Plaza has at least 2 other restaurants. Really, a perfect inexpensive choice for that short night before or after a flight when you need to be close to the airport and don't want to spend a lot of money on a place to shower and lay your head for a few hours!

Functional room with convenient location

by TripAdvisor Member TravelGirlCork

I stayed in this hotel because I had an early morning flight out from Dublin airport. The hotel runs an early morning shuttle to the airport and you can park in the hotel carpark while away for less than the airport car park. Breakfast is included in the rate but it doesn't start early enought for early flights. You can get tea/coffee in the lobby of the neighbouring Crown Plaza while waiting for the shuttle though.

The hotel room was small and quirky, but adequate for my needs. It had everything I needed and a duvet on the bed (no horrible blankets here!). It was freezing when I arrived, with the window open and the heating not working, but this was resolved very quickly. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

I'd recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean, budget hotel convenient to Dublin airport. Who came up with the idea of the double duty toilet door? That was novel!!

excelent service

by TripAdvisor Member PATJORDAN

I booked this stay using my Priority Club Points: it cost 10,000 which I feel is good value, especially as there is a free continental breakfast.

I arrived late in the evening, and asked the receptionist if it was possible to print from the PCs in lobby. She asked if I wanted to print airline boarding passes, which I did, and went on to print no less that three sets of online boarding passes for me. How many hotels would take the time and trouble to do that?

This is a sister of the excellent Crowne Plaza (next door) and maintains the very high standards. The room was large, well appointed with a very comfortable bed. A nice security touch is having to use one's room key to access the lifts.

A very pleasant stay indeed.

Great for a convenient airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member younome

For an airport hotel, it was very nice.

A descent Continental Breakfast started at 6am so we had plenty of time to eat before our 9.30 flight (the hotel is about a 3 minute drive from the Hire Car Returns area, which is a 3 minute walk from the check in desk).

The room was quite clean, smartly designed and decorated. The hotel had a small bar, and some food served there as well, although we arrived late so it wasn't serving any more. They have a regular free airport shuttle and more than adequate parking.

We'd not recommend staying for more than one night (before or after a flight) but if you want to be near the Dublin Airport, I don't think it gets much better!

Pretty good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Carebear79

Stayed here for a couple of nights as a base for sightseeing in Dublin. The airport shuttle is free & regular [close to the hotel] and reception is modern and sleek. Checkin was straightforward and staff were friendly and efficient. Bar and restaurant looked inviting from what I observed. Room was a good size and modern and cosy; bathroom was decent. Room service offered nice food and was speedy. To access city centre you need the quick shuttle back to the airport and hop on a couple of express routes which take aobut half an hour. Overall decent hotel

Airport?! What Airport?

by TripAdvisor Member tripadvocate

This is a new budget hotel attached to the Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport. It falls into the trap of many "Airport" hotels of lacking a airport, but makes up for this with a regular free shuttle to and from Dublin Airport which is about 3 miles / 10 minutes away.

The General Manager (Michael) runs a tight ship and the hotel is immaculately presented and well thought out - particularly the doors to the en-suites which really are genius - and ice machines on every floor.

City Centre is access by the main bus route (about 3 mins walk from the hotel) and a taxi back in the evening should only run to e20 or so.

Whilst the Express is basic (as one would expect) it has the benefit of the facilities of the adjoining Crowne Plaza operated by the same group whichr eally is quite excellent.

does what it says on the tin

by TripAdvisor Member Caledonia1972

You know what to expect when booking into a Holiday Inn Express and this one doesn't disappoint. The room we were given was plenty big enough for two adults and two children and was quiet. Everything was neat and clean. No bath in the bathroom though, just a shower which isn't ideal with very young kids. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Hotel is a bit in the middle of nowhere though - fine for the airport or an overnight stop but it's a long trek into the city and there are limited options for eating nearby.

Parking is charged for but isn't extortionate.

Very pleased with this hotel....

by TripAdvisor Member Bananz

We needed to stay by the Dublin Airport for one night and this hotel was great. I like the shuttle service back/forth from the hotel and the breakfast was very tasty with a cool coffee maker. The rooms were small but designed very well. I work for an architecture firm in CA and I was seriously going to ask for a floorplan of our room because it worked so well. The bed was a bit lumpy but that was my only complaint.

We even walked next door to the adjoining hotel for one last Guinness.

Thanks for a good stay!

Nice for a Holiday Inn but 'o,'what a difference poor service makes'

by TripAdvisor Member Bulgarian_travels

We had to overnight at this hotel due to an early flight out of DUB next morning.
First, we had trouble finding the hotel using Hertz GPS - it took us to a Clarion which was in a completely different location! (raising eyebrows...). We tried to contact the Holiday Inn Express but noone picked up the phone the first two times. Finally, an unfriendly voice explained how to get to the hotel, so at 12 midnight we managed to park in front of it.
Suprise - parking is paid - at 1 euro per hour and 7 euro max, it didnt seem like a big deal. What was ridiciouls though, is that our total stay at the hotel was 4.5 hours, and we were told by the same unfriendly receptionist, named Chinchiga (or at least thats what his nameplate said), that hotel guests always pay the full fee.
In other words, if you are a hotel guest, you get to pay MORE than non-hotel guests. What kind of customer service is this???

At check-in, with a screaming baby, i waited 15 (yes, fiftheen!!) minutes while Mr. Chinchiga took his sweet time to come out of his quarters (or wherever else he had been) and instead of coming to us, he decided to have a small talk with the people at the bar. Then a new customer came to the bar, and he decided to serve him, while we were still waiting and the baby was still screaming. Mind you, it was midnight and we had to get up in 4 hours again, and yes, he did see us!!!
Later on, it turns out that the parking lot is full and when my husband asked where to park his car, Mr Chinchiga laughed and shrugged his shoulders. Somebody from the nearby Crowne Plaza came in and helped us find parking in the other hotel lot.
Believe it or not, we found out that we were still charged for the Holiday Inn parking the next morning. Yes, by Mr Chinchiga again..

There is not much else to describe about this hotel, see pics to get an idea about the room. Wireless internet is not free which is another minus for me.

I will not repeat and management should speak to their terrible employee about how hotel guests need to be treated.

Just right for our needs ...

Since we arrived in Dublin late (after 10 p.m. on Friday evening) and had to leave on Sunday early (7:00 a.m.), we decided to stay near the airport. This hotel is just great: clean, comfortable, and convenient! They even have a little bar that pours just what you're looking for, i.e., Guinness, Jameson, etc... The city bus is a very short walk from the hotel, and it takes you right into the center of Dublin. They also serve a hearty continental breakfast and have a friendly staff. We'd definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

St. Michan’s ChurchSt. Michan’s Church

The Shelbourne Hotel BathroomThe Shelbourne Hotel Bathroom

Dublin Sunset Skyline Beyond the River LiffeyDublin Sunset Skyline Beyond the River Liffey

Dublin CastleDublin Castle

Visiting Dublin in 2 weeks time

by stefanfarr

Hi all,

we will be visiting dublin in 2 weeks time to spend a weekend in the temple bar area. I have some small questions maybe anyone can help us out:

1) Gravity Bar - i see from the guiness website that the last admission is at 5pm. Does the Gravity Bar remain open late at night? or do they have a closing time?

2) We will be in the temple area on Saturday and Sunday - will we find any pubs with live music in the afternoon? - our idea is to go there to listen to some good live music while enjoying a couple of beers

3) Do you recommend any good clubs for the night? Or is it better to remain in a pub and enjoy the night there?

Thanks a lot for your time - i'm sure we'll be having a great time in Dublin - can't wait!!

Thanks
Stefan
Malta

by zuriga

I have a feeling it's not too easy to find Irish music sessions during the afternoon. But seeing that it's Dublin, I could be wrong and hope I am. Hopefully, someone who knows the music scene there (I know London's better) will have some tips.

I'm going to Malta in April and can't wait for that!!

by tango_jd

I thought the Gravity Bar was just for your one complimentary pint after the visit to the Guinness Storehouse experience?
It's right at the top after you have wound your way up the various floors of displays etc. (one of which is a tasting session!)

Otherwise elsewhere in Dublin it was €5.00 - €5.50 a pint everywhere else.

by henry14

The Arlington (next to the O'Connell Bridge) has live music on a Sunday afternoon: www.arlington.ie/irish-nights.php (The Arlington bar also opens late as a club and gets pretty busy - we have sometimes spent a whole evening in there, from eating, then watching the Irish dancing through to it turning into nightclub type bar).

The H'apenny Bridge Inn -a small pub on the Temple Bar side of the H'apenny Bridge- also has regular music sessions in the bar upstairs, and worth checking out if you're passing.

The attached link also has a list of other pubs in the area www.dublintourist.com/directory/nightlife/pubs/city_centre/temple_bar/

Dont recall ever seeing the Gravity Bar advertised as a evening venue - you could try contacting them via the website to ask?

Have a great time in Dublin!

by Durfun

The gravity bar can be accessed when you purchase a self-guided visitor ticket, which includes a free pint. Cost of this is 11 EUR, though tourist attractions' coupons offer 1EUR off.

It closes at the same time as the Storehouse.

Worth going for nice views :)

by SusanVC

I stayed at the Arlington Hotel in Dublin with my daughter and I can attest to the fact that the partying went on into the wee hours of the morning. They sounded like they were having a grand ole time the whole time. I don't think that the music and entertainment started until 5pm but you can then get dinner, drinks, music, dancing, and a show if you stay. The irish dancers came on around 10pm and were very enterataingin. However, if you plan on doing that, reserve a table up front by calling the hotel ahead of time. You can reserve dinner and a show that way. Otherwise, if you just walk in, you may be standing at the back.

The Arlington is very close to the half penny bridge but on the other side of the river (in relation to the Temple Bar District). Everything is within walking distance and great fun.

Comments