Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel

Killiney, Co, Dublin, Ireland

Good For No Data
  • DAO's Profile Photo

GREAT BUSINESS STAY IN THE CASTLE

The first time I stayed here, my company chose this hotel for me. The second time I chose the Fitzpatrick Castle. This very peaceful complex is located on Dublin Bay and south of the city of Dublin in very tranquil gardens. The great thing is that the hotel is the last stop on the
    Aircoach Route. So you can land at the airport, ride the bus into Dublin for a meeting and then ride the same bus to the Fitzpatrick. So after a long day you can jump into their massive indoor swimming pool, have a drink in the gardens, have a wonderful meal in their ornate dining room, then have a great night’s sleep! This is an absolutely fantastic business option. The only noise I heard were birds singing in the tress when I walked outside.

The rooms are excellent although the décor is a bit on the red side. The beds are very good, have plenty of amenities and you can even get a balcony overlooking Dublin Bay. Excellent in the summer. The bathrooms are modern and you get a lot of very good toiletries. You really can’t go wrong staying here. By the way it’s more of a huge manor house built in the late 1700’s than a castle, but it has plenty of old world charm.

Highly recommended by me.

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
    •113 Bedrooms and Suites (some have Sea-Views) and Castle Suites
    •Large garden to sit or have a drink in
    •Fully Equipped Fitness Centre with 20m Swimming Pool

•Library Bar & Lounge
    •The Dungeon Bar

FACILITIES
    • Gym, indoor pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi
    • Business Conference facilities (up to 600 people)

TRANSPORT
    • Aircoach from the Airport

Directions: TRANSPORT
    • Aircoach from the Airport

More about Dublin

Kilmainham Gaol, exhibition areaKilmainham Gaol, exhibition area

Cliffs of MoherCliffs of Moher

Afternoon Tea at The Shelbourne - SconesAfternoon Tea at The Shelbourne - Scones

Dublin CastleDublin Castle

Flights to Dublin

by travelgarfield

May 5th, Just heard on the news the flights going into Dublin Airport have been cancelled. Anyone know why? I have just a few days before my trip and I am so worried I won't be able to go? I thought this was all over with? If I am able to go I hope I don't get stuck over there either. I've been searching the news but haven't seen any news of new eruptions. I will keep looking though. Let me know what's going on over there, if anyone knows. Stupid Volcano!

by travelgarfield

Whoops I meant today is May 3rd in the U.S. I was anxious for Wednesday to get here. Sorry, I don't know what day it is here sometimes! 7pm local time on Monday eve. I read on the airport page that there are flight restrictions for the 4th of May. So Tuesday no flights. hmmm. Sigh. I hope next week is okay. And if Im only stuck for one day, I guess it won't be so bad, but I hope the floor of the airport isn't so ice cold!

by wise23girl

Its the volcanic ash again...there is another post telling us about it. Marg

This came from Tess

The infamous Volcano on Iceland
Posted: Tue May 4, 2010 09:45 AM EST
As some of you have already heard - there will be a new ban in Ireland from 0700 to 1300 (0600-1200 GMT) on Tuesday. The full story can be read here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8658738.stm

(For an interactive map of the ash plume - http://volcano.dohop.com/ )
Marg

by jonellis

They said flights to and from USA are still going, even to/from Dublin. That may change, but you will have to take your chances.

by annemariebyrne

A cloud of ash from the Icelandic volcano was hovering over Ireland this morning (Tues 4th), but hopefully should be blowing down south of us now so flights should get back to normal pretty soon. There's no telling what can happen with the volcano and the ash cloud so we all have to be prepared for some disruptions to plans for the foreseeable future I'm afraid. Best to keep in touch with your airline via the web for latest news, but probably best to check in etc, as you had planned, hopefully all will be well. And don't worry about getting stuck here - it's not the worst place to get stuck!!!

by wise23girl

Dublin is a great place to get stuuck. Marg

Travel Tips for Dublin

Statues

by stevieUK

One of the things I enjoyed wandering round Dublin was the statues which added some fun to the streets. Some towns (e.g. Luxemburg and Budapest) seem to be into doing this and Dublin ranks up there with the best of them.

Walk Grafton Street on a...

by trishmat

Walk Grafton Street on a Saturday afternoon. Meander through all the small shops in Temple Bar. Get the DART (train) to Killiney and Dalkey for the lovely walks. It is only a 20 minute journey. It is not a huge City and you can walk from one side to the other in a relatively short time.

Where The Tourist Offices Are.

by johngayton

As a very tourist-orientated city Dublin is well equipped with Tourist Information Offices. Not only are the offices keen to dispense advice but also can assist with hotel and hostel booking, theatre and concert tickets, bus tickets and information and city tours. Staff are knowledgeable and friendly and between them speak several languages including French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, English and, of course, Irish!

The main office is on Suffolk Street, in the restored former Church of St Andrew, with other offices situated on O'Connell, at the airport and at Dun Loaghaire ferry terminal.

The tourism website is also well worth a visit with loads of useful info and some downloadable discount vouchers. Click here to get there: Dublin Tourism

Churches

by acemj

The most famous churches in Dublin are Saint Patrick's and Christ Church cathedrals, but there are plenty of other architecturally interesting churches. This one is located adjacent to the Dublin Writer's Museum at Parnell Square North.

local custom

by Kentbein

It is indeed the local custom and primary reason for going to Dublin to sit in their many fine established (and some not so established) pubs, sample their stout, talk for hours, and enjoy the craic. Craic for those unfamiliar with the word, is Irish for - loosely translated - good times. And as I found while there, there are no better times than enjoying yourself with the greatest people on the planet, the Irish. It is no wonder that they invented a special word for good times pubbing. I had a grand time while there.

I did however, break the rules slightly. We arrived at the Porterhouse that Tuesday around noon, which for me is too early to start with the beers. An afternoon beer and I'm dead asleep two hours later, and that's no way to enjoy Dublin as far as I'm concerned.

So, I tanked in to some coffee instead. The good people at the Porterhouse as a welcome to a foreign guest set me up with complimentary coffees while there. Dublin hospitality is world class. I hope I can return the favor when they visit here in DC. Thanks, Porterhouse!!!

Java Republic is the special brand served here. It was excellent. Oh, there's more to come later about the hat shown here, too.

Comments