George Frederic Handel Hotel

16-18 Fishamble St., Christchurch, Temple Bar, Dublin, County Dublin, 8, Ireland

Satisfaction Average

Good For No Data
  • ok if no sleep needed

I would only recomend you stay hear if you like to be kept up all night by rave music,it does not tell you it has a rave till 3 in the morning for anyone who wishes to atend so you cant go in the bar for a drink as you will be pushed and shoved about and not get a seat most unpleasent .

• sus1973's Profile Photo

Great value hotel

I am just back from a week in Dublin staying at this hotel. I have to say that we stayed at a double room which was a nice clean room with enough space for two people, twin beds, clean sheets and clean spacious bathroom with warm clean towels everyday. The staff is nice, (as most dubliners are), some of them speak spanish (many spanish guests in it), and helpful. If I had to say something bad about this hotel would be the TV in which you could only see a couple of channels (however this could be due to a horrible stormy and windy weather though). Breakfast is good, we tried both the continental and the irish; our room had a window to the street and still it was quiet. (the street is the oldest street in Dublin). Its location could not be better, it is 2m away from the Wood Quay Airlink Bus Stop (Airport-Dublin route 748, 5 € per trip); 5 m. to the Temple Bar and 10 m. to Grafton St (shopping area n1) and to Henry St (shopping are n2); this means you don't need to take a bus to anywhere. If I go back to Dublin, which I intend to do sometime soon, I will go back to this hotel.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Nice hotel around corner from Kinley House

Although I was not a registered guest and did not sleep in this hotel I did find it a very nice and comfortable experience. Part of my party I was traveling with stayed here and as such we used it as a meeting place and resting place.

Unique Quality: The most unique quality about this hotel is the history of it and its name.

• Slightly Cheaper Satisfactory Hotel

I've stayed here on a couple of occasions, and am going back soon.

It's situated in Fishamble Street, Christchurch. You can either get to it by walking along the Quays, or else as I prefer to cut through Temple Bar.

The rooms are comfortable, basic, and offer all the modern amenities.

What I like about Handels is that it's slightly cheaper than the other hotels in the area. It's also within walking distance to all the shops etc.

Handels Bar is very popular and apparently can be quite noisy at times. It's here where breakfast is served in the morning.

Unique Quality: Location, price

Directions: Commercial area near the Quays. Beside Temple Bar, but is somewhat quieter and less crowded. About 15 mins walk from O'Connell Bridge along Temple Bar.

More about George Frederic Handel Hotel

Travel From Airport to Hotel

by Rob1966

Greeting Dubliners and fellow VTers

My wife and I will be arriving in Dublin on 25th November 9:30am.
We are hopefully staying in The George Frederic Handel Hotel on Fishamble Street near Temple Bar.

I would appreciate advice on the best method of travel from the airport, we will have luggage.

What would the rough cost of a Taxi be please?

And has anyone any information or experience on the George Frederic Handel hotel?

Many thanks

Rob

RE: Travel From Airport to Hotel

by Waoife

There are several bus companies that go to the city. The cheapest (shouldn't be more than €2 each) is Dublin bus however this is a regular bus service so it will stop regularly along the way and you may not be allowed on if you have a lot of luggage. There are other coach companies which are more expensive. All will drop you in or around the city centre so you will then have to walk or get a taxi to the hotel. The taxi fare to the hotel should be around €30 - for speed and convenience I'd choose this unless you're on a tight budget. The hotel looks quite nice from the outside (never been in it) and is pretty central so you should be able to walk to most of the tourist sites.

Happy travels :)

RE: RE: Travel From Airport to Hotel

by Waoife

Depends on the taxi driver I guess - some will charge you extra for all your luggage :((

RE: RE: Travel From Airport to Hotel