60 Harcourt Street, Dublin, County Dublin, 2, Ireland

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 35% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Dublin hotel

The hotel itself is very nice and the staff friendly. Rooms are good and clean. However there is a lot of noise in surroundings, especially at night (until 5 am). Loud music and party, makes it impossible to sleep. The building is thin-walled, what means that you hear everything. When the celebrations outside stop and the remaining guests are coming in, they will keep you awake for the rest of the night.

Unique Quality: None, simple but clean.

• hen weekend

Myself and 10 other girls stayed at the Harcourt Hotel on the 27 to 29th Aug 2010
    I cannot rate this hotel highly enough.

Unique Quality: you have a lovely hotel, a great bar, fantastic tarace and a night club all in one what more can a bunch of girls on a hen weekend want.

Directions: 5 min walk through stevensens gardens onto graften street. where all the shops are. if you want to go further just hop on a FREE bycicle ride a bit like a tut tut to anywhere in dublin town centre. we all did it was great fun.

• Harcourt experience

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone as I did not sleep on any of the four nights I stayed at this hotel. The noise was unbearable from 11 in the morning until 3 the following morning. There was only 1 bedside table provided and I found the room rather shabby compared to other hotels I have stayed in.

• mcuriel's Profile Photo

Cute Hotel in Dublin

Cute hotel - good location.
    Drawbacks are: no air conditioning and noise from the nightclub downstairs.

Directions: Near St. Stephens Green and walking distance to Grafton Street.

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

Lovely oasis of calm

We stayed in October 2009 - room only basis. The room was nice - a double bed plus a single, and a modern bathroom. Extra pillows were available in the wardrobe - we had drawers in a dressing table and between the beds. We were at the back so didnt have any noise - the tram passes the front so i am not sure if those rooms would be noisy at all.
    Breakfasts were taken in the restaurant downstairs and the choice was continental, full Irish (€10) or the "breakfast platter" costing €6.50. This consisted of a choice from the hot food buffet (we just had one of everything) - and toast plus tea or coffee.
    Bacon, Sausage, black and white pudding, tomatoes, beans, hash brown.
    Really nice and best value all holiday!
    Drinks - same as most places - expensive! €5 for a pint of Guinness.

Unique Quality: Just a nice location and a nice room.

Directions: Get off the Air coach transfer at Leeson Street and walk a couple of streets to here.

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Lucky again!

I had been looking for a hotel close to the city centre, not too expensive and offering triple rooms. This limited my search, so I was glad when I found the Harcourt Hotel.I booked two triples, even though the reviews I read were mixed. Most people complained about the terrible noise from the nightclub in the hotel and I was prepared to go without much sleep.

However, I need not have worried. True, this was the only hotel I've stayed so far where ear plugs are issued automatically, but we never needed them. It turned out that the nightclub is open from Wednesday night on, and since we stayed there until Wednesday morning we had a quiet stay.

We got two triples in the annexe building, huge rooms! This had been the home George Bernard Shaw once, and in our room you could still see the bell buttons which were used to summon the servants. There was also a fireplace, and the kids wanted to light a fire straight away, but I told them the term "non-smoking" room wasn't limited to cigarette smoking.

Both rooms had a large double bed and two singles, the bathroom was also really large. The kids told me that the TV was a very special one, too, I only realized that it was larger than most TV sets I've seen. Since I only watch the news when I'm travelling, I wasn't really interested.

Breakfast was not included in the price, but with so many cafés in Dublin there was no need to have breakfast in the hotel.

I had booked far ahead and paid about 300 Euro for two triples/two nights, a real bargain.

• Hotel it

Lovely accomodation. City Centre, close to the Guiness Brewery which is a must see if you are going to Ireland.

Unique Quality: Great people, great food, (try out the stew) great music - could you ask for anything more?

Directions: Hotel close to Trinity college and Guiness Brewery - you can't miss the Brewery, follow your nose, the smell of the yeast will guide you.

• eddilowe's Profile Photo

Cheap hotel in centre of Dublin

Former home of Dublin born playwright George Bernard Shaw. We chose this hotel as we wanted somewhere nice for our one night in Dublin that was cheap.

The only issue we had is that there are nightclubs around the hotel and if you have a room on the street like we did it can be a bit noisy. The nightclub in the hotel is also open till late which could create a problem with rooms lower down.

If you're in Dublin yourself to party then it shouldn't be a problem.

Unique Quality: Very attractive Georgian building, nice room. Restaurant and bar on ground floor. Full Irish breakfast served - very nice. Cheap price. Live entertainment free to residents I believe.

Our plane wasn't until the evening so they allowed us to lock our bags away so we could go sightseeing.

Near to centre of town and Temple Bar.

You can pick up a room dirt cheap on the Internet.

Directions: A few minutes walk from Grafton Street and Temple Bar.

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo

A good value and a classic atmosphere

We were very satisfied the first night - wonderful room but when we returned after one night we got a completely different kind of room and not satisfactory comparing to the one we got the first night - so I understand that they have various standards of rooms and you just have to hope for the best....

Unique Quality: In general the hotel is nice and the service is very efficient - also the location is good - about 10 minutes walk to the Grafton street very near St Steven Green

Directions: Bus number 16A from the Airport

• tvor's Profile Photo

Harcourt Hotel, Dublin

It's on Harcourt Street, right up a couple of blocks from St. Stephen's Green and across the street from the Police (Gardai) headquarters. Short walk to St. Stephen's Green, Grafton Street and not that far from Temple Bar and Trinity College which is at the other end of Grafton. The full breakfast is served in the pub in the morning and there's a disco club in the basement as well. Hotel is spread over two side by side buildings and the rooms are nicely decorated with en suite facilities.

Unique Quality: The hotel has ties to George Bernard Shaw. There's a resident's bar where traditional music is played by an assortment of musicians until the wee wee hours long after regular closing time if anyone's still up to listen and /or sing along. Many of the musicians will come after the other clubs close and join in.

They also have a few triple rooms in addition to doubles, twins and singles.

Directions: St. Stephen's Shopping center, go south past the Green and keep going about 2 blocks. it's on the left as you are going up the street.

• KennetRose's Profile Photo

Harcourt Hotel

Unique Quality: Comfortable, mid-range hotel south of St Stephens Green. It occupies a row of elegant houses, one of which was once the home of Bernard Shaw, and the hotel has a Shavian theme.

The main bar was reasonably comfortable for gathering together in the early evening, but featured a disco and got very crowded and noisy later in the evening when I was there. There was an alternative bar hosting traditional music and that was excellent.

More about Harcourt Hotel

Hotel choice

by jjoemar

I am tring to decide between the The Harcourt Hotel and the Grafton Guest house. The Harcourt is more expensive, but is it wrht it? any help would be appreciated.
Joe

by explicitlyrix

Hi,
Not sure about the standard of either hotel, but I do know that the harcourt hotel is above a nightclub - Copper Face Jacks. It's a very popular nightclub and is busy every night of the week, so the noise might affect guests at the hotel. I've been to the nightclub, and there doesn't really seem to be a divide between the club and the entrance to the hotel - you can even use the hotel bathrooms from the club...

by MalcolmTripp

Lok at the Best Western in Grafton Street as they usually do special offers for Diner B and B; it's still easy to walk to Temple Bar nightclub area and a lot quieter to stay. Also you are right at the start of the Dublin openair bus tour which is a must - just for the driver's humour!

by Ruai

A bit further up the street from the Harcourt Hotel is the Camden Court Hotel , which is quiet, pleasant yet within a few minutes of the attractions of the city.

Comments