2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Booking.com Hotels.com AMOMA.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 20% higher than other 2.5 star hotels

• The Harding Hotel

It took us a while to find it, going at least two stops too far on the tram than we needed to, and then having to walk back with heavy rucksacks for about 15 minutes but, eventually we got there.

We were so exhausted that we just wanted to crash as soon as we got there, so the guy on reception just spent a couple of minutes explaining where the airport bus stops were and no.. unfortunately no taxis.. taxis are on strike on Monday.. so there was no choice but to take the bus.

At 2am a random door knocker disturbed the entire 3rd floor (oHhh this hotel has a working lift btw), until he/she was told to *feck off and let everyone sleep!!*by an irate guest in the room a couple of doors from ours. It turned out that she was from a very drunk hen party and had forgotten her room number.

The room was comfy, spacious and had all the usual facilities including masses of coffee, tea bags and milk!! Fab!! We were very happy campers! :)

Unique Quality: Breakfast was served by a waiter downstairs in the Copper Alley Bistro - salmon and scrambled eggs or full Irish or continental - I had the salmon and eggs before heading off to find the bus stop.

Directions: Between Temple Bar and Christchurch Cathedral

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

Next to the Christ Church

The room was clean but a bit small (well, I guess it was a single room...). I liked a view of Christ Church from my room. Very convenient location, only a short walk to Dublin Castle and Temple Bar district.

The room booking "may" come with a breakfast. Check when you book.

Directions: Across the street from Christ Church Cathedral.

• Dazzle88's Profile Photo

Dublin's Dazzling Hotel

The people at the Harding were very nice, and the service and food was great. The rooms were all uniquely designed and were differnt from any other hotel I have every been too.

Unique Quality: The location is great, right in the center of Dublin.The bathroom was interesting because instead of a tub or shower, there was just a walk in shower in the corner of the bathroom with a curtain and you had to keep pushing a button every 20 seconds or so keep the water running.

Directions: In the heart of Dublin, also near Jury's Inn and Christchurch Cathedral.

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

Close to attractions and those required pubs!

Unique Quality: Contrary to popular belief, having a room which faces Christchurch is not the end of the world. The church bells do ring every 15 minutes to some degree, as church bells are wont to do, but it was not a bother. Even at night. Go figure.

Directions: walk allll the way down Dame St from Trinity College, continue after it's become Lord Edward St, and turn down Fishamble St when you get to Christchurch. Voila!

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

convenient, but not too much so

Just 1km from Trinity College and that hub of Dublin's activity, the Harding is an easy walk or bus ride to just about anywhere you might want or need to be in Dublin proper. There's a sloooow computer downstairs in the lobby, for your 24hr internet needs, but just a block away is an actual internet shop with zippy highspeed access, and it's open 24hrs as well. The room is spacious enough, and if you arrive early at 1130a, you just might luck out and be assigned a double for the price of the single you reserved, woohoo!

Directions: smack across Fishamble St. from Christchurch itself!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Harding Hotel, in Dublin's oldest lane

Right in the cente o Dublin but quiet at the same time, since it's located in a back lane - which turns out to be Dublin's oldest lane. It's a really nice friendly hotel with lots of pine wood and a fun pub on the premises.

Unique Quality: I suggest the Harding Hotel because it is run by friends. Hence I'm using their website photo without permission, knowing the manageress (Ellen) would surely forgive me

Directions: near christchurch, behind kinlay house in dame street

More about Harding Hotel

Dublin, co. Dublin: 1 hotel, 1 hostel, 5 areas

by call_me_rhia about various

Having lived in Dublin I don't know much about hotels and hostels, so I guess i can only recomment two, which accidentally are run by friends of mine: Hotelwise my vote goes for the Harding Hotel, at Copper Alley, Fishamble Street, Dublin 2. The same people who manage the Harding manage a youth hostel too: Kinlay House, 2-12 Lord Edward, Street, Dublin 2. Both are located near Chirstchurch Cathedral.

In case you are staying for a longer time in Dublin it's common practice to rent a flat (and of course u needed me to tell u this, right?). I lived in lots of areas in Dublin: teple Bar, back then, was central and crumblind into pieces, therefore affordable: I hear it's no longer the case. Favourite areas of mine, in the southside, include Portobello and the rathmines area near the Baggot Bridge. My favourite address was in the Liberties, but it's not to everyone's taste (read: working class area and some crime). Northside, near the centre, I found quite nice the North Circular Road near Parnell Sq, which is not quite as bad as people make you think.

Harding practical, but not pretty

by TripAdvisor Member kimmerU

The Harding Hotel in Dublin was exactly what we expected: a reasonably priced hotel in a convenient location with clean sheets, clean towels, and a clean bathroom. It definitely lacked ambience or decor. The halls and bathrooms were instutional and dismal, but they were functional. It was not a quiet hotel, inside or out. It is not the kind of hotel you spend the day in. It is the kind of hotel to lay your head for the few hours between sight-seeing in the day and reveling at Temple Bar in the evening. We would certainly stay there again.

Would not stay here

We stayed at the Harding Hotel which we had booked through the internet. It is on the oldest street in Dublin and is a converted hostel. The room was nice and overlooked a courtyard. We thought it would be grand. We went for a walk to Trinity College, I almost got run over by a fast moving Dublin city bus that was turning the corner at 80 miles an hour, and when we returned the police(Gardai) were in the lobby. A female tourist had been robbed right outside the hotel. They said they could do nothing. We went to the cute little bar inside the hotel for a drink and were told by another patron that it wasn't right the way tourists were goudged. Apparently we paid double for our drinks. Then we went up to our room to take a shower . The toilet would not flush and the showers backed up up to our ankles. We went to the lobby but nothing was done. Through the night it was very noisy when all the pubs let out at 4 in the morning. In the morning we had breakfast in the pub.We were told we had to pay extra for the hot buffet laid out.We were told on booking that breakfast was included in the price of the room. We left in a hurry and would not go back.Avoid the large cities in Ireland and go for the small towns. They are safer and you don't get goudged.

Harding Hotel or Ormond Quay?

by unicorn7

Hi everyone.
Very excited about visiting Dublin next month for first time. Booked Hardings Hote as it appears very central and sensible... then got told about Ormond Quay..... as its my ist time, and I;m alone, I;m being a bit pernickerty.... does anyone have any feedback here as to which place is "better"? Or I am open to alternative suggestions. Both these places are about €120-130 for a w/e... so within that price range...

also - any bar/restaurant suggestions mist welcome.

thanks.

Re: Harding Hotel or Ormond Quay?

by pat04

go to www.tripadvisor.com for reviews on Hardings hotel..I don't think you will be disappointed. As for bars just wander...go on a pub crawl and stop where you like. Temple bar is about OK now..not what it was. Prices are on the high side but the beer is good quality.

Hope you enjoy...don't forget the Guinness tour..you can book the hopstore on the web [and Christ church for mummified crusaders-a bit strange.

Slainte [cheers in Irish] pronounced slante - cha

Re: Harding Hotel or Ormond Quay?

by archvillain77

re: bar suggestions,
check out Whelans and Solas on Wexford st. CHeck out McSorely's on Ranelagh for a wide selection of drinks, stay well away from Temple bar whatever you, the stags head is a good pub, just off Excequer st and down a lane, Ri-ra, a good club, is also across the road from this.

Comments