Charlemont Place, Dublin, County Dublin, 2, Ireland

Booking.com Hilton.com Priceline.com

Costs 58% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Good Location

We had accomadations for three adults. The third bed was a pull out sofa which was very unconfortable.

Room was small, but view was nice and the room was on the concierge floor. Service was good.

The price was buy one night and get the second free which included breakfast. The big loser was no free internet access. In American dollars, it was close to $25 dollars to get internet access. This should be a service included in the price of the hotel. All in all, the stay was pleasant, the location was good, with easy walking distance to the center of Dublin, but if you got lazy, you could also jump on the tram and ride.

Would recommend to others. However, have decided that there are plenty of other places to travel to where the dollar will go a lot further and vacations are much more affordable than places that have the euro and sterling pound.

Unique Quality: None

More about Hilton Dublin

Luxury at the Hilton Hotel, Dublin

After choosing to stay in the hilton hotel whilst visiting dublin early october, we are thoroughly glad we did it was very clean very efficient. offering a fantastic breakfast buffet.It was situated on the canal right next to the tram to take you straight to grafton street. We had a very relaxing time at the hotel it was not in the centre of dublin and was therefore nice to be able to explore other areas and modes of transport. The busses were great too, buy a travel card very cheap 5 euros for the day. We saved up our tesco clubcard tokens to settle our accommodation at the hilton would recommend doing this.

Great Place To Feel Ireland

by NYC2TLV about The Barge

The Barge is a three floor pub and restaurant near the Hilton Dublin. It is mostly frequented by local Irish people and not many tourists come in. I was the only one that I could pick out there, and I sat down and had a pint with a local Irishman and we talked about the upcoming football match between the Republic of Ireland and Israel.

They also have a wi-fi internet connection if memory serves me right.

3 Weeks at the Dublin Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member kupsky

I recently stayed at the Dublin Hilton for 20 days. This was a work related trip and was booked largely because of an affiliation with Hilton. My room was facing the courtyard and although there was a Christmas party nearly every night, I was only awakened one night at 1:00 am by a bunch of drunks singing "New York" New York"...
The hotel was fine. Bed was nice. Bathrooms big enough.. Could have used a small refrigerator for a lenghty stay but was told there was none. Parking was easy in the basement. The staff was also pleasant enough.

I walked to city center almost every night making for good exercise. Only 15 minute walk. Stopped in for a piint and soup at a number of pubs on the way home. Reccomend the Portabello, Barge and Bleeding Horse are all reccomended and with in 5 mins of the Hilton.

Nice enough

by TripAdvisor Member Suffragette

We stayed at the Hilton Dublin 21 - 23 February. It is located a little way outside the centre in a mixed (but safe) area. It's right next to Charlemont LUAS station (which is only accessible by steep stairs - something to consider if you've young children or are disabled) and via the tram a quick journey to St Stephen's Green. We weren't wowed by the hotel, but it is nice enough - clean and comfortable. Staff are mostly Eastern European (this is true throughout hotels and shops in Dublin) but speak English well and are friendly. Hotels in Dublin are mostly very expensive and only averagely comfortable, so this hotel is one to consider. I'd disagree about the noise, we had a room that looked out over the canal and a busy street, and was adjacent to the tram and though we could vaguely hear the noise it wasn't intrusive. I'd agree with others on this site about breakfast being rather expensive for what you get - but the Irish aren't early risers as a rule and so breakfast isn't a great deal anywhere. Skip it and have lunch in a pub.

Nothing to complain

by TripAdvisor Member flyingdutchmannl

Before I travelled to Dublin I checked tripadvisor about the Dublin Hilton. Very mized reports, but as being a frequent Hilton stayer I decided to choose this hotel also.

Sure, it is not the most fancy Hilton I have ever seen. The architect (interior and exterior) would never be my favorite, but that is not the most important factor for satisfaction. I experienced this hotel as very convienent. I was upgraded (as a Hilton Gold VIP); the room I had was spacious enough, nothing fancy, but all things I need were there. Something I personally really appreciated was the possibility to open a window throughout the night...and it was so quite outside...

Breakfast was ok, agaian nothing fancy. The staff was super; very friendly and helpfull. Next time in Dublin I will stay here again.

Loved it !

by TripAdvisor Member bee cameron

We enjoyed a two night city-break at the Dublin Hilton 3-5 March. We had booked one of the "Spring Break" packages - 2 nights b & b with dinner on the first night. The flight from Glasgow was delayed and we arrived later than we had hoped so had to take a 9.15 dinner reservation, however, it was no hardship to kill time in the very spacious and warm room. The bed was big and comfortable with a really cozy duvet and big plump pillows and we had a two seater sofa which was great for relaxing. TV had satellite channels and there was tea/coffee facilities. If you were a business traveller the internet connection and large desk area would be really handy. Bathroom was spotless with nice soft towels and a decent power shower over the bath. The freebie toiletries were nice and the aromatherapy body lotion was a nice touch.
Dinner was beautifully cooked and presented. The menu choice was good with something that would appeal to everyone. Wine was a tad expensive but hey - you're on a break! The restaurant staff were courteous and friendly and you could see right into the kitchens where your meal was being cooked - obviously nothing to hide. Breakfasts were the usual run of the mill buffet that you now get everywhere but we found the choice to be good and had no complaints. Having said that, if we had not been on an inclusive package we would not have paid the asking price of 16 euros.
Prices in the bar were not too bad at all - much to our surprise.
All the staff, reception, bar and restaurant were unfailingly friendly and helpful.
We liked the location of the hotel - a 15 minute stroll into the centre via St Stephen's Green - nice to walk through. You can admire the Georgian architecture along the way.
If you can get one of the Special Breaks packages then take it. We found it to be great value for money and you get to stay in The Hilton at a decent price. Combined with cheap internet flights we had a fabulous weekend.
If we ever go back to Dublin (and I hope we do) we would definitely try to return to The Hilton.

Excellent weekend in Dublin at the Hilton.

We recently had a wonderful weekend stay in Dublin in mid November. The weather was lovely and Dublin looked clean & fresh and full of life.
There was a mix up with our reservation at the hotel we had reserved but there thankfully found us another hotel close by called the Hilton on Charlemont st and it was excellent. Excellent & helpful staff, lovely room, spotlessly clean. Breakfast was excellent with a varied buffet and lots of staff to tend to the busy tables and if you needed anything.
The Luas is just across the street from the hotel and is also excellent, inexpensive and fast & clean.
We went to Dundrum shopping centre, another excellent experience, will definely return for another shopping experience there especially "The House of Frasier", top class. All in All we had a wonderful weekend in Dublin.

Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member c_s1967

After scouring the internet for a decent Dublin hotel , we decided on the Hilton , Hotel is smart and very clean rooms good size with all the normal hotel items etc , Hotel bar good , though we did not eat in the restaurant so cannot comment , like all of dublin breakfast in my view expensive 19euro , the hotel is approx 10mins from St Stephnes green , and the tram stops just outside the hotel , this runs every 5-10mins , we caught the Aercoach from the airport and the stop was about 10mins walk from the hotel ( allow yourself 45 - 1hr Hotel to airport and vice versa ).
Out of the hotel to the right 2 mins walk there is a great pub ( think called the barge ) , overall good stay good location, good staff, would stay there again, got best price from companies own website

Comments