Inchicore Road, Kilmainham, (Opening May 2007), Dublin, Ireland
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Dublin Kilmainham

Lovely new hotel in perfect location!!

by TripAdvisor Member Dublin58

After reading reviews on this Hotel i wasn't going to book as i think the location is one of the most important reasons to stay. People have said on pervious reviews it is far from the City Centre but believe me its not, you get a bus outside the door of the Hotel & it takes 5 minutes to Temple Bar or get a taxi for 7euros!!! I would deffinetly recommend this Hotel, it is a lovely 4* star & the facilities are great. It was my 1st time in Dublin & it will be my last, i thought it was a complete rip off & not as gd as people make it out to be but as for this Hotel it is very reasonable & alot nicer than the Hotels & B&Bs in the City Centre you would pay double the price for. If you are planning on going to Temple Bar take alot of money as i went with my Boyfriend & for 2 drinks in most pubs it was between 17 - 19 euros.

The Hilton Kilmainham is the only gd thing i have to say about Dublin but as for the pubs/drinks etc its far to expensive & nothing great....

Disappointing Value

by TripAdvisor Member LifeisGood2007

Stayed for one night but came away feeling that there was better value else where. I phoned the hotel direct to make a booking but I was put through to central reservations - less personal I find.

1st impressions were very good - Hotel is new, modern, clean etc. I booked a twin room in that it was only for an over night stay but in saying that I can't remeber the last time I ended up in a single bed so I think this is a little bit too cute charging an extra €30 for a double bed.

The bit that really got to me however was a charge of €20 for internet access. Given the hotel is located out of town and there is very little to do at night I really think this was a rip off.

Basically the hotel itself is very nice and I must also mention they have a great leisure centre attached however if you have to pay the extra for a double bed and internet access then you will get a similar standard in city centre for the same money.

Ultimately I think value is far more important than price and I came away with the feeling that there was a bit of a rip off culture. For the 1st time ever I took the time to fill out the comments card in detail given it is a fine new hotel which deserves to do the business
however I haven't heard back yet.

Personally I would recommend the Morrison Hotel in city centre over the Hilton on this basis in that it is ideally located and works out better value for money.

Another Dublin Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member brianmcstea

What is it with Hilton Hotels in Dublin, there is clearly demand its a very popular city for tourists, Hilton are meeting this demand by building lovely new hotels. Kilmainham is no exception, brand new great check in staff, wonderful room, plasma tv, luxury bathroom, top class gym, nice pool spa, with sauna and steam, nice bar, a little expensive but Dublin tends to be.
But just like the airport Hilton this one fails badly on location, the location just does not work, its stuck in the middle of nowhere.
A 10 euro taxi ride from the city centre takes you to the hotel once there, you will find yourself at a busy road junction, one pub across the road and nothing else. Its a 5/10 min walk to the nearest LUAS station and another 15 minutes on the Luas to reach the city centre
Hilton must do better they have the right hotels they just keep putting them in the wrong places, If you stay here expect high standards but dont expect a Dublin City Centre location

perfect, perfect!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Lindz6

I can't even begin to describe how fabulous this hotel is. It is brand new and so beautiful!!!! The pool/spa was amazing, the room was awesome and the facilities all around were awesome too. The room was very clean and very spacious. The TV was cool too, with it's choice of music and on demand movies!! Not that we took advantage, but if we had to be in the room it was great!!!

Reasonable value for Dublin

by TripAdvisor Member Kieran1OO1

Very good, and brand new, four star hotel, and particularly so if you have a car, although there is an overnight parking charge of 11 euros. The (foreign) check in staff were very helpful. The immediate location is OK. There is a pub across the road, with an Italian restaurant on the upper floor of the same building. The pub is OK but I only dined in the city centre so cannot comment about the restaurant. The entrance to the Irish Museum of Modern Art is just across the road. It sits in it's own expansive grounds in the former Royal Hospital and from the entrance it takes about 10 minutes to get to the museum. The Kilmainham Gaol museum is also across the road. Other than that there isn't much to do locally but taxis cost just under 10 euros and there is a bus stop within a 3 minute walk. The Luas stop at St James' Hospital is a fifteen minute walk...(unless you are an Olympic sprinter!) This is an area that is clearly undergoing huge redevelopment and with the completion of some nearby office blocks etc. is going to improve considerably fairly soon.
The hotel represents good value for Dublin, and if location is a lower priority than the quality of the accommodation then this is a very attractive choice.

Nice accomodation, but not at all central

by TripAdvisor Member beneatharthursseat

The hotel itself is nice and clean. When I asked desk staff at 10 p.m. for a place to get some food, I was called a cab to send me on a 15 euro trip into town. They forgot to mention that there's an excellent, reasonably priced Italian restaurant less than a block from the hotel. While the hotel is billed as being very central, the center of Dublin is a 45 minute to one hour walk away.

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LurganGinger_tom

I booked two night B&B with free evening meal on the first night. I had booked a smoking twin room but I knew this could not be guaranteed. When I arrived I was offered a smoking double room or a non smoking twin. We took the Non smoking twin.

The three course dinner would have cost 80 euro for two off us from the menu (we got it free ), it was lovely couldnt fault it, but not worth 80 euro. We dined at the Italian restaurant across the road the second night for less than half the price.

The hotel is lovely but we had to get a taxi into Dublin ,because off road works and delays the taxi cost 16 euro, the return taxi was 9 euro. All the taxi's are metered so you pay for delays.

On the day off departure, at 8.30 am we asked for a taxi, we had to catch a train at 9:35am. We where told the taxi would be 15 minutes. 30 minutes we where told it would be quicker to walk to the luas tram (in the rain). We missed our 9:35 train. To be fair I cant blame the hotel for this and I caught the next train at 11:00am. However if I had to catch a plane or boat I would have been in trouble.

The hotel staff are mostly from eastern europe but speak good English.
The only downside to this hotel is its location. if you have to get taxi's due to bad weather as I did then its a bad location.

Beautiful Propery

by TripAdvisor Member Westcoastqb

Prettiest Hilton I have ever seen.(The fact that it is new helps).15 minutes from City Centre by bus.Across street from Historic Jail.VERY friendly staff and excellent Leisure Facilities.

Hotels Dublin

by TripAdvisor Member Ricky50

We stayed at this hotel and were very impressed. It is a new hotel. Staff was great. Rooms and facilities were very nice.

We found it very easy to get to the center of town. We took the hop on hop off bus from across the street, but the walk isn't out of the question if you are even a little fit.
We ate breakfast as part of a package and it was tremendous.
The deal we got was just about as affordable as anything available at the time we went which was early October.

I have seen fancier hotels; but I would recomend this hotel to everyone.

Nice hotel, good price, not exactly central

by TripAdvisor Member willworkfortravel07

Nice, new hotel with comfortable rooms that are surprisingly large for Ireland. Located across the street from Kilmainham prison but not exactly close to central Dublin. However, you can pick up a bus very easily into the city centre. Expect to spend about 15 euro to get a cab back from Temple Bar. I would stay at this hotel again.

Comments