Croke Park Stadium, Jones's Road, Dublin, County Dublin, 3, Ireland

The Croke Park Hotel
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Comfortable & Friendly

This is a modern hotel, situated directly accross the road from the largest stadium in Ireland - Croke Park. If travelling to the Capital this is a comfortable hotel, 20 minutes walk from the city center - would use cab/taxi after dark.

Car park facilities (secure) are available on site, and are included in the cost.

The staff are very friendly and helpful - nothing is a problem.

The rooms are clean, and well attended, with all mod-cons.

The restaurant is basic, but caters well for the travellers requirements.

I would have no problem to recommend, have stayed their on numerous occassions which is the best compliment I can pay.

Unique Quality: Easy access to Croke Park and Capital.

Directions: Easily located - just off Jones Road!

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Where are the Old Style Heaters?

I am amazed at the reviews which give this hotel No2 spot in Dublin. It would be that if you were a football fan and were not interested in the charm one associates with other Jury hotels.

Sure the hotel is all that has been said...clean, friendly staff, and it even has warmed bathroom floors but where are the old style heaters? You could dry your clothes on the old type overnight! Many homes have them and use them for just that. With Dublin weather I can assure you these heaters are an must.

No ballroom here or Sunday 'tea dances'. It lacks the charm of Dublin.

There are no coffee shops outside...quite a walk through uninteresting streets to go downtown.

Sure we were glad to find a room when we stayed there as Dublin was booked out but it could be any hotel in the world.

But it does have heated bathroom floors.

Unique Quality: Across the road from Croke Park

I cannot remember what we paid but it was reasonable as I recall.

PS...I checked the website and it is now The Croke Park Hotel.....wonder why?

• Goner's Profile Photo

Hotel with a Great Locatin

Unique Quality: This hotel sits just across from Croke Park stadium in Dublin. If you're a soccer fan or there for any other event this is right at the stadium's door. They also had free Internet service in the lobby.

Directions: Across from Croke Park Stadium

More about Jurys Croke Park Hotel

Great Hotel in Dublin

by Goner about Jurys Croke Park Hotel

This Jurys hotel was of high standard; clean, well maintained and service was good. This hotel sits just across from Croke Park stadium in Dublin. If you're a soccer fan or there for any other event this is right at the stadium's door. They also had free Internet service in the lobby.

Best hotel in Dublin

by TripAdvisor Member Michelle2

My boyfriend and I have just returned back from a fantastic weekend break in Dublin. The Jurys Croke Park Hotel was superb!

We had an early morning flight and arrived at the hotel at 10am, although check-in at the hotel should have been 2pm, we were given our room immediately, a blessing after our early start!

We booked directly with the hotel and got a great deal on an Executive Room, which I would definitely recommend as not only is the room bigger (king size bed etc.) and more luxurious, we had access to the Executive Lounge where there was a plasma screen, newspapers and complimentary tea, coffee, juices, danish pastries, croissants and fruit throughout the day.

The rooms themselves were excellent, i would definitely agree with previous reviews about the bed ... definitely the best nights sleep i have ever had ! There was also a turn-down service and chocolates on our pillow every evening and fresh towels TWICE daily! The service is excellent, concierge is on hand to give you all the info about the city. The buffet breakfast is also fantastic, everything catered for ! The location is great too, although you feel like you are in a very residential area, it is only a 15min walk into the centre and even a taxi back after an evening out is only about £5.

Although this hotel is advertised as 4star, the whole experience from the room, service, food is nothing less than 5star!! We will definitely be staying here on our next visit.

Croke Park

by Marpessa

On the 15th of August, 2004 I went to the All-Ireland Semi-Final hurling match between Wexford and Cork. It was mad! I had watched a match on TV the week before, but it doesn't compare to being at a match! This game was held at Croke Park, Dublin and there was just over 62,000 people there. It was amazing, the game was great (although Wexford got crushed) and the atmosphere was fantastic - I loved it!!

I think for any sports fan, a trip to Croke Park whilst in Dublin is a must! Whether it is for a Hurling match or Gaelic football.

Or even when every second year there is International Rules, which is Ireland versus Australia in a hybrid game of Gaelic football and Aussie rules. It is taken in turns of being played in each country, there are two matches a week apart, points are on aggregate. Australia won the last test in Australia, 2005.

lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lexus07

myself and boyfriend stayed at jurys croke park for two nights. We arrived at about 9am on the first day and was told check-in is usually 2pm, but they checked availability and let us check in there and then for no extra cost which was great. The room was big with a double and single bed, lovely flat screen tv, big bath, separate shower and iron and trouser press etc. The hotel is right opposite the stadium and from previous reviews I was a little concerned about the location, but need not have been. The walk to the city centre is 10-15 minutes and did not bother us at all. It was near enough to go round in the day time and then go back to the hotel and shower & change for the night time - we only got a taxi once and that was because we were very thirsty!!
We also went on the tour of croke park stadium which I would highly recommend - you get a discount if you say you are staying at the hotel. It was really interesting to learn more about the Irish history and also about the stadium itself - it is massive and we really enjoyed it. I would also say that the guinness storehouse was over-rated - we paid just over 12 euros each (web discount) to get in - we were given a guinness paperweight and a token to obtain a free pint - there did not seem to be an offical tour, we were told to walk around around the museum with a map. I would still say to go here, but just walk around the museum and when you get to the bar on the 5th floor, buy a pint of guinnes and walk up to the 7th floor gravity bar - much cheaper!!
But anyway, this hotel was great - friendly staff, lovely bed and also has a heated smoking area outside.

A beautiful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member elames

We just returned from a tour of Ireland. We spent our first night here and our last 2 nights of the tour before returning to the states. We were all very spoiled by this hotel. IT was the best of all!!

A beautiful new hotel with just about every amenity you could want. The mattresses were the most comfortable of any I have slept on. The staff is exceedingly helpful. We had a problem with the room we were staying in and they immediately upgraded us to another and apologized profusely.

The breakfast is a buffet style and as someone mentioned a bit chaotic, but it was more than satisfactory for our needs. On our last night in Dublin, rather than go out, we ate at the hotel restaurant. IT was FABULOUS. I had been waiting for a high quality dinner since we started our tour 8 days previously. Everyone kept asking where was the lamb Ireland was so famous for???? Well on my last night I found it at this hotel. It was delicious. The chef kept close eye on everyone in the restaurant. I watched him carefully and I think he knew it:-)

The only downfall to the hotel is the location. It is MORE than a 15 minute walk to downtown Dublin. We had to walk about 10 min. just to catch a local bus. We walked back from the Temple Bar area and it took a good hour. And the area we had to walk through was not the best. It is a shame there is not some type of shuttle from the hotel. We could have taken a cab I suppose, but we will know better now.

I don't know what this area would be like when there is a sporting event or concert going on..probably pretty crazy, but I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Great for business travellers!

I stayed here during a week-long business trip, and I loved it! As someone else mentioned, the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel. The rooms were brand-new and modern, the service was excellent, and the breakfast buffet very good. I was also happy that they provided a shuttle to the business park where I had to go every day. The only downside is that the location was a bit dodgy. It was only a 20 minute walk for me (i'm slow) to downtown, but I wouldn't walk it after dark - take a taxi. Overall, a great place for business travellers and people attending the sports stadium accross the street.

Best bed and bathroom!

by TripAdvisor Member Travelz4me

We stayed here as part of a tour group for 3 nights total. The hotel is very new and modern. Everything is bright and clean. The room was spotless and decorated very nicely. The best part of the room has got to be the beds! So comfy! They have down comforters and the bed feels like you're on a cloud. The bathrooms are very nice as well. Stand up glass shower and seperate tub. Plenty of space to store toileties and everything else. Large flat panel TV and large desk area as well. It has a small table in the corner with 1 chair. The desk has a leather roll chair. The view from our window was not great, but the hotel interior made up for that. Breakfast was very good and service was as well. The concierge here is great. We spoke with 3 different ones and they were extremely helpful and knowledgable about the area. The location of the hotel is a bit far away from city center. We did a day on the Hop On-Hop Off tourist bus and the walk to the first stop was only about 10 minutes. It was a straight line to walk, so no chance of getting lost. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

first class hotel

by TripAdvisor Member green1675

We went to this hotel for my birthday in april, we only stayed two nights which is no where near enough to see all Dublin has to offer.
The hotel is around 15mins walk to o'connell street, I had read reviews before going and was a little worried about walking but it is fine a little run down but nothing more than in most city's.
The rooms in this hotel are really very nice, bathrooms have shower and seperate bath which is a bit novel for a hotel. the food in the resturant was of a very high standard and there was a very good choice for breakfast. Staff are very helpful and able to arrange trips, tickets taxi's etc.
Would recommend this hotel just check nothing is going on at Croke park when you plan to go, it may get a little busy and noisy if there is.

Croke Park DublinCroke Park Dublin

Hurling, Croke Park, Dublin (2004)Hurling, Croke Park, Dublin (2004)

Croke Park, Dublin - August 15th 2004Croke Park, Dublin - August 15th 2004

Transportation between Croake Park Hotel and airport & rail ststion

by suedetert

Is there a shuttle between the Croke Park Hotel and the airport? If so need info about this & how to arrange and cost. Also how do you reach the rail station from there--need to arrange getting to Cashal and then to Ashford Castle and then back to Croke Hotel. Thanks !!!!

by kilnamona

well shuttle normally means associated with the hotel and its noramlly free but croke park hotel doesnt have ,so u either need to take aircoach ,taxi , or regular bus http://wikitravel.org/en/Dublin

by annemariebyrne

That's a very complicated question and very complicated journey to plan on public transport! I agree with the previous answer about shuttle - you need to get a bus to Dorset St and then walk to the hotel. Staff at the airport bus stops will direct you to the correct bus, I'd suggest the no 16 local bus or the 747 airport to city bus. Or you you could just get a taxi to the hotel. There is no train to Cashel, you would have to get the train from Heuston station to Thurles and then get a local bus or taxi. Or you could get Bus Eireann to Cashel from the central bus staion, Busaras (www.buseireann.ie). As for how to get from Cashel to Ashford Castle I'm afraid I just don't have time to work that one out at present!

by Waoife

The only Ashford Castle I'm aware of is in County Mayo which is a long way from Cashel!!

I presume you want to see the Rock of Cashel - I'd suggest taking a day trip (should be easy to arrange online or with your hotel) from Dublin.

For Ashford Castle, I reckon the nearest train station would be Westport by I don't know Mayo too well so there may be somewhere closer. The train network is quite limited so you may well be able to get a lot closer to Ashford Castle by using a bus instead (buseireann.ie is probably a good starting point).

Comments