Dublin Hotels

Our Members Say

• Beausoleil profile photo Beausoleil
  • Reviews: 783

Roganstown Hotel: Near the Dublin Airport

We stayed at Roganstown Hotel twice because we had a car and wanted to be near the airport. The first time we were taking our daughter to the airport for her return to the USA while we were continuing our vacation. We arrived in time for a very nice dinner at one of the hotel restaurants. Both our room and our daughter's room were very nice. Clean, comfy beds, etc.

The second time we stayed was at the very end of our trip. We still had the car and had to return it to the airport for an early flight so we booked into Roganstown in hopes they would store our luggage for the day while we explored the area. (The hotel is officially in Swords, not Dublin.) They actually let us check in before lunch without charge. We had a sandwich in their pub and headed off to Malahide Castle for sightseeing. That was a bonus.

The hotel is in Swords, a small town near Dublin. It's nice if you have a car because you can drive right in and there is adequate parking. It's also well placed for visiting Malahide Castle, Knowth and New Grange in the area. Swords is a fun town too if you have some extra time.

They have a full restaurant and a pub-type bar. We tried both and were very happy with both food and service. The breakfast is served in the restaurant and is excellent. There is also a golf course if you are interested and they do have free wifi. The fax number is +353 (1) 8433-303.

If you are visiting downtown Dublin, you may want to stay downtown. If you have a car or need to be near the airport, this is perfect. It's homelike and pleasant, clean and comfortable and for sightseeing in the area, you have easy access to the countryside. The staff were all just wonderful.

Here are the GPS coordinates if you are driving.
Latitude: 53.486874 degrees
Longitude: -6.272979 degrees

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Historical Travel, Family Travel
  • Written November 5, 2014

Malahide Castle near Roganstown Hotel

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 4310

CONTINENTAL HOTEL: GREAT STAY NEAR HEATHROW

I found the Continental on a hotel website and realised just how close it was to Heathrow Airport. I needed a hotel because I was flying in from Algeria the day before I had work in London. The website looked very nice. When I arrived at Heathrow, Air Algeria decided that my luggage was best sent to France instead. So greeting Hounslow was a let down and it looks a bit worn down. I was in a foul mood until I got to the hotel. At reception I was greeted like a returning guest. Welcome! The 2 staff members cheered me up. They also explained that there was a discount clothing shop 1 block away and I had time to buy clothes. I also had time to be told what the hotel had to offer. I asked for a quiet room and a new key card was handed over wit ha smile.

I went up to be greeted by a very nice looking room at the very back of the hotel. The rooms are compact, but just one bounce on the bed told me I would enjoy a good night’s rest. Everything was modern, the bathroom was super-cool and I had a desk as well. Toiletries looked quite good, the TV had channels I would watch and I had places to hang clothes (minimalistic, but efficient.

I ran off and purchased some clothes and thanked myself for packing a T-shirt and swim shorts in my hand luggage. So off to the gym! Actually I walked through a very nice looking gym that was hosting an exercise class. The pool was ok. The best bit was the Jacuzzi that was very large and hot. I absolutely enjoyed a good soak to try and get over my long day.

After that, just a meal around the corner at a reasonable Indian restaurant.

In the morning my alarm clock in the room woke me up and I enjoyed my coffee and fantastic shower. Even my towels were awesome. This really set me up for a day at work. I was really impressed with this hotel. There are so many bad hotels in the greater London area. This is one of the shinning exceptions and an example of how a hotel should be run.

I was so pleased that I completed a comment card and left it at reception. The NEXT day I had a nice email from the General Manager – Mr. Wayne J Davis. What a fantastic guy. He had managed to read my bad handwriting perfectly and emailed me to say Thank You for my thanks! Why can’t every hotel manager in the world be like Mr. Wayne J Davis? His staff are happy to serve guests and I think this reflects the management style of the whole hotel. Well done!

ROOMS
• Nice beds
• Quiet rooms
• Wet rooms with a power shower
• Air-conditioning
• Coffee/tea facilities and mini-bar
• Free broadband
• Nice TV’s with some excellent channels

DINING AND BAR
• Twentynine Restaurant and bar - modern British and European cuisine
• Breakfast, lunch, dinner and a big TV with live sports

GYM AND SPA

• Secure car park - £15 a day

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Work Abroad
  • Written October 9, 2012

CONTINENTAL HOTEL - HOUNSLOW

• oriettaIT profile photo oriettaIT
  • Reviews: 510

Oacklodge Bed and Breakfast: Sleep Victorian

Our stay at Oaklodge B&B have been truly fantastic!
The house is in a Victorian neighbor very well connected to the center by bus and to the Airport by the Aircoach service that run 24 hour a day and stop in front of the Hampton Hotel, 5 minutes walking from the bed and breakfast.
The area is very quiet and we felt completely safe at every time of the day.
The room was very big, comfortable and clean with a private bathroom that looks like it have been renovated recently.
Teresa, the owner is a friendly and helpful lady and she cooked us some wonderful and huge Irish breakfast that set us for the day.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Architecture, Historical Travel
  • Written September 1, 2011

The house

• IrishFem profile photo IrishFem
  • Reviews: 406

Generator Hostel: Brand New Generator Hostel arrives in Dublin

Recently opened it's Dublin newest and largest hotel with over 500 beds. Generator Dublin Hostel is located right on Smithfield Square, in central Dublin.

Very close to the city within walking distance. Next door to the Old Jameson Distillery. Free walking tours and WI-FI. A luggage room, laundry service. The bar is open from 6pm to 2am with fun and games night every night. Breakfast is available for a small fee. The chill out lounge with free Wi-fi is opened 24 hours there are also internet terminals available to use 24 hours. There is a self catering kitchen. A laundry room for washing, drying and ironing clothes - a fee is charged for this. A luggage store which is free of charge and safety deposit boxes again a fee is charged for the use of this facility. The reception is open 24 hours a day with a duty manager available.
Rooms – Singles, Twins, Dorms all available.
Showers and Toilets – En-suite rooms which have the shower and toilet inside the room
Travelshop – Travel shop is open every day where you can purchase tickets, tours and a whole lot more.

Very close to the city centre. VIP suites with Jacuzzi. Private bedrooms. Female only dorms. Beds from 10 euros per night.

A shop that sells daily essentials. Souvenirs and information on booking tickets for shows, tours etc. Open 24 hours.

• Written July 30, 2011

Inside the Generator Hostel

• ralph.soule profile photo ralph.soule
  • Reviews: 11

Lynham's Hotel: Acceptable rooms, great price/location in Dublin

We stayed three nights in June 2010. This is a small hotel right in the thick of things on O'Connell Street, within a stone's throw of the Spire. This is a low cost, no frills hotel. The rooms are not fancy or large, but I thought they were acceptable and clean. The price (about half what other hotels in the vicinity cost) and the location are the best features. I thought the front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

I could not get the Wi-Fi to work on my devices, but could make do with what was available at a public library in the nearby ILac shopping center (roughly behind the hotel, off Henry Street between Dunnes and Debenhams department stores, across from Arnotts department store, open 10-2000 M-Thur, 10-1700 Fri-Sat). If I come to Dublin again, I will certainly consider staying at this hotel.

• Written July 31, 2010

• krissyM profile photo krissyM
  • Reviews: 281

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Oliver St. John Gogarty: Great Hostel Location but bring earplugs!

Oliver St John Gogarty is a lively hostel in the heart of the Temple Bar district of Dublin. It is within walking distance of all the major sights such as Trinity College and is also within walking distance of the bus stop to get to and from the airport. I would reccomend bringing earplug though because when I say lively, I mean lively. It is surrounded by Pubs and can get quite loud, especially on the weekends.

Rooms are twin, 4, 6, 8 and 10 bed dorms all with private ensuite. One thing that is kind of odd about this place is that there is only one key to the room. So, the room key has to be left at the front desk. However, each bed has it's own lockable cupboard so don't forget a lock.

The location can't be beat, only a few short steps to some of the liveliest bars in Dublin.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 30, 2010
Tip Photo

• kehale profile photo kehale
  • Reviews: 226

Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane: Great Hotel in the Docklands

We stayed in the hotel for five nights and had received a packaged that included free breakfast every morning in the restaurant onsite. We were really pleased with everything about our hotel. The room was a great size and very clean and the staff were all friendly and extremely helpful. Though it wasn't located directly in the center of everything, we didn't mind having to walk a little bit to get into the heart of everything.
Breakfast surprised us as it was really fantastic! It was a full hot buffet and we were able to fill ourselves up every morning. If you're able to get a package with free breakfast, definitely do it since normally breakfast is 15 euro. One thing to keep in mind, if you are staying on a weekend try and get there between 8 and 8:30 or else it gets really busy and depending on when you show up you might have to wait for fresh food. We found the earlier we got there the better.
We also visited the hotel bar a couple of times. The beer was only slightly cheaper than visiting any other pub in the city, but the staff were friendly and we would stop here at night before heading out for drinks.
Only small complaint we had was that the pillows weren't that comfortable, but it didn't really make for a bad experience and overall we were really happy with everything!

• Written November 29, 2009

• WanderingFinn profile photo WanderingFinn
  • Reviews: 359

Aaron Court Guest House: Very cosy guesthouse in a big private house

The guests had all possible hotel level facilities and services available, even this was a guest house accommodation. They would have organised even car hire and tours if wanted. All the rooms were en-suite, meaning every room had own bathroom.

The guesthouse was not in the heart of Dublin city, but it was handy and cheap to take one of the several buses to the city centre. This is a great place for those who respect peace and silence, and don't want to live in the middle of the city and noise; yet anyhow being able to reach the city whenever they want to.

I like private accommodation, pensions and guest houses a lot, as in those one gets the best touch to local life and local people.

The Ballsbridge area is a very safe and extremely peaceful, stylish residential area with some business and embassy activities too around. The room itself was spacious and comfortable. The house was big and nice, a big living room and breakfast room was in guests' use.

The breakfast! Not for someone who wants to eat healthy food...or perhaps, but I recommend asking for it beforehand. The price included full Irish breakfast, which is very heavy, greasy and the portions are not small (sausages, meatballs, grilled or fried tomatoes, mushrooms, toast with butter, fried eggs...).
I liked the way of serving the breakfast for everyone around one big table and not in several small separate tables. It was nice to talk with other people coming from all parts of the world.

• Written September 2, 2008

The breakfast room

• Moni87dk profile photo Moni87dk
  • Reviews: 14

Comfort Inn Citywest: Great Hotel - But Out of town

I had a very nice stay at the hotel, but the next time I get to Dublin again, I will chose a hotel closer to the town! It took me 40 minutes each morning to get to the center!
The area the hotel is situated in, is not great either. There´s nothing to do or eat, so when we arrived in the evening, we had to order from a pizzaria 20 minutes away.
HOWEVER the hotel is very nice! It´s really a luxury hotel for lesser money, and the rooms are very clean and tidy. The staff was very friendly and all in all our stay in the hotel was excellent, although it was situated to far out.

The rooms are great. You get tv, internet acces, cd player, coffee maker, towels, hair dryer, iron board etc.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written July 18, 2008
Tip Photo

• colettetourist profile photo colettetourist
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

galway city centre bed and breakfast: family run bed and breakfast

We stayed in this small family run bed and breakfast.It was run by a very friendly woman and the rooms were lovely and breakfast was included for 80 euros for room and full irish breakfast.It is 5 minutes from Galway city centre and has parking facilities.Highly recommended!!!For bookings telephone 0035391567559

A view of the main Galway city cemetry with hundreds of Celtic headstones.Lots of visitors taking photographs in here every day.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Trains
  • Written July 9, 2008

• denis&susan profile photo denis&susan
  • Reviews: 5

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Castle Lodge B&B: A Little Gem!

Spent just one night here but we were really happy with the place. Well located between Malahide village and the castle and 5mins. to the train station. Friendly staff, clean rooms and a great shower. 45 Euros PPS.

• Related to: Trains, Family Travel, Castles and Palaces
  • Written June 12, 2008

• lbhspatriot profile photo lbhspatriot
  • Reviews: 167

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marian Guesthouse: Budget Accommodation in a Great Location!

This Guesthouse is owned by a married couple and is combined of two Georgian houses in the proximity of O'Connells Street. Upper Gardiner street is supposed to be located in a deprived area but it is no shanty town!
The accommodation itself is a bit shabby, but very clean and a bargain. The meals where nice, with a variety to choose from (a cook was taking orders while we were seated in a large dining area), the rooms were ok - the paint needed some refreshening and the bed was a bit unstable, but it was clean, and despite my first impression I enjoyed my stay in there. You have to make sure to keep it tidy yourself though as there is no cleaning while you are checked in (but if you need fresh towels or anything be sure to ask the owners!).

I found thin Guesthouse online while I was looking or budget accommodation to stay in Dublin for Easter. The most important factors was its price and location, fairly cheap - 40 euros pp for an esuite, and in central Dublin right next to Mountjoy Square and only 15 minutes walk from the Spire at O'Connells!
Also the owners where quite nice (a nice suprise since they were a bit drunk during our checking in), they even let us leave our luggage when we check out at 11 am and let us take it in the evening when we were heading to the airport.
Overall I would say - if you can't afford a hotel in the city centre, try out Marian Guesthouse.

• Written May 4, 2008
Tip Photo

• scanos profile photo scanos
  • Reviews: 83

Howth: Dublin Accomodation

Cheap decent rooms in Dublin are quite hard to come by. There are a number of cheap Bed and Breakfasts around Talbot Street,Lower Gardiner Street and Store Street. The North Star Hotel in nearby Amiens Street is more upmarket and has deals sometimes like 2 Nights Bed & Full Irish Breakfast and 1 Table d'hote Dinner From 99 Euro per person sharing Available Midweek Sunday to Thursday. My own preference would be to stay somewhere like Howth which can be easily accessed from the centre by DART (Dublin Metro) and bus. See http://www.dublintourist.com/directory/accommodation/bed_and_breakfast/north_county/howth/ The prices are lower in Howth and the views are magnificent.

• Related to: Singles, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Trains
  • Written March 17, 2008

• EPoodle profile photo EPoodle
  • Reviews: 43
Daft.ie: Site for Short/Long-Term Accomodation

If you want to stay in an apartment which is usually cheaper than hotels, look on the site that lists lots of apartments for shor-term.

On the same site, you can find long term accomodation, as well.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written October 15, 2007

• cpiers47 profile photo cpiers47
  • Reviews: 140

Molesworth Court Apartments: Traveler's Heaven

My friend booked the Dublin leg of our trip and veered from the b&b's that had served us well in Connemara to Molesworth Court - a slightly posh apartment rental. The apartments are in a building with a courtyard and are on a quiet street to begin with. The housekeeper brought us milk and orange juice upon our arrival, which we placed in our extrememly well-outfitted kitchen.

The rooms were clean, bright and well-furnished - our apartment had a bedroom, living/dining, kitchen and bathroom. We were only staying for a night but could have easily settled in for much longer.

After a week of traveling with backpacks, our total fascination was with the clothes washer/dryer combo. Maybe I am way behind, but the fact that those two things could be done with one load in one machine is amazing! It was, however, smarter than we were. After much button-pushing and consternation (tempered with our undying love of clean clothes), we were treated to washed and dried clothes.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average