Dublin Road, Sutton Cross, Dublin, County Dublin, 13, Ireland
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Marine Hotel

Fantastic hotel - service out of this world

by TripAdvisor Member Dublinbride

We had our wedding in the Marine Hotel Sutton in July. I've been to this hotel many times before and have never had anything but praise for it.
Throughout our wedding the staff looked after every aspect of the day and were so attentive to each of our guests. A special mention to Patrick who made the day go without a hitch. These guys are pros at what they do and it comes across when dealing with them.
Food was amazing and our guests are still talking about it.
Accomodation was spotless and views amazing. Without a doubt one of the best days ever.

Impeccable Service at the Marine!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BklynZagsFan

We had the pleasure of staying at the Marine Hotel this past weekend for a friend's wedding. The staff were so accommodating -- from our early arrival on a flight from the States (our room was ready for us to have a much-needed rest!) to working diligently to find us a place that was open and delivering to Sutton for a late-night pizza craving -- they really went above and beyond to make ours a special experience. Of course, I cannot say enough about the views of the sea and Howth, and the hotel is really just steps away from the DART into town -- a convenient and quick ride. And of course, the staff were so incredibly gracious and caring during our friend's wedding reception. My fiance was the best man for this wedding, our first Irish wedding, and the hotel staff (especially Patrick!) took great care to make sure he was well-prepared for his role throughout the reception (both in terms of knowing what to do and having enough liquid courage to last through the nerve-wracking speech!) In all, we felt so well taken care of that we will definitely be booking the Marine Hotel for our next excursion to Dublin. Thank you!!!!!!

wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member anne321

I stayed at the Marine Hotel with my 3adult children, all in one nice clean big family room for my parents wedding anniversary. The hotel was really nice, lovely sea views,comfy lounge areas, and wonderful flower arrangements. The staff were excellent and enthusiastic and I thought the hotel had a lovely friendly and relaxed atmosphere but was very efficiently run and cared for.

Breakfast was good also.

My parents party was a great success. The room and food were excellent and staff very friendly and accommodating. In fact we plan to return next year for my mothers 80th birthday party and a long weekend with lots of family.

My children really liked the hotel too and my daughter plans to stay there next week on her way to the airport!

All had an excellant week-end break

by TripAdvisor Member WesternMayo

Myself and my husband and 3 kids under 8 had an absolutely wonderful stay over the Easter week-end at the Marine Hotel from the time we arrived to the time we left. It is one of the friendlist hotels we have stayed in and we were not expecting this in the Capital. You were treated as a guest and not just as a room number which seems to be the way of a lot of hotels today. From the waiting staff to the manager the staff were excellant and my kids got to know a lot of them by name in the short time we were there. The pool was excellant even if it was on the small size but it had a deep end which my oldest was delighted with. The kids ended up going to the pool twice a day! The rooms were very large which we needed for the three and there was no noise at night. We will definately be staying there on our next visit.

Marine Experience

by TripAdvisor Member liverpoolIreland

We were attending the wedding of our daughter and found the whole day a very pleasuable experience. On arrival the staff were very accomodating and professional. The wedding reception consisted of beautiful food and excellent staff who were able to maintain a high level of service throughout. The room was complete with all the essentials and had a wonderful view from the balconey out over the estuary. We would definately recommend the Marine Hotel for functions and parties.

Great Stay at the Marine

by TripAdvisor Member wishiwasgolfn

Spent our last evening , June 9, 2007 at the Marine Hotel prior to flying out of Dublin the next morning.
Upon arrival, we were greeted not only by the front desk, but by Graeme O'Toole, General Manager. Immediately we had reservations for dinner and someone to take our bags to our room.
The room was very nice and clean. Room was overlooking the garden area and the ocean. Beautiful view.
Had dinner in their dining room which was very good. Breakfast was also very good the next morning.
Stopped in the "pub" afterwords. Who was there making sure all the guests were being taken care of - Graeme the General Manager.
When we went to breakfast in the morning - there he was again. Made sure all was well with our short stay. Made sure a taxi was called for us and even personnally helped with our bags into the taxi.
Everyone there very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely stay there again next time in Dublin.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member EllenGrattan

We had a wedding reception at the Marine Hotel in May of this year.The reception in fact was for my mother who is in her seventies and has found love for the second time having been widowed for many years.As with all weddings the venue is always extremely important so we spent a lot of time searching for the perfect place.We decided on the Marine Hotel because from the first meeting with the management (Patrick & Graeme)we knew that they would pull out all the stops to make the day go off without a hitch.This indeed was the case in every aspect.We couldn't have asked for anything better.The food was well presented , plentiful and delicious.The service was efficient and friendly and we felt that nothing was too much trouble.I would highly recommend the Marine Hotel for any occasion because the location is idyllic set in beautiful grounds by the sea shore, the accommodation is of a very good standard and the welcome you get makes you feel like its home from home.

Home away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member DublinRoisin

My husband daughter (9years old) and I stayed here in June and then again in July 2007 as we were trying to locate a place to live having relocated to Dublin from Australia. We had a sad return to Ireland after my husbands mother passed away within three days of our arrival. It was several weks before we started work and with all our belongings en route from Australia and living out of suitcases we
were so pleased to have found the Marine Hotel which has become for us a real refuge over the trials and tribulations of the past few weeks. It was not surprising that when given the choice we returned to the Marine last week to regroup when our first foray into the real
estate market in Ireland 'fell through'.

The staff were all excellent and professional nothing was too much trouble....from the quiet breakfast scene to the fun dinner time..
..they made a special fuss of our 9 year old daughter who really enjoyed the swimming pool and the sauna was a great way to relieve stress!!! I see another reviewer mentioned the customer service and I
would wholeheartedly reiterate that this focus seems to emanate from the the top down. The General Manager was very visible often seen helping out as well as mingling with the guests .....I dont think Ive
seen that too often....he was kind enough to help us out with some very useful advice about the local area from schools to housing and access to a printer when we were up one night trying to sort out business matters from Australia. We honestly could not fault the service or the staff in any way....and we have seen the whole operations of the Hotel up close over two stays which will total nearly three weeks by the time we leave....the Marine Hotel will always be remembered by us as our first home in Ireland!!....a home away from home.....Congratulations to the team, the General Manager (who has just become a Dad) and the lovely atmosphere they have helped create for us.

Fabulous Wedding Experience

by TripAdvisor Member IrishLadyDublin

We were married on 29th June 2007 and had our reception in the Marine Hotel in Sutton Cross, Dublin.
We cannot honestly praise the hotel management and staff enough. The hotel is situated in a beautiful spot overlooking Dublin Bay and Howth Head, this added to the success of our wedding. Every little detail was attended to just as we had requested. My husband and I were treated like royalty.
The bridal suite was a joy to stay in, the food was excellent, the waiting staff were brilliant.
It was a thoroughly memorable and romantic day, made further possible by all in the Marine Hotel.
All our friends and relations have said what a great day they had with the attention afforded to them by the hotel’s local staff.

Our Special thanks to Graeme O’Toole, Patrick McNamara and Leslie Ann Glennon who made sure that everything was as we requested.

Thank you so much to everyone and we hope to visit you again shortly.
Colin and Mary Knightley

Marine Hotel lived up to the Hype

by TripAdvisor Member FABscotland

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Marine Hotel. Had booked the Marine Hotel as it had received such glowing reports on the trip advisor website. My family and I were not disappointed. The view from our room was beautiful with views of Dublin Bay and the lovely grounds of the hotel. All Hotel staff were extremely helpful and would go out their way to assist. The Hotel is ideally situated between Dublin City and the picturesque fishing village of Howth which is well worth a visit in itself. The food served at the Hotel was above average standard and reasonably priced in comparison to Dublin town centre and Howth. The location would not be ideal to those people interested in visiting Dublin's nightlife but to all other parties the Marine Hotel is the perfect staging post for trips to Dublin. If travelling into Dublin from the Hotel we can advise families to purchase a Daily Family rambler ticket for use on Dublin Buses(8.5 euros) from the Keoghs store across from the Hotel which allows for unlimited travel on the excellent DublinBus network for the day.

Comments