31 Leeson Close, Lower Leeson Street, Dublin, County Dublin, 2, Ireland

AMOMA.com Travelocity TheHotels.com

• PappaGiorgio's Profile Photo

Most Style and Class in Dublin

This place was something else. Upon entering the home's living room I felt like i had been transported to a 1960's-70's bachelor pad. The sunken couch area and mirrored bar were great. The room was comfortable as well. Breakfast was delicious and the staff were beyond helpful.

Unique Quality: I wish i had a picture of this place. It was amazing.

Directions: Kind of far from central Dublin. A bit south from St. Stephen's Green.

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Dublin B&B

One of the nicer B&B's we stayed at in Ireland. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was memorable especially the home baked breads.

Unique Quality: An award winning guesthouse in the heart of Georgian Dublin, it is the former home of leading architect Sam Stephenson. Set almost in the epicentre of Dublin, St. Stephen's Green, owners Deirdre and Noel Comer have made No 31 into a haven of quiet good taste, tranquillity and greenery.

The bedrooms are located in the Georgian house, and no two are the same. Each is decorated in an individual style, and all are en suite. The Coach house features an exclusive collection of original art, ranged around the sunken seated area. Guests can relax at the specially designed mirrored bar, and enjoy a delicious Irish breakfast in the plant filled conservatory.

Directions: Lower Leeson Street. From St Stephen's Green, go past Shelbourne Hotel, up Merrion row, turn right at Pembroke Street. Turn left onto Leeson Street. Leeson Close is next left.

More about Number 31

I enjoyed it and will return.

by TripAdvisor Member Yann1

Although I do agree with some of the other comments (the place does look a bit tired) I had a great time. I travel extensively due to work, and spend over 3 months per year away from home. I avoid big hotels because they are simply too boring, and will cost just as much. Number 31 is all but boring, they made me feel welcome and everyone was keen to help. Breakfast was very good and fresh.
I would not rate it as excellent, but it wasn't terrible or below average. Maybe you ought to go there with an open mind and enjoy the experience.
See you again Number 31!

dreadful place, so not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member Lucy

I haven't stayed in such an awful, run-down place even when I was a student. The rooms are not up to any standard I have seen in any hotel. Bedheads falling from the beds, loose wiring in electrics, shabby carpets. The place markets itself as full of antiques and unique, well I think it is uniquely awful. I do not believe that you need to experience this absolutely dire place, and there are much better (and cheaper) places to stay. A breakfast does not a place make, but a safe, quiet, warm, comfortable, room does. Number 31 has none of these qualities.

Home form home at Number 31

I have read a couple of comments about Number 31 and having stayed for 3 nights last week, I wanted to share my experiences. I travel to Dublin on business 2 to three 3 per year and usually for 4 days with colleagues. I would normally stay at either The Westin or The Merrion but this time wanted something different and saw a review of Number 31 in Conde Nast Traveller. Ann and Noel along with their team are gracious hosts who are committed to ensuring that guests are really made to feel welcome and any of their requests accommodated. Yes it's correct that the hotel has not got 24 hr room service or valet service but this just encourages better planning. The style is possibly a little ecclectic and "Shabby chic" but in my opinion all the more charming for it. My room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was memorable especially the home baked breads. The whole experience was great and walking through the door each evening to the smell of a peat burning fire is as good as I need it to get.

The Absolute Icing on the Cake of our Irish Vacation

My Fiancee and I recently took a 6 night break across Ireland. We stayed in some of the finest places in Ireland from the East coast to the West coast. We began in the Ring of Kerry at Sheen Falls Ledge (amazing), then Carrig House (phenomenal). After staying in a wonderful castle on our third night. We moved up to Dublin for three nights, two of which were spent at The Fitzwilliam hotel. Our third and final night was spent at Number 31. If it had not been for the need for a change of scenery, we could have spent the entire duration here.

How anyone can describe this place as overrated is baffling. Number 31 is one of the most welcoming places I have ever had the pleasure of staying at. The owners, who were on hand to chat and cook at breakfast talked with all the guests as if they had known them since school. I cannot recommend Number 31 highly enough. Spoil yourself.

an Oasis in a busy city

After several week of B&B's in Ireland I was ready for the luxury of #31. It did not disappoint. The owners treat guests like family. The lobby is comfortable and filled with fine art. Rooms and baths are large and comfortable. The breakfast was several notches above the traditional Irish breakfast with homemade breads, fresh berries daily and a choice of cooked entrees.

It is about a five minute walk to St. Stephen's Green but away from the bustle of the center of Dublin.

I cannot wait to return.

Don't miss this rare treat of a hotel!

Our experience at Number 31 was outstanding from the moment we arrived until our departure. Upon arrival at the equivalent of two o'clock in the morning (our time), we were greeted with open arms and immediately swept upstairs for tea and excellent irish breakfast. After relaxing with the lovely staff and Homer the dog, we were shown to our room and given excellent recommendations on what to do and where to go, including an excellent dinner restaurant idea. Each day upon our arrival at breakfast (you can't pass it up), Anne and staff were sincerely interested in how our previous day went and asked if we needed any assistance for our current day's adventure. Aside from the great staff, the accomodations were excellent. Our room was in the Georgian house and had more space than one could wish for in Europe. High ceilings, pretty decor, very clean. We couldn't have asked for a better location. We walked everywhere, from Trinity College, to Grafton Street, to the Jameson Distillery, to Temple Bar, Christ Church, St. Peters, the National Library, the Writers Museum, and so on. As frequent travellers to Europe, we are happy to have found this jewel of a hotel and will most certainly return to our "home away from home" at Number 31.

number 31 -double check what room you want

by TripAdvisor Member lovelylynda

I came to the hotel a while ago as a treat and asked for a specific room

why I was upset we were put in a normal room and when mentioned that I had requested and paid for a better type of room was given this next day without compensation and no apology

it wasnt nice as this was a pressie

The site for the hotel does not seem to reflect what you get

A Heavenly Oasis

This Hotel is the most wonderful Oasis we have ever stayed.
My Husband and I checked into Number 31 for 2 nights on one of the busiest weekends of the year, the weekend of the rugby 6 nations between Ireland and England.
Number 31 was booked solid with not a bed to spare.
We were welcomed by the lovely Anne on a very busy Satyrday morning and after the most amazing breakfast we've ever experienced in this city she was on hand to chat and provide us with all the interesting information we needed during our visit here.
Our room was splendid, beautifully decorated airy bright and spacious, very quiet even though we were situated in the heart of the city.
The staff and owners of Number 31 were incredible, they went out of their way to be helpful.
Number 31 will come highly reccomended to our friends and family, and look forward to relaxing in this heavenly Oasis on our return to Dublin

Comments