Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Dublin

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 81% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Radisson Blu

This was excellent hotel in comfortable location to spend the weekend in Dublin.
    From the hotel point of view, the qualities and services were very good, great breakfast, free WiFi, and so on. Then basically we could also walk from here to all major attractions so this whole been very convenience.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Golden Baby

My usual haunt, the Four Seasons, didn't have a suitable room available for me this week (July 2008) so I decided to take a chance and try this relatively new hotel, mainly because it was close to my place of business at the Four Courts and also because it had very sizeable work-suited junior suites.

I was more than rewarded at taking this chance and straying from my routine Dublin Den.

I was driving and found the hotel very easy to get to, plus there was ample safe parking under the hotel at just €10 per night.

As we checked in our bags were whisked to our rooms and were there when we arrived, without even opportunity to tip the very friendly bellboy.

My junior suite was enormous. There was a king size bedroom with 42" flatscreen tv, several armchairs, a desk, bedside tables etc. With the nightly turndown service you get an apple - nice touch. That bed was just sinkable-into:-) The bedroom had its own en suite bathroom complete with flatscreen tv behind the bath, double sinks, walk in rainforest shower, and plenty of fluffy towels. Oh, there was also a walk in closet.

Then came the living area - spacious dining area with a long table and dining chairs, a full bar, nespresso machine, kettle, teas and coffees, more wardrobe space; then the lounge with a three seater sofa plus a six seater, and yet another 42" tv. There's also another toilet, iron and ironing board, second bar in the bedroom, four or five telephones, and huge bright windows with views to the Dublin mountains.

The piece de resistance was the "secret lift" which was a seperate private access and egress from the room via this private lift which lead down to a side door of the hotel. Great for quick escapes if you had a secret lover or three;-)

Downstairs, the restaurant and bar were top class. Each will merit a seperate review but for now I will mention breakfast - it's almost as good as you get anywhere in the world. The almost is because they don't appear to have eggs benedict; but they do have succulent omelettes, freshest of fruit, perfect danish pastries, the impossible to beat Irish bacon and sausages. You know, I bet if I had asked they would have made up the eggs benedict:-)

Unique Quality: This hotel is open just a year and is impeccable in design and style. For a four star hotel you get five star standards and service.

You bet I'll be back.

Directions: Close to Christchurch Cathedral on Dublin's fashionable Southside

More about Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Dublin

Excellent modern hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sirius99

Excellent hotel in all aspects. Room, decoration, staff, location, food.
We had a wonderfull stay, nothing to complain, which happens rarely when we travel.
It 's a safe choice and you can't go wrong by selecting this hotel.

Stylish Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kevin-Teresa

Stayed at the Radisson for one night only and was impressed by the decor and efficiency of the staff. It is beautifully kitted out.Hotel itself is very cenrally located and is within easy walking distance of Temple Bar, Grafton Street and the main shopping district. It is rather expensive but as a treat well worth it. However I was disappointed with the breakfast. The hotplate was anything but and ranged from luke warm to downright cold. Certain food items were not even presented in a serving dish and were simply left in the pots in which they were cooked. Not on considering the price. In addition parking onsite is €10.00 a night extra which should be taken into consideration.

What a great find in central Dublin

by TripAdvisor Member minicooper77

This is one hotel I would like to keep secret (just for me!) but It would not be fair not to share!

We had a great four night stay from 4-9th December. As we are a family of four it is sometimes difficult to find rooms large enough to accomodate us without having adjoining rooms which is both expensive and not ideal for a 4 & 12 year old.

The Hotel is located a short walking distance from the main shopping streets in Dublin and near enough for other attractions either by bus, train or river.

Our room was fab, we had a "junior suite" which consisted of a lobby, one king size bed & one rollaway for whch was perfect for our needs. In addition to this there was a large "sitting/dining room" complete with lots of comfortable seating and plenty of room on the large dining table to eat. There was also a desk and large Plasma/LCD TV.

In the main bathroom (as there was an extra toilet included just off the lobby area) there was a plasma TV that you could watch in the rather huge bath! This was a major hit with my children, they don't normally like the mention of bathtime but this was no problem! I could not get them out of it! There was also a walk in shower in the same bathroom. and yet another large screen TV in the main bedroom ( a teenager's delight)!

All the staff were very pleasant and welcoming and very efficient.

At breakfast there was a huge choice, cold cuts, juices, cereals, various teas to suit all palates. Fruit, pastries, muffins and a "full Irish breakfast of eggs (anyway) sausages, irish mushrooms, bacon, black and white pudding, beans, new potatoes and tomatoes.

All in all a lovely relaxing stay in a super hotel

Great new hotel, very comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member CamJones

This Radisson hotel was only opened in August 2007 so everything is new. I found it to be a really comfortable hotel to stay in. The rooms are great, high quality and functional. The bathrooms are good with separate shower and bath.

The bar in the lobby is trendy and nicely done, especially for a hotel bar. Pretty good location just outside the Temple Bar area so it is quite.

I would recommend this if you like chain hotels.

Apologies my pictures are not very good quality as they were taken with a phone camera.

A Gem in the City Centre

by TripAdvisor Member Irish_Traveller085

Stayed in this hotel just before Xmas, I found the whole experience to be extremly pleasurable. The hotel itself is new, clean, modern and very very stylish. The decor in the foyer and hotel bar is amazing. Staff are very professional. Rooms are spacious and the bathrooms pure class, with fabulous rainfall showers.
We had the pleasure of attending a party in the penthouse suite, the food and champange were first class and the views are amazing! Breakfast in bed was excellent.
Only two small issues, the car park is small and fills up very quickly, and the location of the actual hotel is not the best, while it is very close to Grafton Street, Camden Street etc, the area is run down and you dont want to walk around there alone at night.

Service pretty lame

by TripAdvisor Member caz78

We booked into the 1 bed suite for our 3 night stay in Feb 08. No complaints about the suite - it was lovely. But don't expect an amazing view - ours was into the local council estate and straight into the window of the flat across the road on the otherside.

However, comfy bed, huge comfy sofas, monsoon shower, TV in the bath, great decor throughout. Toiletries pretty mediocre (very watery and odd smelling) and the lighting was poorly designed. (Looks like they'd made a few changes to the layout and forgotten to change the lighting resulting in some odd dark spots).

It was more the service that let the Radisson down. Despite paying almost £700 quid for my stay, I felt they fobbed me off on several things. Nothing major, just little things. It was more the manner - they were right and I was wrong - that bothered me. Ok it's a bit petty, but:

1. Apparently there was a special 'VIP' lift for just us to use as we were in the suite. No one told us this on check in and we only found out half way through our stay. Not that I minded getting the other lift (not sure what the difference is anyway really)

2. Our room keys were very tempremental. Very frustrating every time we went out of the room we had this ordeal which usually culminated in going back down to reception to get the maintenance man or the master key. Each time we were made to feel like idiots

3. When we returned to our room after the end of the day it hadn't been cleaned or tidied. When we told reception we were told that we hadn't ASKED for it to be tidied/ bed made etc when we checked in. Silly us! I just presumed that for over £200 a night we would get our bed made with out asking.....

4. They make a big song and dance in the marketing material about a coffee machine - the Nesspresso - in the room, however it's not obvious how to use it and they didn't have any instructions they could give us so we couldn't use it the whole stay.

5. When we complained the drinks in the mini bar were warm (not just room temperature, but warm) they told us that is how it's supposed to be. Yeah right, but honestly I'm not going to start arguing with them over something like that.

6. And there were loads of other careless things really, like only giving us one bathrobe when there were two of us, the breakfast waiter not offering us tea or coffee, clearing up breakfast 5 mins after the last sit down time, not washing up tea cups and glasses in the room, large purple stain on the white duvet cover.

I'm probably making it sound worse than it is. I suppose I'm a bit miffed i wasn't made to feel special really.

A few good points though:

1. good selection of breakfast stff
2. cool bar
3. Really nice neat little iron and ironing board in the wardrobe.
4. an apple was brought round every evening (?!)
5. It's nice and quiet but really handy for everything in the city

My favourite Radisson in Ireland!!

by TripAdvisor Member athtrasna

I am a long time fan of the Galway Radisson so it's hard to say it has been replaced as my favourite but the Royal beats Galway.

Decided last minute to stay in the city centre and there was availability at this hotel so why not. Rate was okay for a 4* city centre.

This hotel is quite simply beautiful. The lobby, the bar and lounge, the corridoors, the rooms. Regretfully I did not have my camera with me.

The rooms are huge! Large bed, wall mounted tv, desk area, couch. Plenty of mirrors including a giant full length one (tastefully located!). Bed was comfortable and room temperature was perfect. Loads of surfaces and table space and plenty of storage.

Bathroom delightful with underfloor heating, large bath, separate rainforest shower and large vanity area. Only thing missing was a magnifying mirror (which this short sighted traveller finds essential in a hotel).

I loved this hotel. Just two negatives though - the location while convenient is hardly the most appropriate setting for a luxury hotel. Council flats do not make a good background. Also the hotel advertises having a gym, in fact they have an arrangement with a gym 5 minutes down the street and no gym on site. This is misleading.

Overall highly recommend this hotel.

Good Chain Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dl

After reading 1,000's of reviews and searching and searching for a hotel in Dublin we finally decided upon the Radisson SAS and it was a good choice for our purpose. We figured that since it was new having opened in the Fall, it would still be in good shape and it was. Enjoyed a 4 night stay in a standard room. .. comfy bed and very nice bathroom. The bathroom had a separate shower and large bath with a hand held device too. Room had a king size bed, big pillows, a desk, and chair and a chair for relaxing. There was a small narrow table beneath the large screen tv. The 2 drawers in it and the 2 drawers in the desk were very narrow and if one had a lot of clothes, it might be a bit tight.
Iron and ironing board in the closet along with a kettle and instant coffee and tea. Would have preferred regular coffee. The upgrade of 35 euros per night does provide for breakfast and an expresso maker in the room. There were directions in the drawer for the expresso maker. The breakfast buffet was excellent-just about any food that you might like.
Location was good for seeing all the major sights. Staff, while very nice, were not that knowledgeable about anything that we asked them, although they tried. While a good safety feature, one had to insert one's room card key in a slot in order for t he elevator to go up, we continually had trouble getting the card key to connect and had to keep re- inserting it to get the elevator to finally move. All in all a nice stay at a new hotel.

Very nice modern hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member TheM-Es

We (couple in our 30's) stayed here for 3 nights at the end of Feb 08, and overall we were extremely pleased with our choice, I had agonised over which hotel to choose and felt like I'd made the right choice for us.

We are well travelled (35+ countries always 4/5 star) and I like a bit of luxury so I booked the junior suite - and VERY nice it was too. The service we received from the hotel staff was excellent without being smarmy, and no-one appeared to have their hand-out for a tip, which I did expect.

The breakfast is possibly the best we have ever had, superb choice and quality, and again service was exemplary.

There was no noise at all from anywhere, which seems to be a bit of a problem at other hotels.

There was a couple of minor problems with room service which we used a couple of times, the second night our food took 40 mins to arrive and was cold - however, the staff replaced it immediately with no fuss and plenty of apologies and removed all charges from our bill - so although there was a problem, the staff dealt with it excellently and without fuss - exactly what you want really.

The location was great, especially if you dont want to waste time having to get to and fro, its 5-10 mins walk to pretty much everywhere, my husband hates walking but we still managed it!

Couple of really friendly pubs full of locals if you're interested - O'Neils just off Dame Street, and O'Sheas the Merchant on the Liffey opposite the Brazen Head.

Anyway, in summary if we were going to go back to Dublin, I'd book this hotel in a heartbeat.

Comments