Regency Airport Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 28% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• brackney's Profile Photo

This Is A Great Place To Stay

I wondered when I read some negative reviews - but the camplaints I read were unjustified. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful, from the maids to the front desk to the pub to the manager. I usually find that6 if you are polite and friendly, you will be treated the same, so have no fear, these folks are great. As to the hotel: yes it is older, but that's part of the charm. It was clean, well furnished, and the older part had glorious woodwork and tile. We had a great view of Dublin. And getting back and forth to Cinty Center could not have been easier: a short walk and grab the bus - ANY bus heading into town will do. Hghly recommend the Carvery for lunch - good food, friendly staff. And the pub is a must in the evenings. Again, be friendly, and they will be very friendly back. We enjoyed trying new things that were recommended. We WILL be going back to Ireland some day... and we will stay here again. (It was part of an air/hotel package and VERY reasonable.)

Unique Quality: Great view of the city.

Directions: Between City and Airport

• flyfreak's Profile Photo

Horrible hotel

Try to avoid this horrible hotel. First of all, the name is very misleading. It is called Airporthotel but it takes you some 20 minutes to get from the airport there. Then it is a huge hotel which reminds of a spooky castle (try to walk down the stairways instead of taking the lift and you will understand what I mean - you will have a HARD time to find your way out of this labyrinth!).

Unique Quality: The staff was absolutely unfriendly and unqualified. The rooms are grubby and the price unreasonable high. Lots of group travel, masses of tourists and the breakfasts and dinners are a battle with other tourists and waiters. I cannot recommend any other hotel in Dublin as I have been only to this one - but stay away from the Regency Airport Hotel.

• daryll's Profile Photo

Perfect City Breaks

The hotel stands on an area of high ground, overlooking the city centre. It is located three kilometres from the city centre, on the main route to Dublin's international airport. Perfect of families and friends.

Unique Quality: Room was perfect, should ask for a newly refurbished rooms. You'll get a great view and a glimpse of city centre and Milennium Pole.

More about Regency Airport Hotel

Drinks and food at Fagan's Pub

by flyfreak

Fagan's Pub is a nice and huge Irish pub. It is in walking distance of the hotel where we stayed (20 mins walk from the Regency Airport Hotel) in Drumcondra. They serve huge portions of food and the first time we went there we had already eaten - which was a pitty because that stuff looked really nice! On the weekends you see everybody having nice food and lots of beer with it :-) We realised that they do not cook on Sunday evenings, so we had to leave without tasting the food :-(

Loved the Regency

I stayed at the Regency Airport Hotel in July 2004.
I had a very enjoyable stay while there. When i checked into my room it stank of stale cigarette smoke but I went back to the reception and the changed my room, my fault for not stating that I wanted a non smoking room ( even though I have no idea how even a smoker could sleep in a room that stank of cigarettes). The room was clean and had every thing you needed there. The hotel is old but it has character and it has ambiance. I find some of the new boutique hotels lack character & any sort of ambiance, the furniture & furnishings are bland & basic and it makes your stay feel like so.
The breakfast was excellent and plentiful.
The restauant bar at the hotel serve excellent food.
I would defintely stay at this hotel again.

A Good Clean Tourist Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member RebelDJ

I was a little troubled when I read some of the negative comments about this hotel - after I had booked it.

I can only say that I was pleasantly surprised. Sure the decor is not totally up to date, and some of the communal areas look a bit tired, but the rooms are large and clean, well valeted and those on the top floor have great views over the city.

No, it is not a luxury hotel, but the prices reflect that. The breakfast is hearty and was included in our room rate which was only 49.50 euros per room!!

Loved the view (5th floor), large room, clean.

Stayed for three nights at $100.00 per night, including tax and Irish breakfast. The view from our 5th floor bedroom was outstanding. Room was large, we reserved a double room and got a double bed AND a single bed (perfect, since we have our 2 yr old son). Room was clean, beds were made each day. Would stay here again.

All that we needed

I was scared that this place was going to be a "dive" after reading these reviews, but I was extremely satisfied with our stay. Our room was warm, clean, and all that a three start hotel says it is. Our breakfast was included in the price we paid (from Expedia) and was delicious every morning. The staff were all helpful and friendly. We hadn't realized how far out of the city the hotel was (not far as distance, just inconvienent as far as getting back late at night). If you want a simple and clean, as well as moderately priced place to stay in Dublin, this one will do just fine.

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member ostan14

Very Happy with my short stay at the Regency, the night before an early morning flight.

It is an older style hotel, with long walk through corridors to get to the room. Slight musty smell in corridor beside 2nd floor lift. Our room was large and spacious, and spotlessly clean.

Unfortunately we left too early to have the breakfast which was included in our bargain room rate ( from hotel's own website).

I really don't understand what other reviewers were unhappy about. This is a three star hotel, located near the airport - not city centre - and offers three star facilities. It is clean and comfortable and value for money. That's all I expect from a three star hotel.

Hotels Near Dublin Airport

by vaibhav_s

I am coming to Dublin on 1st August for 3 days from London. Information about nice hotel to stay near dublin Airport. Hotels should be either 3 star or 4 star

Also let me know about agencies from where i can hire a car for 3 days

by SalthillGuy

There are some excellent hotels at Dublin Airport. If you are coming on business, all hotels at Dublin Airport are equipped with conference facilities and smaller meeting rooms. This links gives details - http://dublinairporthotels.ebookireland.com/
I think all of those listed have a shuttle bus service from the terminal building.

Regarding car hire, all of the major car hire companies operate out of Dublin airport. This link offers cars from several of the main companies. You can easily see who is offering the best deal and compare all on one page - http://carhire.ebookireland.com/

All of the local hotels all have their own car parking facilities.
If you are visiting with your family, you will find Dublin airport very convenient for tourist attractions in the area, as it is right on the motorway.
Enjoy your stay in Dublin.

by leics

If you prefer to book directly with the companies which hire cars at Dublin airport (on the spot or pre-booked online, which is always cheaper)they are listed here:

The official Dublin tourist information site has an accommodation search engine (which lists all hotels etc):

and there are other sites which list airport hotels too:

Check several as well and sites such as www.booking.com to find the best rate for your dates.

by annemariebyrne

If you don't want to stay at the airport but a few miles away and still on a direct route to the airport I'd recommend the following:
The Regency Airport Hotel on www.regencyhotels.com
The Skylon Hotel on www.bmceniffhotels.com
The Croke Park Hotel on www.doylecollection.com

For car hire try www.budget-ireland.com

Comments