46 Northumberland Road, Dublin, 4, Ireland

Hotels.com Booking.com Official Site

• WBeall's Profile Photo

Saunas in the rooms!

The Roxford hotel is voted one of our all time favorite hotels. Everything from the customer service, bed, internet, free parking, SAUNA in the room, Jacuzzi, and much more were way over our expectations. This hotel pretty much has everything you could possibly want. It is also located directly in front of a bus stop and if you want to walk you are only about a 15 min walk to the city centre. We had a great stay here at the The Roxford hotel.

Unique Quality: Free Parking
    Free internet (Great service)
    Breakfast
    very clean

More about Roxford Lodge Hotel

Lap of luxury...

by TripAdvisor Member Eirianwen

I have just come back from 3 amazing days in Dublin. We booked the Roxford Lodge Hotel after reading the great reviews on here and we were not disappointed! I booked the hotel over the phone to make sure we’d get a room with 3 beds in it rather than the double and one single most other hotels offered.

We got to the hotel and were escorted to the Executive suite and our jaws dropped when we saw the room. It had a 4 poster bed, 2 single beds, balcony, kitchen, office, plasma screen TV and best of all a Jacuzzi and steam room! We spent a lot of time in the room rather than trawling the city in the rain as we would usually have done!

If you’re coming to Dublin then I recommend you stay at the Roxford Lodge Hotel – it’s great value and in an ideal location – close enough to the city without the madness of places like Temple bar. The hotel is also close to the Shelbourne Park greyhound races where we had a wonderful evening winning and loosing our Euros. We'll definitely be going back again.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Coyne

Our family recently stayed at the Roxford Lodge Hotel for three nights. Four adults (2parents,2college students) stayed in the family quad room. Our accommidations were great. Nice large room with 2 twins and a double bed, large bathroom with with tub and even a sauna (which we did not use). A full Irish breakfast was included each morning which was very good. I booked this room online after some e-mails with Stepanie at the hotel. Upon our arrival we were greeted and given coffee, tea and cookies to snack on while our room was being completed. The walk to town central (i.e. Trinity College ) was straight down the road aproximately 15-20 minute walk. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel door,but we walked each day. I would advise having a good city map as the names of the streets in Dublin change frequently!!!
Dublin is a great city to explore on foot..lots to do in a easily walkable area. We did take a city bus tour to Guinness and Jameson....that does help you get your orientation about the city.
We used a taxi service to and from the airport ...very nice and helpful cabbies!! Dublin can be an expensive city to stay in , but our room at the Roxford was wonderful and not so pricey!!! I highly recommend it. Do visit the Dublin tourist center in town. It is full of helpful info and free city maps...has to be on of the nicest tourist centers I have seen.

Another fan of the Roxford

by TripAdvisor Member FourOnTheGo

You really can't find a better place than this - lovely staff, incredible food and the best hotel room I've stayed in for years. We are a family of four who were easily accommodated by the incredible executive suite - an oasis with a four-person sauna, jacuzzi tub, two TVs, in-room business center (free), full kitchen, wonderful beds - the list goes on and on. The kids never wanted to leave the room! Staff were as kind and helpful as could be and the breakfast was absolutely spectacular. The location was great for us, as it was easily accessible to central Dublin by several buses or walking, but enough out of town to be extremely quiet. Airport coach stop just a block away. Dublin is a great town - I'd like to see in the summer, as we were there in January and it was awfully cold! - but the Roxford Lodge kept us warm, fed and supremely comfortable.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member quoadhoc

This is a wonderful hotel for a reasonable price. I think we payed around $150 for a triple room. Our room had one double bed and two twin beds.

The room was very large and unique. They crown moldings were intricate and looked original to the propery. Our room had double doors, so it was extremely quiet. The bathroom was enourmous and had a jacuzzi tub. We also had a small sauna in the room, but we were too busy exploring Dublin to try it.

The staff were very friendly. They offered us cookies and coffee/tea every time we entered the hotel. When I didn't feel like drinking coffee or tea, I asked for orange juice and they brought it without a problem. The breakfast (included in the price) was OK and kept me feeling full for a few hours.

This hotel is very accomodating. When I called to reserve the room, I told them we would be arriving at 10am and asked if we could store our bags until check in time. To my surprise, the woman told me that there was no set check out time and our room would be ready by 10am! True to her word, we arrived around 10am and our room was ready for us! After a long flight, we really appreciated this.

The Roxford Lodge is more like a B&B than a hotel. I recommend it to everyone.

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member GatorGirlMiami

Just came back from a stay at the Roxford Lodge and I was very impressed. The AirCoach stops at the SchoolHouse Hotel a block away and there is a bus stop right outside the door. The hotel is about a 20-25 minute minute walk into the town center. The rooms are very clean, but I could do without the sauna. Breakfast in the morning was
delicious. Most importantly, the staff was extremely helpful and courteous.

If you're looking for a place close to the action with a modern touches, then this isn't the place for you. If you would like a quiet, pleasant get away, then the RoxfordLodge is PERFECT! My husband and I are will definitely being staying there again.

Roxford stay

by TripAdvisor Member pfxlax

Roxford Lodge is a good value and farily close the the city center. Staff is great, rooms were very nice and clean. Both my sons loved the saunas. Quiet area of the city. Great restaurant down the street--Rolys Bistro. Good Pub around the corner--Beggars Bush, large patio and the host Michael is great. Bus service to the airport is easy, right down the block. I would contact the hotel directly to book as I found out I could have recieved a better rate.

A Very Good Small Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member r2uzenblot

A city centre hotel for one night.... always a risk. Just for once I have a glowing experience for one.

The Roxford Lodge is obscured by a bus sign at the front and the car park at the back is not easy to find but once you overcome these minor matters then it's all good news. Reception was friendly and made us coffee and gave us chocolate biscuits whilst they finished the rooms (we did arrive at noon....).

The rooms were clean, spacious, well equipped and everything worked. What more could you ask for? And I slept the whole night in a very comfortable bed.

Breakfast was reasonable and if only the price was a bit more sensible then it would have got 5 stars.

Although about 15-20 minute walk from Temple Bar I would recommend it to anyone going for a short stay in Dublin.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Ernest7

We booked a three night stay at the Roxford Lodge after reading the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Now that we've visited we can only agree with everything we read.
The hotel is clean, the sauna and jacuzzi are nice touches and the people really are very friendly. We were asked if we wanted coffee and biscuits every time we returned to the hotel.
Getting to the hotel is easy enough. The AirCoach stops just down the road.
You'll probably want to catch the bus to get into the city and back but that's not much of a problem as the bus stop is right outside.
We bought a three day rambler ticket which allows you unlimited travel for 10 Euros each. You can get these from the bus depot or quite a few newsagents.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did !!!

4 Nights in May 07

by TripAdvisor Member terrya

At first glance I was alittle disappointed but all that went away. The rooms are small but you don't spend much time in them. I would definitely recommend this B & B and Agnes is wonderful!! Here are the pros and cons:
Pros
-Quite location with bus right outside your door & 10 min from city center
-Rooms are clean and cozy
-Hospitality is like being at Grandma's house
-Full breakfast and you order whatever you want
-Jacuzzi bath and sauna are great
-Walking distance to Jury's to catch all tour buses
-We came home late one night and Agnes even made us a midnight snack. We also left very early one morning for a tour and Agnes opened the kitchen and said to help ourselves. Where else are you going to find that?

Cons
-Bring washcloth
-Beds are a bit hard but not horrible
-Pillows rather flat
-You can hear neighbor if their TV is loud, but everyone seemed very respectful of each other
-There are other hotels at a lower price but considering the pros, it's worth it

We enjoyed our stay!!

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member sklaura

It took us a long time to decide where to sleep in Dublin: too many difficulties, too many differences in the small group of friends. it was six of us, two single men in their old thirties, my husband and I, his father, and our gorgeous 10-months baby.
We took our time to read carefully through your reviews, could not be wrong this time with small Ginevra at her first trip abroad!
Absolutely fantastic.. could not have chosen a better place to stay. Very quiet at night since far enough from Temple Bar, very good location to walk to the centre, restaurants and pubs since near enough to Trinity College (20 mins on foot), very easy to move from and to, since the bus stop just in front of the hotel, very very clean as I've never seen around the world (lounge, kitchen, rooms, stairs, windows).
Best of all, people are nice as never ever expected, helped us a lot with our baby (by the way, supplied the biggest cot I've ever seen - thank you she was delighted), showed us what we needed, from where-to-find water to how-to-get to Malahide, always with that incredible smile (Ms Stephanie, thank-you we all remember you with love). I cannot tell you all what they did for us, just have not enough space! But trust, you won't be disappointed.
What more.. breakfast is great, with the same fantastic kindness we were asked to chose from full Irish and other delicious dishes. No worries.. chose whatever, everything is fresh, well-cooked, nice and... it's a lot!
Definitely a place that we recommend and where would stay again!

"The Flirt in the Skirt"… (at the right)"The Flirt in the Skirt"… (at the right)

The Horseshoe BarThe Horseshoe Bar

DART Station - Pearse StreetDART Station - Pearse Street

The twin 'complex' viewd from a bus!The twin 'complex' viewd from a bus!

roxford lodge hotel

by taybo

has anyone stayed at this hotel,any info would be helpful ie;rooms,distance to city centre,places to eat closeby etc.this is our first trip to Ireland and we will be hiring a car and driving to Galway,Tipperary,Blarney,Cork and Rossclare in 8 days,staying at b&b's on the way. any advice or tips would be really appreciated.

RE: roxford lodge hotel

by nige_

hi,check out www.ireland.ie it will give you information on b+bs and the distance and best route to take to get to your selected destination.

nige