Stauntons on the Green Hotel

Stauntons on the Green
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

Hotel by the Stephen's Green

The hotel is located within walking distance of shopping district, Grafton Street. It's right by the Stephen's Green Park and is close to Trinity College. Many theatres, restaurants, bars and city nightlife nearby. Nice rooms with modern decorations.

Note: No parking facility at the hotel.

Directions: A few blocks from the corner of St. Stephen's Green West and South.

• Great location

We stayed at Stephen's Green Hotel for 8 nights this past November. (2004). Our trip combined business and pleasure so location was important for us.
    It's located on the southwest corner of Dublin’s Stephen’s Green park, only 2 minutes walk from Grafton Street. Along Grafton Street the there are unlimited shops and restaurants.
    The hotel itself is ok... rooms are of a reasonable size and are generally comfortable . Our room (King 3rd floor) looked out to the main street and there was no problem with noise. At the time they were offering an upgrade to a suite for an extra 40 euro. We looked at the suite and they looked nice. The view was of the back alley (yuck) and the staff member with us us said that sometimes the pub across the back alley gets really noisy. Hmm. I'm a light sleeper so we stayed where we were. During our stay housekeeping always left some chore undone in our room. One day the garbage was not emptied, another day toiletries not replaced, another day table was not wiped off. The cleaning staff room/closet/office was directly across the hall from our room and there was always the noise of a phone ringing, or cleaning staff talking. There was also the issue of the cleaning staff leaving a heaping cart full of USED towels at the end of the hall. It was there all day and into the evening. Every day! Isn't that a health code violation? Looked really cheap and shabby. I've never seen this practice at any hotel motel 6 included. I guess the hotel is one contradiction after another. They try really hard to be classy and then fail miserably in another area that should be easy to succeed in. I have definately stayed in worse places and if I were to return to Dublin I may stay here again but not in a room across from the staff closet.

Unique Quality: Pretty much average in all areas. Views are of a tree lined street with an office building (with security cameras facing the hotel) across the street. I never saw anyone in the restaurant in the evening and the breakfast buffet was average. The bar was always busy during happy hour...pretty lively.
    Bedrooms are fully air conditioned and well appointed with fixed and wireless broadband. All bedrooms are equipped with mini fridge, personal safe, in built North American and European plug sockets, work desk, trouser press, cable TV, tea/coffee facilities. The Magic Glasses is the name of the bar, much frequented by local Dubliners. Pie Dish Bistrothe restaurant. Stephen’s Green has a business centre and complimentary gym available on a 24 hour basis to all guests. Wireless and fixed broadband are available in all bedrooms. Wireless broadband is available in all public areas and conference rooms.

Directions: SW corner of St Stevens Green.

• Wonderful Dublin Hotel

I stayed here on a three-day business trip in February, 2004.

Great location -- most everything you'll want to see is nearby and accessible on foot. Quiet, but close to the action, and adjoining picturesque St. Stephen's Green. Handome, spacious room, huge bathroom, very clean throughout. Helpful and professional young front desk staff. Breakfast selection and dining room ambiance far exceed normal expectations. Nice lobby bar with wonderful service.

Highly recommended!

Unique Quality: Pastoral St. Stephen's Green adjacent.

• curiouslumi's Profile Photo

Stephen's Green Hotel

4 nights of a business trip. Did not spend much time in the room. Would recommend it for my fellow collegues and anyone else.

Unique Quality: It has everything you can expect from 4-star hotel.

I liked the silence and ironing facilities right in the room. Also the bathroom shampoo is surprisingly great.

Service was good and they let me check-in before official time that saved me some trouble.

Then their restaurant "Pie Dish" is well worth a visit.

Directions: Corner of St. Stephen's Green park

• denver662's Profile Photo

Staunton's on the Green

avg. US$70/single

Unique Quality: I stayed at the wonderful Staunton's on the Green which is just south of St. Stephen's Green. I was able to book online via a Irish hotel reservation system. Unfortunatley, I don't remember the website but you can reach them at +353 478 2300. For a room with 2 single beds, cable, and a private bath; it was only about US$70 per night. The price includes a full Irish breakfast. The staff is extremely helpful. The hotel is just a short walk from from the sights and sounds of Grafton St and Temple Bar. If your looking to be close to the action but far enough away not to have to deal with the noise and crowds I would highly recommend Staunton's on the Green.

Directions: Stauntons on the Green
    83 St. Stephen's Green
    Dublin 2
    Ireland

More about Stauntons on the Green Hotel

Stauntons Green

by lutteuses

We're coming to Dublin in May and it has been arranged for us to stay in Stauntons Green Hotel. Does anyone know this place? Can we walk to the shops? Can we walk home after a night in the pub? OK, probably not, but is the hotel in walking distance from where we tourists probably will end up?
Thanks,
Ls

Re: Stauntons Green

by IrishFem

Stauntons is located in one of the most best known and most beautiful parts of Dublin. It is close to museums, art galleries, Grafton Street which is the main shopping area and most of the major tourist attractions.
Your in the middle of everything and its very central. It would be safe to walk back to your hotel from Grafton Street where their are a lot of nice pubs to visit and close by to Dawson Street.

by lutteuses

Thanks for your response I-Fem! Can you recommend any good shoe stores? Is it true that Guinness tastes better in Ireland? Can girls drink Guinness in Ireland or do we have to drink orange juice like the English do to prove we're feminine?

Hi,

It is true that Guinnes tates better in Ireland.. Something to do with the water. Most people drink pints of the black stuff because its cheaper. Lots of good shoe stores on Grafton street, try Brown Thomas if you want expensive shoes.

by lutteuses

Thanks again. We do want expensive shoes, but we probably can't afford them! Look forward to seeing your lovely capital and thanks again for your help! Ls

Your welcome.

by challenger

"Can girls drink Guinness in Ireland or do we have to drink orange juice like the English do to prove we're feminine?"

Hmmm, last time I was in England it certainly wasn't orange juice the girls were drinking! :-)

Holger

Re: Stauntons Green

by travelmad478

I stayed at this hotel two years ago, and while the location is everything you'll want, I found the hotel itself pretty disappointing. The outside looks very nice, but the room we were given was absolutely miniscule, with shabby furnishings. The bathroom was the size of a linen closet--you literally could not turn around in it. Also, our room faced the street: sure, it had a nice view of St Stephens Green, but the hotel is also right on a very busy road. Quite noisy. If you are planning to stay here, definitely ask for a room facing the back.

Granted, I am somewhat spoiled for hotels since I travel a lot on business. This case was particularly difficult since I had spent the first 5 days of that Dublin visit staying at the Four Seasons in Ballsbridge. Still, although the Four Seasons was about three times the price of Staunton's, it was definitely well more than three times more comfortable.

If you are the kind of person that truly wants just a bed to sleep in and a convenient location, this hotel will work. But I thought the price was excessive, considering the deficiencies of the room.

Comments